Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Do Homeowers Associations have Consent of the Governed?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Do Homeowers Associations have Consent of the Governed? (Read 3064 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Do Homeowers Associations have Consent of the Governed?
Reply #50 - May 4th, 2019 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 4:51pm:
Sacky's proposed Amendment XXVIII:

Taxation, being theft, will no longer be permitted in the U.S. and it's Territories or Possessions.

The right to be free of any and all taxation shall not be infringed. Every person within the jurisdiction of the U.S. will have their right to be free of taxation strictly enforced.

This is brilliant.   Sacky wrote that?

Sacky, you're #1 in my book.   Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - May 5th, 2019 at 6:55am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 8:09pm:
This is brilliant.   Sacky wrote that?

No Chief, I did. You'd better lay of the beer!

What the Sack needs to do now is try to round up enough people who consent to that sort of change in our Constitution so that the proposed amendment can be consented to by the people.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - May 5th, 2019 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 9:56am:
Jeff is the welfare queen; that's why he loves non-consensual government so much.

Maybe, but he seems like a former business owner type to me. Beneath the facade anyway.

And he's smart. He understands what free school is.

You give one kid free school, and that kid gains an advantage. You give them all free school and no one is advantaged (the business hires whoever it would have anyway) and the taxpayer just trained their applicant for them.

All in the name of everyone having a better than average job.

If it's really unacceptable that rich parents can buy their children an advantage on the job market, then just don't let them.

It's not about that, though. It's about a direct wealth transfer from the working class to the business owners. Libertarians love those sorts of wealth transfers, and they'll always have unassailable arguments as to why the wealth transfers they like don't violate any core principles.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - May 5th, 2019 at 10:44am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 10:33am:
Maybe, but he seems like a former business owner type to me. Beneath the facade anyway.

And he's smart. He understands what free school is.

You give one kid free school, and that kid gains an advantage. You give them all free school and no one is advantaged (the business hires whoever it would have anyway) and the taxpayer just trained their applicant for them.

All in the name of everyone having a better than average job.

If it's really unacceptable that rich parents can buy their children an advantage on the job market, then just don't let them.

It's not about that, though. It's about a direct wealth transfer from the working class to the business owners. Libertarians love those sorts of wealth transfers, and they'll always have unassailable arguments as to why the wealth transfers they like don't violate any core principles.
The only "free" schooling I support is local schools controlled by parents and funded by local taxes, and I don't support any "free" schooling beyond a basic education. If you want to go to college, you should pay for it.

I don't think there's any possibility of changing state constitutions to eliminate state supported colleges (or state support for local schools), but the federal government, which has no grant of authority to meddle in education in any way, should get out of it completely.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - May 6th, 2019 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Jeff, were the representatives who consented to the U.S. Constitution empowered to do that through fair and open elections?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - May 7th, 2019 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 9:41am:
Jeff, were the representatives who consented to the U.S. Constitution empowered to do that through fair and open elections?
Obviously you think not, which makes the Constitution and the government it created illegitimate...

Are you finding lots of support for amending the Constitution to eliminate taxation?

It sounds like you've gone even further down the anarchist rabbit hole and are now trying to drum up support for declaring the entire Constitution invalid and abolishing government entirely.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - May 7th, 2019 at 8:31am
Print Post  
It’s just a yes or no,,,  Jeff.

You made the assertion that consent is not individual, but is given by representatives selected in fair and open elections.  Your words.

I’m just asking if you believe that’s what happened when the US government was formed or if you believe that it has no consent.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - May 7th, 2019 at 8:39am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 8:31am:
It’s just a yes or no,,,  Jeff.

You made the assertion that consent is not individual, but is given by representatives selected in fair and open elections.  Your words.

I’m just asking if you believe that’s what happened when the US government was formed or if you believe that it has no consent.
The people in the new United States believed that they had consented to have the people they choose to send to the ratifying conventions represent their interests.

You think not. Who cares?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - May 7th, 2019 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 8:39am:
The people white male landowners in the new United States believed that they had consented to have the people they choose to send to the ratifying conventions represent their interests.

You think not. Who cares?

Fixed that for you.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - May 7th, 2019 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 8:42am:
Fixed that for you.
Well, at the same time in history, how were POC/women doing along the lines of creating representative governments that protected rights? In fact, has such a thing ever happened since that time? Or before?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Do Homeowers Associations have Consent of the Governed?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy