Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › We tried voluntary taxes, Chief
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) We tried voluntary taxes, Chief (Read 594 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

We tried voluntary taxes, Chief
Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:44am
Print Post  

And it failed.  The Confederacy (US pre-Constitution, not Civil War South) allowed all the voluntary taxes the government could collect, and it clearly couldn't protect the people.

So they wrote a Constitution that allowed them to collect taxes and limited the Federal government to primarily defense.  Which is what I keep arguing for.

This ridiculous notion you have we don't need a military is idiotic.  Which is probably why you just keep saying no taxes and not addressing how we defend ourselves.

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Re: We tried voluntary taxes, Chief
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:54am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:44am:
And it failed.  The Confederacy (US pre-Constitution, not Civil War South) allowed all the voluntary taxes the government could collect, and it clearly couldn't protect the people.

From whom?

Who was invading or poised to invade and what is your evidence the states could not protect themselves?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:54am:
From whom?

Who was invading or poised to invade and what is your evidence the states could not protect themselves?

You really don't know, do you?  Pathetic.  I have no interest in explaining US history to you, professor.  Read a book.

Our poor children with your dearth of historical knowledge teaching them in government schools

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 11:36am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 8:44am:
  We tried voluntary taxes, Chief.
And it failed. 

Of course it did.   All taxes end with failure (eventually). 

Because when government is granted the power to do things, it's a sure thing that the limitations on that power will be ignored.

I challenge anyone to name a time in history when a power granted to (a) government did NOT result in a loss of freedom or liberty.

Here is the dumbest grant of government power in the history of the United States of America:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

It's mind-bogglingly stupid.   And it never got repealed.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 11:36am:

Because when government is granted the power to do things, it's a sure thing that the limitations on that power will be ignored.

I challenge anyone to name a time in history when a power granted to (a) government did NOT result in a loss of freedom or liberty.

Here is the dumbest grant of government power in the history of the United States of America:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Stupider yet is acting surprised that an organization granted power to steal by the very people it will steal from grew into a behemoth instead of somehow being “limited.”

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 11:36am:

OK, so the problem was that they had voluntary taxes no one paid.  If they had just not asked for voluntary taxes the British wouldn't have kept conscripting Americans into the British Navy and they wouldn't have invaded us.  The French and their Indian allies would have found love with us.  The Spanish wouldn't have cared.  We'd have been fine. 

Gotcha.

Explains why Burnsred is offering to be your fvck buddy, doesn't it?  So that works for you?  Burnsred being your fvck buddy?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2019 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Gotcha.
In your wettest dream.

kaz wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
Explains why Burnsred is offering to be your fvck buddy, doesn't it?  So that works for you?  Burnsred being your fvck buddy?

Burns is not a big fan of taxation.     Neither am I.    No (real) libertarians are.

fvck buddies?  No.

I have stated many times on this forum that as a minarchist, I will tolerate some forms of taxation.

Taxing incomes is oppressive and Marxist, and should not ever be tolerated in any civilized society.

That's MY position.  I'll let burns present his own views on taxation.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 9:09am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 11th, 2019 at 10:08pm:
In your wettest dream.

Burns is not a big fan of taxation.     Neither am I.    No (real) libertarians are.

fvck buddies?  No.

I have stated many times on this forum that as a minarchist, I will tolerate some forms of taxation.

Taxing incomes is oppressive and Marxist, and should not ever be tolerated in any civilized society.

That's MY position.  I'll let burns present his own views on taxation.

Burnsred has been making loving eyes to you all over the thread. 

1) I'm a small government libertarian who hates government.  I'd love to be an anarchist, but I won't do it as long as I see it in reality reducing my liberty rather than increasing it.  But you say ridiculous arguments like the problem is we asked for a tax no one paid and we shouldn't ask for any taxes, then everyone will leave us alone and be free.  It's no wonder anarchists get zero traction with anyone

2) A fake anarchist is cooing at you.  And burnsred is a TERRIBLE fake anarchist.

So you respond to someone playing you and trolling the board because as disingenuous as he is, he says what you want to hear.  That while you tell me, who genuinely hates government with a passion you can't imagine not to take you seriously.

You see anything wrong with that dynamic?

Anyone who's spent their career in management and management consulting and owned as many businesses as I have is going to learn to truly loathe government.

But fvcking myself to screw government isn't my plan.  Libertarian is about life, not the after life

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 9:36am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 9:09am:
Burnsred has been making loving eyes to you all over the thread. 

1) I'm a small government libertarian who hates government.  I'd love to be an anarchist, but I won't do it as long as I see it in reality reducing my liberty rather than increasing it.  But you say ridiculous arguments like the problem is we asked for a tax no one paid and we shouldn't ask for any taxes, then everyone will leave us alone and be free.  It's no wonder anarchists get zero traction with anyone

2) A fake anarchist is cooing at you.  And burnsred is a TERRIBLE fake anarchist.

So you respond to someone playing you and trolling the board because as disingenuous as he is, he says what you want to hear.  That while you tell me, who genuinely hates government with a passion you can't imagine not to take you seriously.

You see anything wrong with that dynamic?

Anyone who's spent their career in management and management consulting and owned as many businesses as I have is going to learn to truly loathe government.

But fvcking myself to screw government isn't my plan.  Libertarian is about life, not the after life

Just out of curiosity, Kaz, between these lengthy posts analyzing my posts and creating and posting as “Little Biq Man,” how much of your day do you spend obsessing over me?

It seem to be a significant part of your waking hours. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 9:36am:
Just out of curiosity, Kaz, between these lengthy posts analyzing my posts and creating and posting as “Little Biq Man,” how much of your day do you spend obsessing over me?

It seem to be a significant part of your waking hours. 

That post was analyzing Chief's arguments, not yours.  You're stupid as shit, professor.

I just call you a troll.  Which is prima facie observable.  No analysis or rumination required.  Just observe the obvious.

You make extreme comments to get a reaction.  You troll.  Watch the video, it demonstrates what you do

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › We tried voluntary taxes, Chief
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy