Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Relocating Undocumented Immigrants To Sanctuary Cities
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Relocating Undocumented Immigrants To Sanctuary Cities (Read 146 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Relocating Undocumented Immigrants To Sanctuary Cities
Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Good idea or not?

I say yes, because they will be better cared for in Sanctuary Cities.

Also, there will be more employment opportunities for the immigrants because labor laws which prohibit hiring illegals are mostly ignored in Sanctuary cities.

Further, when ICE conducts raids, warnings go out before the actual raid so the illegals can "lay low" and evade capture by ICE agents.

This was done a year ago in San Francisco and it proved to be quite effective in thwarting ICE operations.

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf got word of an impending Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid in the Bay Area, so she tweeted a warning to help potential targets of the operation evade capture:

"I know that Oakland is a city of law-abiding immigrants and families who deserve to live free from the constant threat of arrest and deportation.  I believe it is my duty and moral obligation as mayor to give those families fair warning when that threat appears imminent."

Attorney General Jeff Session was absolutely furious:

"So here’s my message to Mayor Schaaf: How dare you? How dare you needlessly endanger the lives of law enforcement just to promote a radical open borders agenda?"

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ice-says-oakland-mayors-warning-to-illegal-im...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Relocating Undocumented Immigrants To Sanctuary Cities
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 12:03am
Print Post  
I say no, because that would be force. Against the immigrants, and against those paying for the relocation.

(Do not read the following if you're going to insult me for taking the wrong position. This is not a position. This is commentary only.)

Isn't it always interesting that half the population is always demanding integration - they want to live close to the other half - and the other half is always begging for separation.

These are key deer infested with screw worm fly larvae. It goes without saying that the deer desire separation and the larvae want to live together with the deer.

Libertarians believe that no parasitism is possible without aggression. Obviously [if you assumed both had rights] the larvae aggress upon the deer because they eat its body - its property - alive.

But there can be no wrong unless it is a wrong against property. If six violent felons move into a previously perfectly safe neighbourhood and make it a bad place to live, there is no wrong there unless they actually aggress.

Nevertheless, the violent felons will desire to live together with the peaceful neighbourhood people, and the peaceful neighbourhood people will desire separation.

If I wasn't putting being libertarian above all else, I would probably consider this a critical acid-test for some form of parasitism: Who desires to live together and who desires separation?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:08am
Print Post  
It's a great idea.  They say illegal aliens are great for their economies and reduce crime, it's win-win

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 11:07am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:08am:
It's a great idea.  They say illegal aliens are great for their economies and reduce crime, it's win-win

Unfortunately, that would be force against the magnanimous immigrants, who are so selfless (in addition to being great for their economies) that they want to live together with as many of the host- *cough* I mean ignorant, racist population as possible.

They must want to educate and improve the filthy white scum, and do this at the expense of reaping the benefits of safety and prosperity they produce for themselves. They willingly sacrifice their own wellbeing to help others who generally dislike them.

They're basically literal angels. While it's their right to live wherever they want to, we really don't deserve them.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 11:36am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:08am:

Smiley    Smiley

The Opposition wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 12:03am:
I say no, because that would be force. Against the immigrants, and against those paying for the relocation.

Of course, the best solution is Guest Visas.  Then the migrants can live wherever the eff they want, and they cannot possibly be a burden on US taxpayers.

There is a condition on the Guest Visa application which stipulates that Guests will not be granted any public welfare.  Period.

If any Guest needs assistance, they shall apply to the Guest Visa Assistance Board which will assess the merit of each claim, and provide assistance to those who qualify.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 11:04am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 12th, 2019 at 11:15pm:
Good idea or not?
]
I don't know but its a funny idea. 

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 11:04am:
I don't know but its a funny idea. 
It IS funny.   

Sanctuary city advocates claim that illegals make their cities safer, and are a boost to the economy.

They should be thrilled!     Oddly, they're not.    

In fact, this morning,  House Democrats formally launched an investigation into the Trump's plan to send undocumented immigrants to sanctuary cities!!

Hmmmm. . . .   something very fishy, here.     Huh 

What are those sneaky snakes up to?   Grin    Grin    Grin

"Don't even THINK of dumping those immigrants in MY neighborhood!"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
It IS funny.   

Sanctuary city advocates claim that illegals make their cities safer, and are a boost to the economy.

They should be thrilled!     Oddly, they're not.    

They're so selfless that they're positively appalled at taking all that benefit for themselves.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:24am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 12:03am:

(Do not read the following if you're going to insult me for taking the wrong position. This is not a position. This is commentary only.)

Isn't it always interesting that half the population is always demanding integration - they want to live close to the other half - and the other half is always begging for separation.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2zxqhhc.jpg

These are key deer infested with screw worm fly larvae. It goes without saying that the deer desire separation and the larvae want to live together with the deer.

Libertarians believe that no parasitism is possible without aggression. Obviously [if you assumed both had rights] the larvae aggress upon the deer because they eat its body - its property - alive.

But there can be no wrong unless it is a wrong against property. If six violent felons move into a previously perfectly safe neighbourhood and make it a bad place to live, there is no wrong there unless they actually aggress.

Nevertheless, the violent felons will desire to live together with the peaceful neighbourhood people, and the peaceful neighbourhood people will desire separation.

If I wasn't putting being libertarian above all else, I would probably consider this a critical acid-test for some form of parasitism: Who desires to live together and who desires separation?
Your "commentary" seems to equate immigration with with parasitism. That goes far beyond commentary.

I think it's a good idea to send immigrants to places where they are wanted, and sanctuary cities have expressed a strong desire to keep immigrants safe in their cities... Isn't that strong evidence that they want more immigrants? 

Rational discussion about better immigration laws is needed.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Progressives in Sanctuary cities:

Illegal immigrants are welcome!

They make our cities safer!

They improve our schools!

They are the backbone of our economy!

They do the work Americans won't do!

They are diverse!

They are our strength!

They are better Americans!

Trump:   Very well, then we should send all the illegals to sanctuary cities.   Think of it as a "gift".

Progressives in Sanctuary cities:  Like hell you will!   You're under investigation for such a wacko proposal!

LOL.   The left has completely lost their minds.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Relocating Undocumented Immigrants To Sanctuary Cities
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy