Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › “I Believe the Universe was Created out of Nothing, in Accordance . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) “I Believe the Universe was Created out of Nothing, in Accordance . . (Read 356 times)
EWS
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: “I Believe the Universe was Created out of Nothing, in Accordance . .
Reply #20 - May 9th, 2019 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
The thread was off topic already as they almost always are.

You were right on topic for the current topic, and I think you should say more, thank you.

As long as the TwoParties have control of the electoral process, our government will remain politicized and continue to try to polarize Americans.

As long as so much power and wealth are available to "the government", it will remain corrupt.

As long as individuals in government who break laws and violate our rights are not punished, they will not change their ways.

When Presidents and bureaucrats make laws and nobody in "the government" protests, the danger of tyranny is critical.

I could damn near write a novel on what I think the government is doing wrong and how to fix it, in fact I have more than once started and then got distracted by other things.

For years I have told anyone who will listen that we control the government, not the other way around.  People tend to forget the whole "Of the people, for the people and by the people". We have allowed corrupt individuals to turn politics into a for profit system, just as the framers feared and hence why Washington did not want to take a salary at all. 

People underestimate the importance of the 1st and 2nd amendment. They are the two rights that are our greatest tools in taking down tyranny and corrupt government.  Now if only more of the people realized that.  And yes we have a tyrannical and corrupt government.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - May 9th, 2019 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 7:03pm:
For years I have told anyone who will listen that we control the government, not the other way around. 

It's important that we remember this.

Smiley

Thomas Jefferson would probably agree. . . .That's how a republic should work.

IP Logged

EWS
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - May 10th, 2019 at 10:10am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 11:07pm:
It's important that we remember this.

Smiley

Thomas Jefferson would probably agree. . . .That's how a republic should work.

Imagine the outright fear in the eyes of DC if the masses ever realize this?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 10th, 2019 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 10:10am:
Imagine the outright fear in the eyes of DC if the masses ever realize this?
That it's all been created out of nothing?

IP Logged

EWS
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - May 10th, 2019 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 4:13pm:
That it's all been created out of nothing?

That WE held the power all along, we just allowed the Government to make us think THEY hold the power.  Literally everything we need to know on stuff like this is in the Constitution and bill of rights.  People just need to read it.

When I went to HS, in the 90's, that was not part of the core classes.  I had to take an elective called "American History" and even then it was covered only briefly.  I think that Constitution 101 should be a required class, taught by teachers that are unbiased, believe it or not they do exist!  I had a Poly Sci teacher in college that hated left and right equally, it was refreshing.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:17am
Print Post  
I guess we’ve been abandon by all the lefties on here except Jeff.  Most lefties pop a gasket if you dare to suggest that Hawking or his puppeteers are not the most wise and infallible people on the planet.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 8:17am:
I guess we’ve been abandon by all the lefties on here except Jeff.  Most lefties pop a gasket if you dare to suggest that Hawking or his puppeteers are not the most wise and infallible people on the planet.

This is an interesting article:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/cosmology-has-some-big-problem...

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - May 14th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 8:34am:

As advertised, thanks!

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 8:17am:

Even if he is, it's not automatically logical to just take his word for everything.

You have enough experience in psychology to understand more than a little about IQ. Some people cannot get some things. They just can't.

If I explain something to them and they cannot understand it, they do not have to take my word for it. In fact, they oughtn't to.

They must work with what they have. With their evidence. Trusting people blindly just because they're smarter than you leads to quite a lot of getting cheated.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › “I Believe the Universe was Created out of Nothing, in Accordance . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy