Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mousetraps Work because . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Mousetraps Work because . . . (Read 1713 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Mousetraps Work because . . .
Reply #70 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
Oh, one or two conversations, there you go then.

Did you ask them your hypothetical about a leftist government harvesting organs from healthy people?
I'm not positive, but I think the "progressives" experimented with that sort of thing when Wilson was President, as part of their eugenics experimentation...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 6:25pm:
I try. It's hard to live up to ideals...

To you want to know exactly why I think the graphic you posted is insulting to libertarians?

Perhaps you already know, and knew even before you posted it?

Do you think any of the stuff you say about me is insulting? You know how you accuse me of wanting to torture animals?

Well, of course none of that's insulting. You're a libertarian, so the standards are different for you.

As a libertarian, you get the best of all worlds. My graphic is completely true, so you'll shut it down because it's discourteous.

But you can lie about me all you want, because you have free speech.

Libertarians: A double standard for everything.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #72 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 7:26am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 10:17pm:
Libertarians: A double standard for everything.

kaz:  A double standard for nothing

You keep repeating that mindless drone phrase.  But for me at least, you can't come up with any example because I have a clearly stated standard which I follow

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Do you think any of the stuff you say about me is insulting? You know how you accuse me of wanting to torture animals?

You claim to be a sociopath, torturing animals as a child is an indicator...

No, I'm not sure you did it, but the likelihood seems high. Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 14th, 2019 at 7:26am:
kaz:  A double standard for nothing

You keep repeating that mindless drone phrase.  But for me at least, you can't come up with any example because I have a clearly stated standard which I follow

You have a double standard for whether people should be protected from lawbreakers for free.

If it happens on the roads, tough luck. Should have bought uninsured motorist insurance. If it happens anywhere else, government should punish the criminal.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #75 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 14th, 2019 at 11:02am:
You have a double standard for whether people should be protected from lawbreakers for free.

If it happens on the roads, tough luck. Should have bought uninsured motorist insurance. If it happens anywhere else, government should punish the criminal.

No idea what you're talking about

Hit by uninsured driver:  Government provides police, they will arrest lawbreakers, write up accident report
Criminal breaks into your hose:  Government provides police, they will arrest lawbreakers

Ht by uninsured driver:  If you uninsured motorist insurance to cover the damage, Insurance will pay per your agreement
Criminal breaks :  If you homeowners insurance to cover the damage and stolen property, Insurance will pay per your agreement

Both cases, you can sue the person who caused the damage in civil court for your money back (if they have money).

If you don't buy insurance (either way), taxpayers don't pay for your losses, they only fund law enforcement.

Explain what the hell you're talking about that's different.  How is it different?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 14th, 2019 at 5:25pm:
No idea what you're talking about

Hit by uninsured driver:  Government provides police, they will arrest lawbreakers, write up accident report
Criminal breaks into your hose:  Government provides police, they will arrest lawbreakers

Ht by uninsured driver:  If you uninsured motorist insurance to cover the damage, Insurance will pay per your agreement
Criminal breaks :  If you homeowners insurance to cover the damage and stolen property, Insurance will pay per your agreement

Both cases, you can sue the person who caused the damage in civil court for your money back (if they have money).

If you don't buy insurance (either way), taxpayers don't pay for your losses, they only fund law enforcement.

Explain what the hell you're talking about that's different.  How is it different?

If criminals break into my house, they (hopefully) go to jail.

If an uninsured driver hits me, they fine him, which he won't pay, and they'll void his driver's license, which he doesn't care about and just keeps driving anyway. In a few states you can go to jail, but in most you can't.

https://www.insure.com/car-insurance/penalties-for-driving-without-insurance.htm...

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 6:46am
Print Post  
My graphic is completely true, so you'll shut it down because it's discourteous.

No, it's insulting because it is a lie. It lies about libertarians in general.

One instance of the lie your graphic tells is that things libertarians want government to do are not "programs".

A rule of law and means to enforce it equally is not a "program", it's an obligation of limited government aimed at protecting everyone's lives and rights.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #78 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:02am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 14th, 2019 at 9:04pm:
If criminals break into my house, they (hopefully) go to jail.

If an uninsured driver hits me, they fine him, which he won't pay, and they'll void his driver's license, which he doesn't care about and just keeps driving anyway. In a few states you can go to jail, but in most you can't.

https://www.insure.com/car-insurance/penalties-for-driving-without-insurance.htm...

OK, so now you're arguing I think that breaking into a house is a more serious crime than getting in a car accident without insurance.  Um ... yes ... it is.

That's why I'm inconsistent?  I put crimes on a scale and say wow, murder is more serious than breaking into a house and stealing is more serious than driving without insurance is more serious than jaywalking.

Wow, that's true.  Some crimes are more serious than others.  And that's why I'm inconsistent?  Seriously?

And again, in both cases, you can sue in civil court for damages.  You will win.  The only question is if they have money for you to collect or not.  No difference

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:02am:
OK, so now you're arguing I think that breaking into a house is a more serious crime than getting in a car accident without insurance.  Um ... yes ... it is.

No, I'm just stating that you don't think people should be forced to insure themselves in case they break into somebody's house.

You do think I should be forced to insure myself in case I slam my car into someone else's car.

The Opposition wrote on Feb 14th, 2019 at 11:02am:

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Mousetraps Work because . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy