Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Associated Press
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Associated Press (Read 2420 times)
Tommy Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

The Associated Press
Apr 13th, 2019 at 7:20am
Print Post  

There are two AP articles on the Assange capture in today's Times-Union, Jacksonville, FL. one by Joshua Goodman and Christine Armario which cite damning information about Assange "according to a senior government official who wasn't authorized to discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity." and one by Eric Tucker and Ben Fox who quote "a U.S.official, speaking on conditions of anonymity to discuss internal and legal matters..."

Typical sycophantic BS from the US MSM.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: The Associated Press
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 7:20am:
There are two AP articles on the Assange capture in today's Times-Union, Jacksonville, FL. one by Joshua Goodman and Christine Armario which cite damning information about Assange "according to a senior government official who wasn't authorized to discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity." and one by Eric Tucker and Ben Fox who quote "a U.S.official, speaking on conditions of anonymity to discuss internal and legal matters..."

Typical sycophantic BS from the US MSM.

You live in Jacksonville?  So do I.  We should do lunch.

I totally like what Assange did.  But as I pointed out and you ran away from, hacking servers is aggression.  You are praising someone who violated NAP.  Hypocrisy just doesn't bother you ... when it's your own.

Thanks for starting a thread though where you actually said what it's about!

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:14am:

I totally like what Assange did.  But as I pointed out and you ran away from, hacking servers is aggression.  You are praising someone who violated NAP.  Hypocrisy just doesn't bother you ... when it's your own.

Aggression, shgression...  When the ruling elites set up a system to lie to, steal from, and murder various people and populations in the world, the only way you can get justice is to commit some act that, naturally, would be deemed unacceptable by the establishment.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Apr 13th, 2019 at 10:14am:

Assange didn't hack any servers, he just published material made available to him. Just like publishing the Pentagon Papers back in the day.

From here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers

"For his disclosure of the Pentagon Papers, Ellsberg was initially charged with conspiracy, espionage, and theft of government property, but the charges were later dismissed after prosecutors investigating the Watergate scandal discovered that the staff members in the Nixon White House had ordered the so-called White House Plumbers to engage in unlawful efforts to discredit Ellsberg.[5][6]"

and:

"...they were first brought to the attention of the public on the front page of The New York Times in 1971.[1][2]"

Of course, the NY Times is considered "real" media with "real" reporters, while Assange is not...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 1:56pm:
Aggression, shgression...  When the ruling elites set up a system to lie to, steal from, and murder various people and populations in the world, the only way you can get justice is to commit some act that, naturally, would be deemed unacceptable by the establishment.

If you read my post you quoted, you'll notice I agree with that

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Like speaking out, telling people about the crimes you've learned of.

The law requires that you do that. To hide a crime you know of makes you an accessory to the crime, after the fact.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 1:57am
Print Post  

It's not about what the establishment thinks.

It's about what libertarianism, the philosophy, dictates.

Hacking servers is aggression.

If you think the NAP is too strict, or that following it is like a lemming following a blind man off a cliff, then make that case.

...And provide an alternative structure.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 3:57am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 1:57am:

If you think the NAP is too strict, or that following it is like a lemming following a blind man off a cliff, then make that case.

The NAP is not too strict, and self-defense is not aggression.

Unelected neocons James Clapper and Elliot Abrams were both found guilty of lying to Congress, and thus to tax-paying  Americans who pay their salaries, and were later promoted to higher levels of power within the deep state.

Other deep state neocons like Michael Pompeo and John Bolton make no bones about their advocacy of aggression, and it is deep state aggression that was exposed by Julian Assange and Wikileaks.

As John Whitehead stated, "When exposing crimes is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals."
https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/when-dissidents-become-enemies-of-th...

Resisting criminals is not aggression according the NAP or any of the various Golden Rules.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 7:39am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 1:57am:
It's not about what the establishment thinks.

It's about what libertarianism, the philosophy, dictates.

Revealing secrets that show the government is breaking the law is not aggression, it's self defense.

It's our government, and we have a right to know what it's doing so as to be sure it stays within the law and doesn't exceed it's lawfully granted powers.

We should be able to rely on our elected representatives to keep watch for us, but obviously we can't.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Apr 20th, 2019 at 3:57am:
The NAP is not too strict, and self-defense is not aggression

And revenge is not self defense.  You know nothing about NAP.  You just justified everything the actual neocons do.  Bu-bu-bu terrorists.  It's self defense!

NAP does not allow you to hack someone because you believe they transgressed or you're defending yourself from a non-imminent threat.  NAP allows you to use violence to protect yourself from the act of aggression.  Not to get even later.  You don't even know what NAP is.  You really are pathetic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Associated Press
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy