Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › When Democrats Can be Rightfully Morally Outraged . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) When Democrats Can be Rightfully Morally Outraged . . . (Read 255 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

When Democrats Can be Rightfully Morally Outraged . . .
Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
. . . you know there is real moral outrage taking place.  These are people who gleefully support people caught bragging about selling baby parts in order to purchase luxury automobiles.  But, now they have an issue that they can claim the moral high ground on.  Trump's family separation policy.

Washington (CNN)The Department of Health and Human Services received more than 4,500 complaints of sexual abuse against unaccompanied minors from 2014-2018, according to internal agency documents released Tuesday by Florida Democratic Rep. Ted Deutch.

In addition,1,303 complaints were reported to the Justice Department during that same time frame, according to the documents.

Deutch addressed the documents during a high-profile House hearing Tuesday on the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy that resulted in thousands of immigrant children being separated from their parents.

Of course the sexual abuse isn't just about the family separation.  Anytime children are for any reason placed in the hands of government they are literally treated the way adult taxpayers are figuratively done all the time. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: When Democrats Can be Rightfully Morally Outraged . . .
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 6:58pm:
. . . you know there is real moral outrage taking place.  These are people who gleefully support people caught bragging about selling baby parts in order to purchase luxury automobiles.  But, now they have an issue that they can claim the moral high ground on.  Trump's family separation policy.

Washington (CNN)The Department of Health and Human Services received more than 4,500 complaints of sexual abuse against unaccompanied minors from 2014-2018, according to internal agency documents released Tuesday by Florida Democratic Rep. Ted Deutch.

In addition,1,303 complaints were reported to the Justice Department during that same time frame, according to the documents.

Deutch addressed the documents during a high-profile House hearing Tuesday on the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy that resulted in thousands of immigrant children being separated from their parents.

Of course the sexual abuse isn't just about the family separation.  Anytime children are for any reason placed in the hands of government they are literally treated the way adult taxpayers are figuratively done all the time. 

Wow, you're more drunk than Jeff ...

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Democrats do have the moral high ground on this one. Trump's family separation policy is aggression.

And I hope you're not suggesting people don't have a right to support whoever and whatever they want, as long as they don't commit aggression themselves.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:58am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:17pm:
Democrats do have the moral high ground on this one. Trump's family separation policy is aggression.

And I hope you're not suggesting people don't have a right to support whoever and whatever they want, as long as they don't commit aggression themselves.
Why isn't breaking immigration laws aggression? Could dragging children across Mexico and across the desert in the American Southwest be considered aggression against the children? Maybe even a "moral outrage"?

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:58am:
Why isn't breaking immigration laws aggression?

Freely traveling as aggression?   Interesting concept with no simple answer.  But it is more than simple to point out that both parties have long encouraged Latin American laborers to break immigration laws. 

Quote:
Could dragging children across Mexico and across the desert in the American Southwest be considered aggression against the children? Maybe even a "moral outrage"?

Sure it "could" "be considered," aggression against children to take them on a dangerous journey seeking economic betterment.  Would you apply the same to the pilgrims who settled the American East and the pioneers who settled the American West? 

Were the parents in the Donner Party guilty of aggression against their children?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:38am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 9:17pm:

Just on the face of it, how do they have the moral high ground when they supported the same policy under Obama?

Slave and sex traffickers certainly like the Democrat's policies on not separating their cargo from them.  I mean you can just look at kids and tell who their parents are, right?

It's funny how libertarian's solutions are more like Republicans than Democrats, but libertarian attitudes are elitist like Democrats over Republicans.

Riddle me this, batman.  Name another crime you can commit where you WON'T be separated from your kids ...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:29am:
Freely traveling as aggression?

Illegally crossing borders is freely traveling?

But it is more than simple to point out that both parties have long encouraged Latin American laborers to break immigration laws

And therefore ...  This is just an idiotic Democrat talking point.  We want border security.  What insight do we gain from this mindless platitude?  We can't change policy now?  We can't want security?  This is a great argument for the other side of who you are arguing for. Yes, we need security, we haven't had it

Sure it "could" "be considered," aggression against children to take them on a dangerous journey seeking economic betterment.  Would you apply the same to the pilgrims who settled the American East and the pioneers who settled the American West? 

Were the parents in the Donner Party guilty of aggression against their children?

Now you're just back in pure trolling

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 9:44am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:38am:
Just on the face of it, how do they have the moral high ground when they supported the same policy under Obama?

Because they don't support it now.

Quote:
Slave and sex traffickers certainly like the Democrat's policies on not separating their cargo from them.  I mean you can just look at kids and tell who their parents are, right?

It's funny how libertarian's solutions are more like Republicans than Democrats, but libertarian attitudes are elitist like Democrats over Republicans.

Riddle me this, batman.  Name another crime you can commit where you WON'T be separated from your kids ...

[/quote]

Any crime for which you can be sent to jail or prison involves family separation as a side effect.  Trump has announced that he considers separating families to be an intentional punishment.  He believes children should be punished for the actions of their parents by being placed in the hands of rapists as a way to show that he is tough on illegal immigration. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 9:55am
Print Post  

Because they're right. It's not some moral standard that you have to speak out against something wrong every time. You're still right when you do it.

I name all of the victimless crimes. I'm crossing out won't and adding shouldn't. The Democrats focus where they can win. That's good, not bad.

Rothbard would add all of the violent crimes as well, since he thinks imprisoning anyone is aggression, and that reparation should be extracted instead. If you want practical, that's a no-go, obviously, since poor people then have a golden ticket to commit unlimited crime, consequence-free.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 9:44am:
Because they don't support it now.

Typical Democrat talking point

Little Big Man wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 9:44am:
Any crime for which you can be sent to jail or prison involves family separation as a side effect.  Trump has announced that he considers separating families to be an intentional punishment.  He believes children should be punished for the actions of their parents by being placed in the hands of rapists as a way to show that he is tough on illegal immigration. 

Typical fake news lie.  Trump has repeatedly said what I did, that slave and sex traffickers are taking children and they need to identify who their real parents are.

You're starting to revert back to the Democrat that you are in real life

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › When Democrats Can be Rightfully Morally Outraged . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy