Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How do libertarians stop the resource curse
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) How do libertarians stop the resource curse (Read 136 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

How do libertarians stop the resource curse
Mar 10th, 2019 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
The resource curse is when imperialist pigs or crony capitalists or whatever you want to call them go to a third world nation we're developing Nation or do you want to call it exploit the resources of that country and I only pay off corrupt officials even the people should  have benefit from the  resources

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: How do libertarians stop the resource curse
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
The resource curse is when imperialist pigs or crony capitalists or whatever you want to call them go to a third world nation we're developing Nation or do you want to call it exploit the resources of that country and I only pay off corrupt officials even the people should  have benefit from the  resources

therm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahaha therm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahahatherm:  why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side!!!  Hahaha

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
In those "developing nations" the governments claim to own all the resources, so the are "pre-stolen" and the people of those countries are already being exploited by their own governments, which is a big reason they have been "developing countries" for generations, a lack of individual property rights.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 2:04pm:
In those "developing nations" the governments claim to own all the resources, so the are "pre-stolen" and the people of those countries are already being exploited by their own governments, which is a big reason they have been "developing countries" for generations, a lack of individual property rights.

i agree with you

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 4:04pm:
i agree with you

A great book on the subject:

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Capital-Capitalism-Triumphs-Everywhere/dp/0465016...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 4:53pm:
It's a mystery?

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:31pm
Print Post  

kaz wrote yesterday at 4:53pm:

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Capital-Capitalism-Triumphs-Everywhere/dp/0465016....

Jeff wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:32pm:
It's a mystery?

Sure, you'll love it!

It's "Clue" as if it were written by Mises. 

*SPOILER ALERT* 

The butler did it!  ("It" being learned a new trade in response to smart house technology)

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:31pm:
kaz wrote yesterday at 4:53pm:

https://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Capital-Capitalism-Triumphs-Everywhere/dp/0465016....

Sure, you'll love it!

It's "Clue" as if it were written by Mises. 

*SPOILER ALERT* 

The butler did it!  ("It" being learned a new trade in response to smart house technology)

The mystery is with you and Jeff, which of you is dumb and which is dumber?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:33am:
The mystery is with you and Jeff, which of you is dumb and which is dumber?
I'm just ignorant on this topic. How is it that it is a mystery?

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 6:45am
Print Post  
I totally agree.

It bothers me though.

However, it's not as bad as you think.

Most such countries are doing well and get better government now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How do libertarians stop the resource curse
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy