Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Will Trump win re-election?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Will Trump win re-election? (Read 215 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Will Trump win re-election?
Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 1:35pm:
Fair point.   Also, the field (of 22 contenders) will likely double by the time caucuses come. 
I think people are looking for policy ideas and plans to get government back under control.

I thank Ocasio for her role in getting people thinking about policy proposals and an out of control government. Kiss

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
I think people are looking for policy ideas and plans to get government back under control.
I think the evidence does not favor this notion.  Most folks don't really care that much about policy nearly as much as they care about their perceived in group.  That's why Trumps policy that are not all that different from his predecessors have been vilified, at times using photos and videos taken under previous administrations.
Quote:
I thank Ocasio for her role in getting people thinking about policy proposals and an out of control government. Kiss

I do agree with that.  She actually does talk about policy which is pretty refreshing, too bad its all bad policy that could only be endorsed by college students and particularly naive bartenders.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:10pm:
I think the evidence does not favor this notion.  Most folks don't really care that much about policy nearly as much as they care about their perceived in group.
You have your theory, I have mine.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I do agree with that.  She actually does talk about policy which is pretty refreshing, too bad its all bad policy that could only be endorsed by college students and particularly naive bartenders.
If it takes talking about extraordinarily (proven) bad policies that exceed any power ever granted to our federal government that was approved by the people to get people thinking about such things, it's about time.

Ocasio will like the results even less as time goes on, and very few people like her ideas now for very good reasons. Mostly, they aren't totally stupid as Ocasio might believe.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
...college students and particularly naive bartenders.
You dare to insult bartenders?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:14pm:
You have your theory, I have mine.

Like I said, I think the evidence supports mine. If people cared about policy they would have cared about Obama's detaining illegals at the border as much as they care about Trump doing it.  Or they would have cared about Obama's dubious wars as much as they cared about Bushes dubious wars.  Or they would have cared about bush's deficit, or Trump's deficit...... If they cared about policy they would have excoriated Clinton or Obama for being gay haters.  They wouldn't have changed their minds about Russia/Putin or Comey based soley on who they appeared to support. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:25pm:
Like I said, I think the evidence supports mine. If people cared about policy they would have cared about Obama's detaining illegals at the border as much as they care about Trump doing it.
Times are changing. Haven't you noticed?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
If they cared about policy they would have excoriated Clinton or Obama for being gay haters.
You're out of touch. Only a few radical extremists hate gays these days...

Say, has anybody asked our new Muslim Representatives how they feel about sodomy and adultery and incest and homosexuality?

Somebody should, don't you think? Edit: Just to be fair.

Anyway, what makes you think Barry hated gays?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 9:54am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 10:56am:
I'm not sure its ironic.  Any industry that had a duopoly would find itself in that position.

I wouldn't say Coke and Pepsi are like that.  Can you give me some examples?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Like I said, I think the evidence supports mine. If people cared about policy they would have cared about Obama's detaining illegals at the border as much as they care about Trump doing it.  Or they would have cared about Obama's dubious wars as much as they cared about Bushes dubious wars.  Or they would have cared about bush's deficit, or Trump's deficit...... If they cared about policy they would have excoriated Clinton or Obama for being gay haters.  They wouldn't have changed their minds about Russia/Putin or Comey based soley on who they appeared to support. 

And wow, what a huge example of this with Lisa Page admitting the FBI was ordered to stand down in the Clinton e-mail investigation.  The Democrats and fake news heads would be exploding if it were reversed

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Will Trump win re-election?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy