Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › NPR is Turning into a One Story Network
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) NPR is Turning into a One Story Network (Read 192 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

NPR is Turning into a One Story Network
Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I like listening to them in my car.  Statist SOB's but at least they make some sense.  Even when they bash Trump, it's based on analyzing his policies, not just calling him names like the networks who use the airwaves "for the public good."

Lately, every story is about some poor suffering non-essential federal worker.  They truly seem to think tha the main purpose of the federal government is a jobs program.  Not one story about anyone suffering for lack of whatever non-essential tasks those non-essential workers perform. 

Well, they did have an FBI agent whining about not having his support staff.  Sucks that he has to do his own filing, I guess.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: NPR is Turning into a One Story Network
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:58am:
I like listening to them in my car.  Statist SOB's but at least they make some sense.  Even when they bash Trump, it's based on analyzing his policies, not just calling him names like the networks who use the airwaves "for the public good."

Lately, every story is about some poor suffering non-essential federal worker.  They truly seem to think tha the main purpose of the federal government is a jobs program.  Not one story about anyone suffering for lack of whatever non-essential tasks those non-essential workers perform. 

Well, they did have an FBI agent whining about not having his support staff.  Sucks that he has to do his own filing, I guess.
After every other shutdown, the furloughed "workers" got full back pay. Since the furloughed "workers" are all highly skilled and highly educated (who else would the government hire?), no doubt they can all find good temporary jobs while on their paid vacations, so they'll end up better off.

People employed by private companies rarely if ever get re-instated with back pay if they are laid off because the company they work for doesn't have enough money to pay them...

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 2:41pm:
After every other shutdown, the furloughed "workers" got full back pay. Since the furloughed "workers" are all highly skilled and highly educated (who else would the government hire?), no doubt they can all find good temporary jobs while on their paid vacations, so they'll end up better off.

People employed by private companies rarely if ever get re-instated with back pay if they are laid off because the company they work for doesn't have enough money to pay them...

Exactly. 

Politicians get elected by telling people with useful jobs that they have to "share" their hard-earned money with people who make a living treating taxpayers like welfare dolees should be treated.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Lately, every story is about some poor suffering non-essential federal worker.  They truly seem to think that the main purpose of the federal government is a jobs program.

Put them all on welfare for life, no questions asked.

Not one story about anyone suffering for lack of whatever non-essential tasks those non-essential workers perform. 

'Cause there ain't any.

No really though I remembered seeing one, just not on NPR of course.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/national-parks-are-overflowing-with-poop-thanks-to...
Quote:
The shit storm—for lack of a more apt phrase—is a byproduct of a quirk in how the government has approached this shutdown versus those prior. Instead of closing the national parks, the Trump administration has kept them open but with little to no staff there to help manage the premises. With sanitation workers not on the job, human toxicity has been left unattended.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 6:41am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 10:26pm:
Put them all on welfare for life, no questions asked.

'Cause there ain't any.

No really though I remembered seeing one, just not on NPR of course.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/national-parks-are-overflowing-with-poop-thanks-to...

All I can say to bureaucrats not getting paid is, good.  What they did to me all the years I ran my own businesses is inhuman.  Government doesn't give a shit about jobs.  They just look at business owners like the mafia does

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:07am
Print Post  

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:42am
Print Post  
NPR is government funded, right? 

They are not essential.  Shouldn't NPR be furloughed during the shut-down??

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:42am:

Yep.

Now, I will say this:  on my local station at least, they also get funding from voluntary pledges.  So they are not totally dependent on the extortion. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:42am:

Giving tax money to NPR should stop. Probably they could continue to operate without it-

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2010/10/how_public_is_nprs_funding.html

Edit: Giving tax money to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting should stop too.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
When it comes to fund raising, they claim the governments contribution to their budget is tiny but every other conversation they seem to say its vital to their operations.

The government shut down is a loser for the Dems and Progressives it just show the rest of us how little it effects us in our daily lives.   Since the rest of us don't the same sort of job guarantee that government employees have, theirs really not much sympathy out there for them. 
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2019 at 5:50pm by ahhell »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › NPR is Turning into a One Story Network
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy