Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Thread for Jeff to Answer Questions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Thread for Jeff to Answer Questions (Read 5918 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Thread for Jeff to Answer Questions
Reply #390 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 10:18am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 10:02am:
That's a clown post, bro.  Jeff likes to bicker and he's always available.  Go to it!

So you'll be ignoring my posts from now on?  Its you're right to do that.  Before you do, real quick:  where do people get power over others before they grant it to others?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #391 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 10:18am:
So you'll be ignoring my posts from now on?  Its you're right to do that. 

I am just not going to bicker when you write point by point posts of skews, slants and misquotes like that one.  I'd never win at bickering with a natural playgrounder.

That's why they fired you, wasn't it?  The teachers said they got that eight year old crap all day long, they couldn't take it when you did it in the teachers lounge.  There really is no skill in it.  That's why eight year olds do it.  Not the smart ones, the slow ones who have nothing else and want a reaction

Before you do, real quick:  where do people get power over others before they grant it to others?

Read the founding fathers and other classic libertarians and get back to me.  That is the basis of our country and my views.  I'd be glad to discuss it further, but I'm not interested in explaining the basis of our government to you.  Start by teaching yourself the basic concepts

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #392 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Before you do, real quick:  where do people get power over others before they grant it to others?
Since this thread is for me to answer questions, I'll tell you again, people have a right to form governments and the right to empower those governments to protect their rights by doing things like having police arrest thieves and rapists and murderers. They have a concomitant right to establish uniform rules for taxation in order to support the governments they create.

It is not essential that everyone agrees. The rapists probably don't. Neither do the anarchists.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #393 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:10am:
Since this thread is for me to answer questions, I'll tell you again, people have a right to form governments and the right to empower those governments to protect their rights by doing things like having police arrest thieves and rapists and murderers.

Absolutely.  Individuals have a right to self-defense and therefore they can grant government the power to defend them.

Quote:
They have a concomitant right to establish uniform rules for taxation in order to support the governments they create.

Nope.  If I hire armed security to protect my house from burglars, that is my right.  If I decide that the presence of armed security makes the whole neighborhood safer, and therefore I have the right to send those armed men to other homeowners to collect money to help pay for it, that is theft, pure and simple.  Calling it, "uniform rules for taxation," doesn't change what it is.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #394 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:24am:
Absolutely.  Individuals have a right to self-defense and therefore they can grant government the power to defend them.

Nope.  If I hire armed security to protect my house from burglars, that is my right.  If I decide that the presence of armed security makes the whole neighborhood safer, and therefore I have the right to send those armed men to other homeowners to collect money to help pay for it, that is theft, pure and simple.  Calling it, "uniform rules for taxation," doesn't change what it is.

Granting a government the power to defend you is an empty academic exercise if said  government doesn't exist because you aren't allowed to fund it with tax revenue.

Your private security will serve you.

The idea of tax funded police is that they will serve everyone in the community.

Do I want a rapist arrested if he rapes your daughter? Yes. Will you pay your private security to find and arrest a man who rapes my daughter? No, and you can't send your hired thugs to steal my property ether. The police will arrest them, provided we have taxation to pay the police...

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #395 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:27am:
Granting a government the power to defend you is an empty academic exercise if said  government doesn't exist because you aren't allowed to fund it with tax revenue.

Your private security will serve you.

The idea of tax funded police is that they will serve everyone in the community.

Do I want a rapist arrested if he rapes your daughter? Yes.

But most likely he won't be since police almost never catch rapists.  To busy trying to ID people for "taking pictures of private property and failure to ID."

Quote:
Will you pay your private security to find and arrest a man who rapes my daughter?

Of course I will.  They will ask him to come with them to face the judge.  If he doesn't want to, the alternative won't be pretty.  If I don't have the power to do that, how could I ever give that power to government?

Quote:
No, and you can't send your hired thugs to steal my property ether. The police will arrest them, provided we have taxation to pay the police...

But, taxation is the act of sending armed thugs taking your property.  Giving it a pretty (to you) name doesn't change what it is. 

Key question which can only be answered "yes" or "no" and then explained all you like.  Don't even answer if you are unable to do that:

Is the right to empower a government to tax an absolute right?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #396 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:51am:
Of course I will.
Sure, you're going to pay your private security people to police the entire city, because you are so wealthy and benevolent.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #397 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
But, taxation is the act of sending armed thugs taking your property.
You just can't see the difference between legal taxation and plain old theft.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #398 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Is the right to empower a government to tax an absolute right?
As you should know, I don't believe any rights are absolute.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #399 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:24am:
f I decide that the presence of armed security makes the whole neighborhood safer, and therefore I have the right to send those armed men to other homeowners to collect money to help pay for it, that is theft, pure and simple.  Calling it, "uniform rules for taxation," doesn't change what it is.

Yeah, that's the same as government.  Troll troll, troll ...

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 52
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Thread for Jeff to Answer Questions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy