Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › ¡Ocasio!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) ¡Ocasio! (Read 8037 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: ¡Ocasio!
Reply #70 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 4:46pm:
Edit: I thought you knew that pretty much all taxes go into the general fund

No shit.  Where did you get I didn't know that?  For your next trick can you tell me that there are 50 States of different sizes?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #71 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
She is wrong about many things but I'd bet she did not say this.  Spreading fake news will not help the cause it will only make the cause look stupid and aid the likes AOC. 

Agreed.  Quotes should be accurate.  Like how the left constantly lie about what Trump said, by rephrasing it to what they want him to have said.

She did say this though, which is equivalent:

"Cities and states with strong gun laws have managed to cut gun violence significantly without running afoul of the Second Amendment."

I'm not defending the meme, but unlike Fake News changing Trump's quotes, at least the meme is equivalent to what she said

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
She is wrong about many things but I'd bet she did not say this.  Spreading fake news will not help the cause it will only make the cause look stupid and aid the likes AOC. 

Ok. I deleted it.

" I'd love to be inaugurated January 3rd.  January 4th, I would sign in health care,  we're signing this... (unintelligible)...  But really is that we have a duty to always fight and maintain the strength of our boundaries."

WHAT???

The woman is nuttier than squirrel poop!   So are the people who voted for her.  Grin

This is why we need a Voter Proficiency Exam.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:44pm:
Ok. I deleted it.

" I'd love to be inaugurated January 3rd.  January 4th, I would sign in health care,  we're signing this... (unintelligible)...  But really is that we have a duty to always fight and maintain the strength of our boundaries."

WHAT???

The woman is nuttier than squirrel poop!   So are the people who voted for her.  Grin

This is why we need a Voter Proficiency Exam.
You've posted quite a bit of this sort of shit lately Chief... Are you being coerced?

Perhaps doing it for personal gain?

How can I trust you now? Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 6:31pm:
You've posted quite a bit of this sort of shit lately Chief... Are you being coerced?

Perhaps doing it for personal gain?

How can I trust you now? Cry

Not coercion.  I'm fuelled by booze.  You are too.

So we're even.   Grin.   Trust becomes easy now.  There is common ground. . . . The fundamental basis for trust!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 6:30am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:35pm:
No shit.  Where did you get I didn't know that?  For your next trick can you tell me that there are 50 States of different sizes?
I think it was when you said this:

"Note for Jeff:  All redistribution of wealth taxes are armed robbery."

You seemed to be saying that there are taxes that are levied just for the re-distribution of wealth and that the revenue they produce is somehow sequestered and used only for that purpose.

Thanks for letting me know I misunderstood what you were saying.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #76 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 6th, 2019 at 6:30am:
I think it was when you said this:

"Note for Jeff:  All redistribution of wealth taxes are armed robbery."

You seemed to be saying that there are taxes that are levied just for the re-distribution of wealth and that the revenue they produce is somehow sequestered and used only for that purpose

No, I was saying that you need my full position elaborated in every post because you can't remember what I said in my last post when you read the next one

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 7:26am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 6th, 2019 at 6:54am:
No, I was saying that you need my full position elaborated in every post because you can't remember what I said in my last post when you read the next one
Didn't you tell me that once before?

We agree that words matter. My position is that it's the redistributive spending that is wrong and unconstitutional and it doesn't matter what Congress says the tax is for when they collect it, so long as it's collected legally... It especially doesn't matter when they just chuck all the revenue in one big basket.

"Redistribution of wealth taxes" are something I don't think exist in reality. Just like F.I.C.A. 'contributions' are mandatory and really nothing but a tax on working people that should be apportioned because it's Direct. Just like there is no 'Social Security Trust Fund' in a 'lockbox'. There isn't even any lock box.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #78 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 6th, 2019 at 7:26am:
Didn't you tell me that once before?

We agree that words matter. My position is that it's the redistributive spending that is wrong and unconstitutional and it doesn't matter what Congress says the tax is for when they collect it, so long as it's collected legally... It especially doesn't matter when they just chuck all the revenue in one big basket.

"Redistribution of wealth taxes" are something I don't think exist in reality. Just like F.I.C.A. 'contributions' are mandatory and really nothing but a tax on working people that should be apportioned because it's Direct. Just like there is no 'Social Security Trust Fund' in a 'lockbox'. There isn't even any lock box.

OK, I see what you're saying.

Taxes spent on redistributing wealth are stealing.  That portion of the taxes that are for that purpose.  Separating money is irrelevant, as Opposition correctly stated, money is fungible.

If you are taxed $1 and 60 cents is paid to someone else then that was stolen.  The other 40 cents is not necessarily clean, but the 60 was pure armed robbery.

It doesn't matter what you were taxed for.  If it is used for redistribution, it's armed robbery.  Period

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:46am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 5th, 2019 at 4:40pm:
Agreed.  Quotes should be accurate.  Like how the left constantly lie about what Trump said, by rephrasing it to what they want him to have said.
One of the "up sides" of Trump is that its made the notion that the main stream media is unbiased unsupportable.  With the exception of Fox and a few clearly rightwing sources, the media has been unable to contain their bias.

Quote:
She did say this though, which is equivalent:

"Cities and states with strong gun laws have managed to cut gun violence significantly without running afoul of the Second Amendment."

I'm not defending the meme, but unlike Fake News changing Trump's quotes, at least the meme is equivalent to what she said

That's bits debatable.  Its not close enough that I would spread that meme around anyway.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › ¡Ocasio!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy