Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "That Sounds Like Good Dirt"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "That Sounds Like Good Dirt" (Read 71 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

"That Sounds Like Good Dirt"
Jan 12th, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Can't remember the movie, but it was set in the Civil War (War of Northern Aggresion).

So these soldiers (can't remember what side they were on, but what does it matter?) were talking about their homes and how they missed them.  One of them described the dirt on their farm.  "Dark, moist, fertile, wish I was there for plowing time." 

Another said wistfully, "that sounds like good dirt."

See my point? 

Absent government, they would be growing food for hungry people, not carrying guns and shooting other farmers (for what?).

Government is a racket.

Never forget that.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "That Sounds Like Good Dirt"
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
My house has horrible, cracked, alkaline clay soil.

Cry

It's so alkaline that one day, when I was really blowing myself out tilling (mainly because I didn't have the proper tool), and I puked on the ground, more grass grew around the puke spot than anywhere else.

I've had great success turning my yard into a clover bed and planting among the clover, though.

Actually, today, less than 1% of the population produces all the food. That's scary. If I were dictator, it would be required learning. You don't pass that by the time you hit puberty, you get spayed.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "That Sounds Like Good Dirt"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy