Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Day America Died
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Day America Died (Read 232 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: The Day America Died
Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:53pm:
Republicans support Assange?  What planet do you live on, dumb ass?

Link?

Clearly hacking servers is aggression.

We both support Assange.  The difference is I say I am not a believer in NAP.  You claim you are.  But it goes out the window when you like what was done with aggression.

You don't have the intelligence or the integrity to man up to it, so you run away.  Republican!  Neocon!  You manning up to your own standard?  Not gonna happen

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
Clearly hacking servers is aggression.

We both support Assange.  The difference is I say I am not a believer in NAP.  You claim you are.  But it goes out the window when you like what was done with aggression.

You don't have the intelligence or the integrity to man up to it, so you run away.  Republican!  Neocon!  You manning up to your own standard?  Not gonna happen

One can make a case that lies, slander, and  manufacturing and disseminating disinformation constitutes aggression.

I personally don't buy that.  Having laws against lying makes a government the final decider of the truth, and to me, that is more than just a slippery slope. 

I support Voltaire's view that I may not agree with what you say, but I'll support your right to say it.  Period.

Prominent neocons James Clapper and Elliot Abrams were both found guilty of lying to Congress.  Abrams was fined $50 and Clapper didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

I consider Abrams and Clapper to be criminals and Assange, Snowden, and Manning to be nothing less than heroes.

How about I'll agree not to comment on anything that you post if you'll agree to ignore my posts?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
One can make a case that lies, slander, and  manufacturing and disseminating disinformation constitutes aggression.

I personally don't buy that.  Having laws against lying makes a government the final decider of the truth, and to me, that is more than just a slippery slope. 

I support Voltaire's view that I may not agree with what you say, but I'll support your right to say it.  Period.

Prominent neocons James Clapper and Elliot Abrams were both found guilty of lying to Congress.  Abrams was fined $50 and Clapper didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

I consider Abrams and Clapper to be criminals and Assange, Snowden, and Manning to be nothing less than heroes.

How about I'll agree not to comment on anything that you post if you'll agree to ignore my posts?

I agree with all of that, but all you did is repeat what I said.

When you agree with it, you suddenly support aggression. 

You proved exactly what I said.  NAP is a political weapon for you.  It's an attack you  make on others, not a standard you hold yourself to.

Standards are what you hold yourself to.

You're like the Democrats that way. They don't apply their standards to themselves either, they only expect Republicans to follow their standards.

I was honest in the first place.  I don't believe in NAP.  I generally do, but I manned up to admitting in the first place I don't because of situations like this.

You just jettison your standard with your integrity.  You want aggression, it's suddenly fine with you.  When you're getting your own objective

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Another award-winning journalist speaks out for Assange and a free press:
https://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2019-04-13/uk-media-mps-unveil-latest-assange...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
Another award-winning journalist speaks out for Assange and a free press:
https://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2019-04-13/uk-media-mps-unveil-latest-assange...

Yes, Assange did a great thing.  And I can say that without flagrant hypocrisy, unlike some people

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:05am
Print Post  
From Aussie, John Pilger: THE ASSANGE ARREST IS A WARNING FROM HISTORY

"In Australia, the current America-besotted government is prosecuting two whistle-blowers who revealed that Canberra's spooks bugged the cabinet meetings of the new government of East Timor for the express purpose of cheating the tiny, impoverished nation out of its proper share of the oil and gas resources in the Timor Sea. Their trial will be held in secret."

http://johnpilger.com/articles/the-assange-arrest-is-a-warning-from-history

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 11:02am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:53pm:
Republicans support Assange?  What planet do you live on, dumb ass?

Link?

They certainly enjoyed Wikileaks release of DNC emails. 

That said, I have no idea what this thread is about as the original post was just some non descriptive hyperbole.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 14th, 2019 at 4:41pm:

No, one cannot. As Rothbard clearly states, there is no property in reputation.

https://mises.org/library/knowledge-true-and-false
Quote:
Jones's "reputation" is purely a function of the subjective attitudes and beliefs about him contained in the minds of other people. But since these are beliefs in the minds of others, Jones can in no way legitimately own or control them. Jones can have no property right in the beliefs and minds of other people.

Aggression can only be against property. If I stab your apple, I have damaged your property. "Your" reputation is contained in the minds of others, who I have every right to deceive as long as I do not commit fraud. Fraud requires a transaction.

And I already asked on this very board if paying for news advertised as true by watching ads constitutes a transaction. The answer was no. So there can be no possible fraud in lying about someone.

Also, you're shifting the topic here. Hacking servers is aggression. That makes it wrong.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:46am
Print Post  
What's wrong with the US arrest of Australian Julian Assange? 

According to Ron Paul :

"It is an attack on the US Constitution. It is an attack on the free press. It is an attack on free speech. It is an attack on our right to know what our government is doing with our money in our name. Julian Assange is every bit as much a political prisoner as was Cardinal Mindszenty in Hungary or Nelson Mandela in South Africa."

www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2019/april/15/julian-assange...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:46am:
What's wrong with the US arrest of Australian Julian Assange? 

According to Ron Paul :

"It is an attack on the US Constitution. It is an attack on the free press. It is an attack on free speech. It is an attack on our right to know what our government is doing with our money in our name. Julian Assange is every bit as much a political prisoner as was Cardinal Mindszenty in Hungary or Nelson Mandela in South Africa."

www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2019/april/15/julian-assange...
But... Comey didn't think that electronic eavesdropping was "spying", so he thought it was fine to keep it a secret that the government was eavesdropping on us by electronic means, you know, just so long as they weren't spying on us... Cheesy

Ron Paul is exactly correct on this issue.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Day America Died
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy