Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rules and Enforcement
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rules and Enforcement (Read 429 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rules and Enforcement
Reply #20 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 3:04pm:
Hey, Opposition.  I was looking for the post where you said you don't know what the term burns red has to do with politics and couldn't find it.

Anyway, I did notice you spell with an extra "u" and were part of the British empire somewhere, but I didn't realize you didn't get red and blue.  Red and Blue mean Republican and Democrat in the US.  Just the color refers to the party, you see that all the time. 

For example, if you said two guys had a red and a blue tie, Americans would get right way you're talking about a Republican and a Democrat.

So "burns red" means a passionate Republican.  So when burnsred joined the board, he knew exactly what he was saying.  Then he realized he could troll a libertarian board by just being a butt head about taxes, so he keeps changing his user name.

When I brought it up over his lame he's an anarchist crap, he did a quick internet search for anything "burns red" and found some esoteric reference to an Indian character.  So now he's "little big man" as a lame attempt to corroborate his lame story that he doesn't get burns red

I just don't think the only thing the colour red can refer to is a Republican.

Why not insist he's a communist? If you get to dictate what peoples' screen names mean (and I don't dispute that you do), pick the more objectionable thing.

Accusing someone of being a Republican is a little like accusing someone of being an NRA member. Many people on this site are former Republicans.

He did say that one thing about land ownership necessitating government in some form to legitimise the title.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #21 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:31pm:

Why not insist he's a communist? If you get to dictate what peoples' screen names mean (and I don't dispute that you do), pick the more objectionable thing.

Accusing someone of being a Republican is a little like accusing someone of being an NRA member. Many people on this site are former Republicans.

He did say that one thing about land ownership necessitating government in some form to legitimise the title.

Red being Marxist is historical, at least in the US.  Now Marxists are blue.

And this is a political message board.  You ask 9 Americans what "burns red" means and 10 of them will tell you it's a Trump supporter

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:31pm:

Kaz knows that.  My link to the IMDB page about the movie, "Little Big Man" clearly listed the character, "Burns Red in the Sun," called "Burnsred" by the lead character.

Kaz greatly prefers to argue the meaning of my name since there he always gets tripped up so easily when he tries to argue his version of libertarianism.

I have mentioned several times that I used to be Republican.  I still reluctantly admit to Jeff that the Republican party is marginally more ethical than the Democratic party.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #23 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:49pm:
Kaz knows that.  My link to the IMDB page about the movie, "Little Big Man" clearly listed the character, "Burns Red in the Sun," called "Burnsred" by the lead character.

Kaz greatly prefers to argue the meaning of my name since there he always gets tripped up so easily when he tries to argue his version of libertarianism.

I have mentioned several times that I used to be Republican.  I still reluctantly admit to Jeff that the Republican party is marginally more ethical than the Democratic party.

What does "burnsred mean?"

Typical American:  Oh, oh, oh, you know, burns red in the sun!  You know, that character from the book!  I got it!

Yeah ...

You're such a terrible liar

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:38pm:
Red being Marxist is historical, at least in the US.  Now Marxists are blue.

And this is a political message board.  You ask 9 Americans what "burns red" means and 10 of them will tell you it's a Trump supporter

They even used to call communists "reds" but to my knowledge, Republicans have never been called that.

The usual naming convention to include red as a label for a republican or conservative is to describe something as red, before the object, as a descriptor. For example, a YouTuber is named, "The Red Elephant".

Here's what the Urban Dictionary says about Trump supporters. Not one mention of the colour red, except the term redneck.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trump%20Supporter

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #25 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:56pm:
They even used to call communists "reds" but to my knowledge, Republicans have never been called that.

The usual naming convention to include red as a label for a republican or conservative is to describe something as red, before the object, as a descriptor. For example, a YouTuber is named, "The Red Elephant".

Here's what the Urban Dictionary says about Trump supporters. Not one mention of the colour red, except the term redneck.

No, they don't call Republicans reds, they call them red.  But I never said anything about reds and neither did burns "red."

If that isn't a thing from where you're from, that's fine.  But burnsred and I are Americans and burnsred means a Trump supporter here unambiguously.  What it means in Canada doesn't really matter in this context

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 5:57pm:
No, they don't call Republicans reds, they call them red.  But I never said anything about reds and neither did burns "red."

If that isn't a thing from where you're from, that's fine.  But burnsred and I are Americans and burnsred means a Trump supporter here unambiguously.  What it means in Canada doesn't really matter in this context

If it really means that to so many people, why has no one added it to the Urban Dictionary?

There's no entry on Burns Red, and this is what comes up for red:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Red

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 3:06pm:
You said it would be better, both more just and more moral, to have a known preexisting punishment for every infraction.

If you think that is feasible, tell me what the preexisting known punishment should have been that would apply to my scenario. Thanks.
Well lizard! Answer the question.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 6:37pm
Print Post  

Isn't it common in "progressive" circles to claim that Native Americans were communists?

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 6:54pm
Print Post  

A google search of the term "burnsred" showed one link to a site called www.burnsred.com, which an australian software development platform and one apparently sponsored link to Linked that just said, "learn about working at burnsred."

All of the other links on the first ten pages were about a band called August Burns Red. 

So I would have thought accusing me of loving "core metal music" whatever that is would make more sense than accusing me of loving the GOP.

But Kaz would never debate what I really mean so he prefers to assign me a position that he can debate.  Not that he's very good at refuting any GOP position.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rules and Enforcement
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy