Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How much would you pay to live in a more libertarian country?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) How much would you pay to live in a more libertarian country? (Read 274 times)
genepool
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

How much would you pay to live in a more libertarian country?
Jan 9th, 2019 at 9:35am
Print Post  
1. How much would you pay?
2. How libertarian the country you want to move in?

All this time we see libertarian ism as an "ideal" and we ask how should our country change.

Let's look at it from a customer points of view. Say there are many kind of countries in the world. How much we want to pay to move to such countries?

The amount should be small enough that we want to pay. It should be large enough that such countries are "possible". So I do not think absolutely no tax free border fully libertarian country is an option. I mean if there is I am there already right?

So what's the sweet spot between what I want and what I am willing to pay. The market way.

Me. I am willing to pay $3k per year visa. May be more.

I want legalization of most drugs. I don't mind if it's heavily taxed. A country needs money. I have heard that MDMA, ganja, DMT, and many other drugs can expand consciousness and I want to try that.

I do not want full libertarianism. I mean freedom to crucify cats are not important for me.

Freedom of speech is nice. However, I won't be drawing any Muhammad cartoon anyway. I prefer to just forget religions or looking at them as a third person unaffected.

Libertarianism improve women's market value so much. You know how much virginity worth when auction. I've heard some girls make $6k a day as prostitutes. As a man, I don't like that.

However, I like sugar relationship. I think prostitution should be legal. However, I am not aiming for that.

Sales tax and land tax is okay. I do not like income taxes.

I don't plan to have sex with anyone under 18 years old. However, if I have a son, and  my 12 years old son crappity smack beautiful teacher, I do not think he is a "victim".

I think fine should replace most jail sentences. Yes rich guys are less likely to be deterred. I just think that punishment should fit the damage of the crime and not the wealth of the criminals.

In general, I think biblical laws that forced a guy that have sex with a virgin to compensate for the girl's virginity to the parents is reasonably fair.

However, I think the value should be market price. This solves the girl vs boys dilemma. A girls' virginity worth a lot in auction while boys virginity worth little.

Also I think the girl should get the compensation and not the parents, though I really don't care. Either is fair.

If the guy can't afford the fine we always have jail or forced labor. But fine would fix the issue because it benefits the victim.

I want save neighborhood. I want to be free from force or fraud.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How much would you pay to live in a more libertarian country?
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Eventually, Progressives will infiltrate, infest the government, and before long there will be income taxes and redistribution.

It's just a matter of time, that's all.

A libertarian country is a fantasy.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 12:28pm:
Eventually, Progressives will infiltrate, infest the government, and before long there will be income taxes and redistribution.

It's just a matter of time, that's all.

A libertarian country is a fantasy.
Good limited government is achievable. Keeping it limited requires constant vigilance, but the better a plan you start with, the easier it is to keep it limited.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
Good limited government is achievable. Keeping it limited requires constant vigilance, but the better a plan you start with, the easier it is to keep it limited.

The US started out as a good plan.  Government was limited by the Constitution for 130 years.

But then the Progressive movement really took hold in the early 20th century.  (Teddy Roosevelt Admin)

Its been a downward spiral ever since. 

When will it end?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 3:21pm:
The US started out as a good plan.  Government was limited by the Constitution for 130 years.

But then the Progressive movement really took hold in the early 20th century.  (Teddy Roosevelt Admin)

Its been a downward spiral ever since. 

When will it end?

IDK. Ever since the "progressives" started ignoring the limits on the constitutionally granted taxing power, they have been sucking huge amounts of wealth out of the pockets of working people... When will that end?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Libertarians: Libertarianism is right! All tyranny must fall and be replaced by libertarianism! My government must change to suit me, and no one else!

"How much would you pay to move to Somalia?"

*crickets*

genepool wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 9:35am:
Let's look at it from a customer points of view. Say there are many kind of countries in the world. How much we want to pay to move to such countries?

Let's say there's a really tyrannical country founded on the principle of everyone having a camera on them at all times. If you lie, cheat, steal, whatever... you die.

Move to this country: $1.

Only people who are not liars, cheats, or thieves will go there.

Move to this country: $10,000,000

Wink

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 6:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:21pm:
"How much would you pay to move to Somalia?"

*crickets*

Rimshot!

The dumb ass is talking to himself again.  I don't see any anarchists around, moron.  That's why you're getting crickets

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:18am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:21pm:
Libertarians: Libertarianism is right! All tyranny must fall and be replaced by libertarianism! My government must change to suit me, and no one else!

Most libertarians want a limited government that protects everyone's rights equally.

Who does such a government not suit?

People who want to use the power of government to benefit themselves.

People who want to use the power of government to force people into becoming something that they are not, but that is seen as "better".

People who want to change society (or the world) into something it is not, but which they think will be "better"... In short, "progressives" of all sorts.

Al of the people who oppose limited government designed to protect individual rights and individual liberty advocate a government that uses force against people, and the long history of governments using force against people is littered with wars and famines and injustice of all sorts.

Of course, you prefer tyranny. No surprise there.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:20am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 6:49am:
Rimshot!

The dumb ass is talking to himself again.  I don't see any anarchists around, moron.  That's why you're getting crickets
There's anarchists around all right, but they imagine anarchy as complete freedom that will make everybody happy and wealthy, not the real sort of anarchy seen in Somalia.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 6:49am:
Rimshot!

Even if we're not considering anarachy, less than 1% of the country votes libertarian, supposedly. That's about where the consumer demand is.

My guess is most self-styled libertarians would prefer to live in the cushy benefits of Statism while using the philosophy to play victim. They shouldn't have to pay taxes; that's theft. (Insert "so many" in front of taxes if not anarchist.)

Let there be a libertarian country and let them move to it.

I believe that libertarianism is the only philosophy that's moral, but I never pretended I wanted to live somewhere like that because I believe it produces terrible results. I'm not certain, however, because there has never been a libertarian country.

What I actually want (though I recognise it's selfish and I would never advocate for it) is something exactly like Gene suggests. Is there a value to living in a certain country? Make people pay to come in.

I'm one of the people who increases that value just by being there. I don't take free money from the government, I pay my taxes, I don't commit crimes, and I don't have accidents that cost others money.

I am a resource; others are a drain on those resources. If a country has a lot of resources, and few drains, the cost to move there will be high. If a country has few resources, and many drains, they will make sure to charge drains more to come in than they will take. Or better yet, a special reduced admission fee if you sign away your right to welfare before you come in.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How much would you pay to live in a more libertarian country?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy