Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Sociopaths That (We) Voters Elect To Represent Us
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sociopaths That (We) Voters Elect To Represent Us (Read 282 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Sociopaths That (We) Voters Elect To Represent Us
Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:57am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 11:44am:
Yes, the two parties.  Tweedledee and Tweedledum.  They never understand when I point out that when you remove the rhetoric, there's no real difference between them.  Republicans spend like Democrats, Democrats are as moralistic as Republicans, and they both love war.

I supported the wars back in the 80s and early 90s believing we were making the world better.  It was finally realizing that we were not accomplishing anything, just fighting in endless wars that made me start changing my views in the 90s and I left the Republican party
I noticed in the '50s that the "solution" to the Korean War didn't make the world better. That feeling was reinforced by the Vietnam War (which I originally supported because I thought containing Communism was worth going to war to accomplish).

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 11:16am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 11:44am:
...we were not accomplishing anything, just fighting in endless wars that made me start changing my views in the 90s and I left the Republican party

I too was a former republican.

In october 2001, when congress rammed the PATRIOT Act through, I realized the slippery slope was established, and that more infringements on individual rights would be coming down the pike.  That's when I bailed out.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 11:16am:
I too was a former republican.

In october 2001, when congress rammed the PATRIOT Act through, I realized the slippery slope was established, and that more infringements on individual rights would be coming down the pike.  That's when I bailed out.

The two parties are dependent on pointing their fingers at the other party and saying ... they are worse ...

The path to freedom depends on freeing ourselves from the falsehood.  In the end, they actually do not do things any differently.

Trump isn't really that different either.  Only a little bit.  It's loads of fun though noticing how much he loves whacking the hornets nest and the Democrats melting down every time.

It was HW that convinced me to leave the party.  I voted for Perot in 92, then Harry Browne in 96 and 00 and Badnarik in 04.  Nader in 08 (McCain was a no  go and Barr wasn't a libertarian).  I finally voted for Romney in 12 breaking the streak, but was back to Gary Johnson by 16.  20?  TBD.

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:07pm:
The two parties are dependent on pointing their fingers at the other party and saying ... they are worse ...

The path to freedom depends on freeing ourselves from the falsehood.  In the end, they actually do not do things any differently.

Trump isn't really that different either.  Only a little bit.  It's loads of fun though noticing how much he loves whacking the hornets nest and the Democrats melting down every time.

It was HW that convinced me to leave the party.  I voted for Perot in 92, then Harry Browne in 96 and 00 and Badnarik in 04.  Nader in 08 (McCain was a no  go and Barr wasn't a libertarian).  I finally voted for Romney in 12 breaking the streak, but was back to Gary Johnson by 16.  20?  TBD.
It's beyond my imagination how any libertarian could have voted for Perot or Nader or Romney.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Sociopaths That (We) Voters Elect To Represent Us
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy