Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Compromises will We Make with Islam?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Compromises will We Make with Islam? (Read 445 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

What Compromises will We Make with Islam?
Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:58am
Print Post  
We have a Muslim congresswoman from Minnesota making a splash with rhetoric that most Americans would consider pretty radical and inflammatory, but which is actually fairly standard for that religious/political international movement.

If a congressional district elected an outspoken Muslim that district must have a large population of Muslims who are not the kind of "aspiring Americans" that we often believe immigrants are.  Some of them are second, third or more generations American and still not assimilated in that they view America as the satanic enemy of Allah.

But, damned if they don't have a vote just as valid as any good ol' Baptist from East Texas.  So what will they get for their votes?

Particularly, how will this affect public schools?  If local communities are mainly devout Muslims, what kind of dress codes will they expect their elected school board to set?  Will there be arrows painted on public school floors pointing east to facilitate the five-times-daily prayer requirement?  How will those schools serve transgender students?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: What Compromises will We Make with Islam?
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 8:25am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:58am:
We have a Muslim congresswoman from Minnesota making a splash with rhetoric that most Americans would consider pretty radical and inflammatory, but which is actually fairly standard for that religious/political international movement.

If a congressional district elected an outspoken Muslim that district must have a large population of Muslims who are not the kind of "aspiring Americans" that we often believe immigrants are.  Some of them are second, third or more generations American and still not assimilated in that they view America as the satanic enemy of Allah.

But, damned if they don't have a vote just as valid as any good ol' Baptist from East Texas.  So what will they get for their votes?

Particularly, how will this affect public schools?  If local communities are mainly devout Muslims, what kind of dress codes will they expect their elected school board to set?  Will there be arrows painted on public school floors pointing east to facilitate the five-times-daily prayer requirement?  How will those schools serve transgender students?

Let's eliminate government schools and the Muslims can start their own schools with whatever dress code they want

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:24am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 8:25am:
Let's eliminate government schools and the Muslims can start their own schools with whatever dress code they want

Abso-crappity smacking-lutely correct.

But as long as we have taxes, we will have "needed services" such as public schools and people won't be able to afford to pay for both public schools for "everyone" and private schools for their kids.

So the Muslims will pay their taxes and use their block-voting to turn public schools into madrasas for their childrens' instruction.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:24am:
Abso-crappity smacking-lutely correct.

But as long as we have taxes, we will have "needed services" such as public schools and people won't be able to afford to pay for both public schools for "everyone" and private schools for their kids.

So the Muslims will pay their taxes and use their block-voting to turn public schools into madrasas for their childrens' instruction.

Of course you will.  Since we won't have a military or police and you won't have roads, they will conquer you and force us all to wear Muslim garb or Chinese or whatever.

Burnsred:  I'm against taxes because taxes are taxes and force is taxes are force and I want to take a taxi ...

How to troll a libertarian message board.  Turn every thread into how you're an anarchist and troll anyone who believes in any government at all

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:45am:
Of course you will.  Since we won't have a military or police and you won't have roads, they will conquer you and force us all to wear Muslim garb or Chinese or whatever.

It would be very difficult for Muslims or Chinese or whoever your current bogeyman is to conquer a nation of free and well-armed individuals.  It would not even be worth it for them to try.

Quote:
Burnsred:  I'm against taxes because taxes are taxes and force is taxes are force and I want to take a taxi ...

How to troll a libertarian message board.  Turn every thread into h]ow you're an anarchist and troll anyone who believes in any government at all

On the other hand, in a system in which a basic right like property is subordinated to the will of the collective as expressed through voting, then of course people will vote to have their own desires met with the taxes collected.  Since the vote of a person who wants his community school to teach Islam counts just as much as the vote of a person who wants public schools to stay out of religion, there will have to be a compromise.

When good compromises with evil, the result is never good.  The result is always the desires of the evil people diluted to some degree, large or small, by the votes of the good people.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 9:54am:
It would be very difficult for Muslims or Chinese or whoever your current bogeyman is to conquer a nation of free and well-armed individuals.  It would not even be worth it for them to try

Chinese General:  Damn, I respect those Americans.  They're so determined to stop our invasion, they will fight us to the death, face to face, gun to gun, tooth to nail.

Chinese military adviser:  Wow, that sounds messy.  Let's kill them with bombs instead

Chinese General:  Oh, good idea.  Let's do that.

Sorry burnsred, what century military are you in still?  How long have you been trolling?  Wow

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:22am
Print Post  
The same compromises that are made with Christians or Jews or any other religion should also be made for Muslims. No more, no less. Smiley

And since our law is secular by Constitutional mandate, everyone in America should have it applied equally to them.

You would do as well to ask "What compromises should we make with white men?" Or, "Should special privileges be granted to the Elks Club?"

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:22am:
The same compromises that are made with Christians or Jews or any other religion should also be made for Muslims. No more, no less. Smiley

Sure, that's what should happen.  What will happen is the question.

Quote:
And since our law is secular by Constitutional mandate, everyone in America should have it applied equally to them.

"Our law is secular."  Once again, you force me to dig out my pocket-sized constitution to search for a phrase I never knew was there.  What article and section is that in?

Quote:
You would do as well to ask "What compromises should we make with white men?" Or, "Should special privileges be granted to the Elks Club?"

I asked nothing about "should"  Should has nothing to do with the brute force of numbers determining how money taken through the brute force of taxation will be spent.

You can guarantee me that in a community of ninety percent Muslims, the local public schools will do nothing to promote Islam?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Last November, my little beach town proposed building a Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity Museum on city-owned property across the street from the Public Library.  The project was to cost $1.8 Million, which means the actual cost would likely go over $2 Million, because nothing gets done on time and within the budget.

Via letters in the Op-Ed section of the local newspaper, voters became aware of what the project was really intended to be - an Islamic propaganda center to get people to accept Islamic law.

Nice try.  Voters read between the lines and soundly defeated the measure.  *phew*

We dodged a bullet - this time.

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
Last November, my little beach town proposed building a Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity Museum on city-owned property across the street from the Public Library.  The project was to cost $1.8 Million, which means the actual cost would likely go over $2 Million, because nothing gets done on time and within the budget.

Via letters in the Op-Ed section of the local newspaper, voters became aware of what the project was really intended to be - an Islamic propaganda center to get people to accept Islamic law.

Nice try.  Voters  read between the lines and soundly defeated the measure.  *phew*

We dodged a bullet - this time.

Yes, because it was voted on as a stand-alone project.  We really need more of that.

Shrink the federal government to the bare-bones the framers supposedly envisioned and let local taxpayers vote on how their own money is spent.   

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Compromises will We Make with Islam?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy