Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mousetraps Work because . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Mousetraps Work because . . . (Read 1538 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Mousetraps Work because . . .
Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
It's not worth the time to go into detail, so I'll just say that all life forms are opportunistic.

The first humans were opportunists eating seeds and tubers and scavenging bone marrow and brains when they could get them (lean meat such as they were likely to find isn't that good as a food source), but they almost certainly didn't live in trees. They probably slept in trees and climbed into trees to escape predators, but they weren't arboreal, they were nomads.

I'm speaking of when they came down out of the trees. The ancestors of those ones were arboreal.

Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 1:32pm:
None of their meals were free, they worked to make their living. Even what they scavenged had to be scavenged in competition with other scavengers, but if their diet wasn't mostly nuts and seeds and tubers, they were probably on the edge of starvation. At times and places, they could easily harvest an abundance of wild foods with not too much work, at other times and places, they worked hard all day and came up with short rations or nothing.

They worked to find opportunities to obtain food. That's a completely different mindset than a true predator, for whom every meal means a kill made, and somebody making it.

He might eat carrion if he's starving but that's the outlier situation for him and not the norm. He rarely, if ever in a lifetime, gets a windfall. To a true opportunist, every meal is a windfall of some sort.

That's not even to say the opportunist won't hunt if that's the easiest way to obtain food. But this is not the norm for him. The norm for him is thinking about where the next windfall (a seasonal abundance of roots, for example) is going to be.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:23pm:
I'm speaking of when they came down out of the trees.
How do you know about those times?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:28pm:
How do you know about those times?

I read about them. Curiosity Stream also has a documentary if you don't care to read.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:23pm:
They worked to find opportunities to obtain food.
All living organisms did that. Shrug.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 9:29pm:
I read about them. Curiosity Stream also has a documentary if you don't care to read.
I've always been curious. You have yet to help.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #25 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 11:00am:
Ah.

So now you're editing my quotes in the quote box itself?  Of course you are.  That's why they fired you from being a teacher, playgrounding in the teachers lounge.  Teachers may be overpaid and they weren't very good students, but they did want you to act older than the kids

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #26 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 7th, 2019 at 11:00am:
Ah.

BTW, what is that smell?  Did someone bring a gorilla in here?  Oh wait, it's me.  (Sniffs under arm, jerks head back).  OMG, that smells like shit.  That reminds me, I have to remember to buy toilet paper the next time I go out.  Oh, and soap.

What was the question again, kaz?

I didn't ask you a question

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 12:59pm:
So now you're editing my quotes in the quote box itself? 

It has long been acceptable to put clarifying words in a quotation in order that the words be understood in proper context.  However, since I like to be mindful of the lengths you will go to the lengths to which you will go in order to change the subject from libertarianism to grammer, I double checked and discovered that I should have used brackets, not parentheses. 

Thank you for the correction.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #28 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:16pm:
It has long been acceptable to put clarifying words in a quotation in order that the words be understood in proper context.  However, since I like to be mindful of the lengths you will go to the lengths to which you will go in order to change the subject from libertarianism to grammer, I double checked and discovered that I should have used brackets, not parentheses. 

Thank you for the correction.

You clearly put that in to misrepresent what I said.  It didn't "clarify" what I said, you changed it to turn it back around on me.  You can play your eight year old games outside my quote box, not in it.  What I said was clear, and you did that to change it, not clarify it.

You're such a liar.  And you have no manhood, you can never just admit what you did.  Note here you lied again.  I addressed your changing my quote and you lied that I was talking about grammar, that clearly wasn't my issue.

BTW, your grammer was your mama's mama or your pappy's mama.  You meant grammar.  Sheesh, "teacher."

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 1:20pm:
You clearly put that in to misrepresent what I said.  It didn't "clarify" what I said, you changed it to turn it back around on me.  You can play your eight year old games outside my quote box, not in it.  What I said was clear, and you did that to change it, not clarify it.

If I made a mistake, I'll admit it.  What did you mean when you said, "I don't see the difference?"  You don't see the difference between what and what?

Quote:
You're such a liar.  And you have no manhood, you can never just admit what you did.  Note here you lied again.  I addressed your changing my quote and you lied that I was talking about grammar, that clearly wasn't my issue.

I just admire how vigilant you are in correcting my grammar.

Quote:
BTW, your grammer was your mama's mama or your pappy's mama.  You meant grammar.  Sheesh, "teacher."

Yes, correcting me spelling also.

Thanks.

And thanks for again showing interest in my family members.  Displays genuwine maturity on your part.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mousetraps Work because . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy