Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › ¡Ocasio!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ¡Ocasio! (Read 10663 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: ¡Ocasio!
Reply #50 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 2:31pm:
The jobs guarantee is hands down her worst idea.  The rest are generally bad and short on detail but the jobs guarantee, WTF?
Right. Why guarantee everybody a job when everybody gets a "basic living income" whether they work or not?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:10pm:
I heard the news website Russia Today (RT) is funded completely by voluntary donations!

Was it CNN or MSNBC who reported that?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:13pm:
Was it CNN or MSNBC who reported that?
I read it on the internet. I think it was on an RT forum...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:15pm:
I read it on the internet. I think it was on an RT forum...

Oh, OK.  For the record,  Russian government provides 100% of RT funding.  RT is a state-run propaganda outlet.

That said, The quality and accuracy of RT's reporting is FAR better than the US commercially sponsored fake-news outlets (IMO). 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 4:21pm:
Oh, OK.  For the record,  Russian government provides 100% of RT funding.  RT is a state-run propaganda outlet.

That said, The quality and accuracy of RT's reporting is FAR better than the US commercially sponsored fake-news outlets (IMO). 
Yes, the lizard will confirm it, good propaganda requires a good solid base in some sort of reality to make it believable. After you establish that solid base, you can start spinning and nudging and being creative.

I read news from outlets all over the world, as you might have guessed from some of the links I post here, and I also read news from lots of non-commercial outlets. Smiley

Then I use critical thinking to decide for myself what is really probably maybe happening in the world and what it might really mean. Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Are people actually thinking Ocasio would make a good President?

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasio-cortez-i-acknowledge-my-privilege-being-bo...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 8:56am:
Are people actually thinking Ocasio would make a good President?

https://news.grabien.com/story-ocasio-cortez-i-acknowledge-my-privilege-being-bo...

" I’m a cisgendered woman. I will never know the trauma of feeling like I’m not born in the right body. And that is a privilege that I have, no matter how poor my family was when I was born."

Ocasio pretends to come from a poor family.  It's a lie.  She'll make an ideal Congress Critter. 

In the suburb in Westchester where Ocasio-Cortez grew up, the average household income in that area is $115,732. A website called Point2homes.com says the average household net worth is $1,192,838.

AOC is not presidential material.  But she can look forward to a life-long career in Congress.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 11:26am:
Ocasio pretends to come from a poor family.  It's a lie.  She'll make an ideal Congress Critter. 

I do find that kind of amusing, she didn't come from a poor family, she was just a loser that couldn't find a decent job until recently. 

From wiki:
Quote:
Ocasio-Cortez has described her background as working-class, and relates many of her political positions to it. When her father died intestate in 2008,[29] she became involved in a long probate battle to settle his estate.
Lengthy probate battles, super common problem in working class communities.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #58 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 1st, 2019 at 12:30pm:
I do find that kind of amusing, she didn't come from a poor family, she was just a loser that couldn't find a decent job until recently. 

From wiki:
Lengthy probate battles, super common problem in working class communities. 

Wow, she's from Yorktown Heights and she claims to have grown up poor?  What a twit.  One of my daughters was born in White Plains a few miles from there and my kids grew up in Fairfield County across the border in Connecticut.  And she says she was poor?  That's just pathetic.

Democrats clearly recognize how biased the media is since they say things like that knowing they won't be called on it.  How many times did Hillary go around talking about Trump "stalking" her at the debates when the cameras clearly showed he never moved from the spot he was in.  Obama claimed he was born in Kenya, then his wife said it.  But that's fine.  Anyone else who said it is a racist.  Hillary actually paid for Russian dirt in the election.  No worries.  No collusion there.  It just goes on and on.

I don't want the press to give Republicans a pass like they do the Democrats.  I want them to go after Democrats like they do the Republicans

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
If Hillary is still alive (or a reasonable facsimile of her is created using AS technology) I think I'll vote for her in 2020. Or stay home.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › ¡Ocasio!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy