Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › During the "IRS Targetting Scandal." Republicans . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic During the "IRS Targetting Scandal." Republicans . . . (Read 71 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

During the "IRS Targetting Scandal." Republicans . . .
Mar 11th, 2019 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
. . . excoriated the IRS.  They said, "People fear the IRS.  They are afraid that one missing page of one document will mean prison and financial ruin.  A call, email, or letter from the IRS strikes fear in the average citizen.  Yet, you tell us here that . . . "

That was when Obama and the Dem were in power.  After two year of the GOP being in power, what did they do about curbing IRS abuses?

Not rhetorical. 

I'm asking all the Republicans here.  What did they do?

Kaz?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: During the "IRS Targetting Scandal." Republicans . . .
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 10:42pm:
. . . excoriated the IRS.  They said, "People fear the IRS.  They are afraid that one missing page of one document will mean prison and financial ruin.  A call, email, or letter from the IRS strikes fear in the average citizen.  Yet, you tell us here that . . . "

That was when Obama and the Dem were in power.  After two year of the GOP being in power, what did they do about curbing IRS abuses?

Not rhetorical. 

I'm asking all the Republicans here.  What did they do?

Kaz?

As I always say, the Democrats are malignantly evil, the Republicans are completely useless and pathetic. In their typical style, the Republicans have done nothing about any of it.  Just like they did nothing about runaway deficits, just like they did nothing about free market healthcare reform, just like they did nothing about serious immigration reform, just like they do about everything they complain about.  The Republicans did zero

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: During the "IRS Targetting Scandal." Republicans . . .
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 9:36am:
The Republicans did zero
To be fair, they postured a lot!

The people in Congress who had to run as Republicans to get elected actually did try to make a difference, but "libertarian leaning" Republicans are not welcome in Congress right now. They haven't been since the Goldwater Wing was purged. Cry

Edit: I have an idea that Barry Goldwater had more native blood than does Elizabeth Warren!

I could be wrong. Don't ask for proof...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › During the "IRS Targetting Scandal." Republicans . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy