Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Day America Died
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Day America Died (Read 234 times)
Tom Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

The Day America Died
Apr 13th, 2019 at 5:53am
Print Post  

Is it fair to say that the last nails have been driven into the coffin of the First Amendment rights to free speech and a free prress?
https://www.theautomaticearth.com/2019/04/the-day-america-died/

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: The Day America Died
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Another Tom spam thread

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
" [The UK is] a banana republic hopelessly stuck in a spaghetti western and it no longer knows the rule of law. It sells people to the highest bidder in a meat market, be they Windrush, refugees from her Majesty’s wars in Libya, or just white and poor English, or Julian Assange.

The UK is a parody on a country, it’s a sordid piece of third rate slapstick. It kills people while trying to maintain the image of being a serious country..."

Ouch. 

But I thought it was Ecuador who kicked Assange out of their embassy.  (?)

The Brits just made the arrest on extradition orders from the US.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:05am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 12:20pm:
" [The UK is] a banana republic hopelessly stuck in a spaghetti western and it no longer knows the rule of law. It sells people to the highest bidder in a meat market, be they Windrush, refugees from her Majesty’s wars in Libya, or just white and poor English, or Julian Assange.

The UK is a parody on a country, it’s a sordid piece of third rate slapstick. It kills people while trying to maintain the image of being a serious country..."

Ouch. 

Yes, the UK died a while ago, but as has been pointed out, Monty Python and The Beatles came to life after the sun set on the British Empire, so all was not lost.

Now, in North America,  the deep state powers-that-be who glorify populist neocons such as warmongering John McCain, and vilify investigative journalists, have won the hearts and minds of most American and Canadians.

Even many of those who claim to be libertarians disregard the First Amendment and support authoritarianism,  like sheep being led to slaughter.

And unfortunately, as with the Soviet Union, things will probably have to get much worse before they can get better, and the only thing "the remnants" can do is try to keep the concept of individual liberty alive to arise from the ashes.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:05am:
Even many of those who claim to be libertarians disregard the First Amendment and support authoritarianism,  like sheep being led to slaughter

Yes, NAP goes out the window for you when it's inconvenient.  When Assange commits aggression and violates NAP, you support him anyway. You're what's called a hypocrite.  I support Assange because who he hacked are political elites who violate my rights all the time, and he exposed them.

I support Assange, no hypocrisy required.  This is EXACTLY why I don't call myself a believer in NAP even though I support it most of the time.  There are scenarios, like this one, I don't.  Rather than trying to have it both ways, I just say up front I am not a believer in NAP, not all the time.  I admit my views up front.  You lie and say you believe in NAP, and you're not going to stop repeating that lie, are you?  Now we know the truth, don't we, Tom?  You believe in NAP ... when it suits you

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:33am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 8:20am:
Yes, NAP goes out the window for you when it's inconvenient.  When Assange commits aggression and violates NAP, you support him anyway. You're what's called a hypocrite.  I support Assange because who he hacked are political elites who violate my rights all the time, and he exposed them.

I support Assange, no hypocrisy required.  This is EXACTLY why I don't call myself a believer in NAP even though I support it most of the time.  There are scenarios, like this one, I don't.  Rather than trying to have it both ways, I just say up front I am not a believer in NAP, not all the time.  I admit my views up front.  You lie and say you believe in NAP, and you're not going to stop repeating that lie, are you?  Now we know the truth, don't we, Tom?  You believe in NAP ... when it suits you

When investigative journalists who are not American citizens publish THE TRUTH, who are they aggressing against?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:33am:
When investigative journalists who are not American citizens publish THE TRUTH, who are they aggressing against?

Seriously?  You need to have it pointed out that hacking someone's servers is aggression?  You're just firmly cementing that NAP is just a word to you, not a belief.

I have no problem with Assange hacking DNC, RNC or other servers of political elites who are lying to us and exposing them for what they are.  But I don't run around like you saying I believe in NAP, then suddenly being fine with someone violating NAP when it serves my interest.

This is a perfect example of why I do NOT call myself a believer in NAP.  I do most of the time, but not always. And I'm honest about that

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:49am:
Seriously?  You need to have it pointed out that hacking someone's servers is aggression?  You're just firmly cementing that NAP is just a word to you, not a belief.

I have no problem with Assange hacking DNC, RNC or other servers of political elites who are lying to us and exposing them for what they are.  But I don't run around like you saying I believe in NAP, then suddenly being fine with someone violating NAP when it serves my interest.

This is a perfect example of why I do NOT call myself a believer in NAP.  I do most of the time, but not always. And I'm honest about that

So what we have here, Tom, is that NAP turns out not to be a standard for anarchists to apply to yourselves, it is a weapon you use to attack anyone who supports the aggression you disagree with.  Aggression you support is OK.

When you support hacking servers, it doesn't even occur to you that's aggression.  You like the result.  So you support it, even though it was aggression.  A standard is something you apply to yourself first.  A weapon is something you apply to your opponents and not to yourself at all.  A standard is something you practice when it's hard, not when it's easy.  For you, NAP is a weapon

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 12:43pm:
So what we have here, Tom, is that NAP turns out not to be a standard for anarchists to apply to yourselves, it is a weapon you use to attack anyone who supports the aggression you disagree with.  Aggression you support is OK.

When you support hacking servers, it doesn't even occur to you that's aggression.  You like the result.  So you support it, even though it was aggression.  A standard is something you apply to yourself first.  A weapon is something you apply to your opponents and not to yourself at all.  A standard is something you practice when it's hard, not when it's easy.  For you, NAP is a weapon

Seems like you've taken over Jeff's spot as top deep state Republican apologist here.

Congratulations.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:47pm:
Seems like you've taken over Jeff's spot as top deep state Republican apologist here.

Congratulations.

Republicans support Assange?  What planet do you live on, dumb ass?

Link?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Day America Died
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy