Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why we know women are paid the same as men
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Why we know women are paid the same as men (Read 63 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Why we know women are paid the same as men
Jan 6th, 2019 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
If women really were paid 77 cents on the dollar for the same skills and experience as men, then the company that exploited that would offer women 80 cents on the dollar and get rich.  Then someone would offer 82, then someone 85, ... and the difference would go away.

It's how capitalism works.  Only government could enforce a system where women made less because only government can use guns to force women and companies to not act in their own interest.

That's why the wage gap goes away when you account for experience, education, etc.  But simple logic would have told the leftist identity politics idiots the claim was a lie in the first place.

Then again, they don't really care.  They want the government to use guns to manipulate markets.  That's not just their solution, it's the end goal

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why we know women are paid the same as men
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 12:02pm:
If women really were paid 77 cents on the dollar for the same skills and experience as men, then the company that exploited that would offer women 80 cents on the dollar and get rich.  Then someone would offer 82, then someone 85, ... and the difference would go away.

It's how capitalism works.  Only government could enforce a system where women made less because only government can use guns to force women and companies to not act in their own interest.

That's why the wage gap goes away when you account for experience, education, etc.  But simple logic would have told the leftist identity politics idiots the claim was a lie in the first place.

Then again, they don't really care.  They want the government to use guns to manipulate markets.  That's not just their solution, it's the end goal

Women are paid the same as men for the same jobs, generally speaking.  What gives them a lower pay rate on average is that they work the higher paying jobs, like engineering and senior management less frequently than men do.

Whether this is because they choose the less challenging jobs or because the quasi-free market selects against them due to the the issues they bring to the job more often than men is up for debate.

I'm glad to read that part I bolded.  You're starting to get it if that's any indication.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:00pm:
Women are paid the same as men for the same jobs, generally speaking.  What gives them a lower pay rate on average is that they work the higher paying jobs, like engineering and senior management less frequently than men do.

Whether this is because they choose the less challenging jobs or because the quasi-free market selects against them due to the the issues they bring to the job more often than men is up for debate.

I'm glad to read that part I bolded.  You're starting to get it if that's any indication.

If libertarian ideas are starting to take hold on you, then I'm glad to hear that.  The only libertarian idea you had when I was here before was that you believed you should be able to live your own life on your own land if you choose and not be bothered.  It was once you step off your land your views stopped being libertarian

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote yesterday at 7:00pm:
Quote:

kaz wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:42pm:
If libertarian ideas are starting to take hold on you, then I'm glad to hear that. 

Oh, I'm sorry.  I mixed you up with Jeff when I wrote that.  Dang, I was hoping Jeff had finally started to get what government is. 

I don't remember whether you were libertarian or not from when you were here before.  I just remember the constant mudslinging.

Quote:
The only libertarian idea you had when I was here before was that you believed you should be able to live your own life on your own land if you choose and not be bothered.  It was once you step off your land your views stopped being libertarian

Now, you must be mixing me up with someone else.  I never said anything like that.  Maybe it was my mother, huh?

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 11:53am:
Snarky Sack wrote yesterday at 7:00pm:

Oh, I'm sorry.  I mixed you up with Jeff when I wrote that.  Dang, I was hoping Jeff had finally started to get what government is. 

I don't remember whether you were libertarian or not from when you were here before.  I just remember the constant mudslinging.

Now, you must be mixing me up with someone else.  I never said anything like that.  Maybe it was my mother, huh?

No, it was clearly you.  You consistently argued that government could charge use taxes no matter how it wants to charge them, including using the current calculations.

It's part of being a liar, you never remember what you made up from one conversation to another

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why we know women are paid the same as men
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy