Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Dozens Of Democrat Candidates Already - Many More To Come
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Dozens Of Democrat Candidates Already - Many More To Come (Read 10346 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Dozens Of Democrat Candidates Already - Many More To Come
Feb 4th, 2019 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
The field is yuuuuuuge.   Two dozen so far, and counting!   They share two primary objectives;

1) Destroy Trump

2) Raise Taxes to fund various Social programs

Aside from those two things, there are some slight differences but most aspire to redistribute wealth evenly.

They want to offer "free" health care to all.  Some also want Universal Basic Income, meaning that everybody gets a paycheck regardless of productivity.  Some want guaranteed jobs to anyone who wants to work.  Some want all three!! 

The price tag for all these government hand-outs is enormous - ranging anywhere from $1.8 Trillion/year to over $4 Trillion/year! Shocked     Of course, Taxpayers get stuck with the bill.

How could anyone seriously consider these candidates for President?

When the 2020 Primary Caucuses start, there should be at least 60 Democrat Presidential candidates.   Grin

Can you imagine the debates?

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: Dozens Of Democrat Candidates Already - Many More To Come
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 2:20pm:
The field is yuuuuuuge.   Two dozen so far, and counting!   They share two primary objectives;

1) Destroy Trump

2) Raise Taxes to fund various Social programs

Aside from those two things, there are some slight differences but most aspire to redistribute wealth evenly.

They want to offer "free" health care to all.  Some also want Universal Basic Income, meaning that everybody gets a paycheck regardless of productivity.  Some want guaranteed jobs to anyone who wants to work.  Some want all three!! 

The price tag for all these government hand-outs is enormous - ranging anywhere from $1.8 Trillion/year to over $4 Trillion/year! Shocked     Of course, Taxpayers get stuck with the bill.

How could anyone seriously consider these candidates for President?

When the 2020 Primary Caucuses start, there should be at least 60 Democrat Presidential candidates.   Grin

Can you imagine the debates?

The debates will be hilarious.  Forty people with the same views arguing about who said what first and screaming at each other.  Sort of like Hillary versus Obama, just more of them.

Democrats believe their own propaganda and think they just need to show up to beat Trump.  Like Hillary did

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I'm going to write in Hillary, even if she's not still alive by the election!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:02pm:
I'm going to write in Hillary, even if she's not still alive by the election!

As an independent, I can vote in either primary in North Carolina.  Since Trump is certain, I do have to vote in the Democrat field.  Hillary is a great choice if she's still alive

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:22pm:
As an independent, I can vote in either primary in North Carolina.  Since Trump is certain, I do have to vote in the Democrat field.  Hillary is a great choice if she's still alive
North Carolina allows you to change your Party affiliation on election day at the polls, so voting in the primary for the least likely to win of the candidates running in the Party you oppose could work to get your candidate elected in the general election.

Since you think The Donald will be a shoo-in in NC, why not vote for a Libertarian? (Actually, if there is a good libertarian running, I'll probably give them my vote, but I'm all for Hillary in the primary, because I think she doesn't have a prayer in the general election... Smiley)

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
North Carolina allows you to change your Party affiliation on election day at the polls, so voting in the primary for the least likely to win of the candidates running in the Party you oppose could work to get your candidate elected in the general election.

Since you think The Donald will be a shoo-in in NC, why not vote for a Libertarian? (Actually, if there is a good libertarian running, I'll probably give them my vote, but I'm all for Hillary in the primary, because I think she doesn't have a prayer in the general election... Smiley)

I just said I'm an independent in the post you responded to, Jeff, so I don't need to change my party affiliation.

I'd consider voting Libertarian.  But I've been really disappointed in the party's candidates since Browne and Badnarik

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
...I'm all for Hillary in the primary, because I think she doesn't have a prayer in the general election... Smiley)

kaz wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:22pm:
  ...Hillary is a great choice if she's still alive.

Hillary is radioactive.  Democrats even avoid speaking her name. 

Note that both Bill and Hillary were unwelcome on the midterm campaign trail.   Nobody even wanted to be in the same room with them!    Grin

The new generation dems are way left of Hillary.   

Trump did that.    

Bless his heart!!     Grin    Grin    Grin    Smiley

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2019 at 8:45am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:40pm:
I just said I'm an independent in the post you responded to, Jeff, so I don't need to change my party affiliation.

I'd consider voting Libertarian.  But I've been really disappointed in the party's candidates since Browne and Badnarik
They were better than the TwoParty candidates.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Bernie Sanders may soon announce 2020 Presidential campaign.

Sanders has recorded a campaign video in which he says he is running for president in 2020, according to two people familiar with the spot, but the video has not yet been released.

Who will Bernie pick as his running mate?     PLEASE let it be AOC!!   Grin   Grin   Cheesy

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 4th, 2019 at 5:59pm:
  Hillary is radioactive.  Democrats even avoid speaking her name. 

Note that both Bill and Hillary were unwelcome on the midterm campaign trail.   Nobody even wanted to be in the same room with them!    Grin

The new generation dems are way left of Hillary.   

Trump did that.    

Bless his heart!!     Grin    Grin    Grin    Smiley

True.  The left can't criticize her though.  It would be hilarious if she ran.  She really, really wants to. 

Every Democrat thinks they can beat Trump right now.  C'mon baby.  Hillary.  Run, baby run ...

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Dozens Of Democrat Candidates Already - Many More To Come
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy