Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Freedom of the press
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Freedom of the press (Read 593 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Freedom of the press
May 9th, 2019 at 5:47am
Print Post  
One other thing before I go.  This press thing that freedom of the press means that they all have full access to the White House is just retarded.  Freedom of the press is a libertarian leave me the crap alone thing.  It's not a leftist I'm entitled to being given things thing.

Leftists are so stupid.  I suppose that's why burnsred is a gun grabber and wants to indoctrinate our kids in government educations and can't stop doing that even when he's pretending to be an anarchist

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Freedom of the press
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2019 at 8:21am
Print Post  

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2019 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 8:21am:
I thought you'd like this kaz... It's right along with what you've been saying, right?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2019 at 4:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2019 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 4:22am:
As long as the Constitution is interpreted to say you can be tried repeatedly until you are convicted of something, things like this will become more and more common. Cry Angry Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

EWS
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:31am
Print Post  
I am very torn on the Manning thing. As a Libertarian I think what he did was probably a good thing, just not the way in witch the info was released.

As an 8 year Army Vet who has lost friends to this BS in the middle east, I want to see Manning hang for the lives that he put in danger for leaking said information.

So I find myself battling with myself on this.  I don't think that they should continue to try and find anything they can to throw his ass in prison.  But at the same time I kind of think he belongs in prison. But then there is that part of me that says "Just let him go and the Universe will set things right".  I fully believe that the universe has a way of righting things. Like maybe one day he will wake up and scream in shear horror when he realizes that he had his own pecker removed... on purpose

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 10:31am:
I am very torn on the Manning thing. As a Libertarian I think what he did was probably a good thing, just not the way in witch the info was released.

As an 8 year Army Vet who has lost friends to this BS in the middle east, I want to see Manning hang for the lives that he put in danger for leaking said information.

Refresh my memory. What information that Manning leaked actually endangered the lives of U.S. service people?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

EWS
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 10:51am:
Refresh my memory. What information that Manning leaked actually endangered the lives of U.S. service people?

It's not what he leaked, it's that he did and the potential of negative outcomes.  Personally I am all for total transparency from the Government, but I understand that there are some things that need to be kept secret in order to protect people from assassination, attacks, etc...

I have not stayed up on the Manning stuff, but if memory serves most of what he leaked was fairly inconsequential. But Imagine the wrong radicalized person reads the info and decides it's reason enough for him/her to go and blow up a building.  Granted that's extreme, but hey it happens. I mean weren't we expected to believe that Bhengazi was reaction to a youtube video...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2019 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 11:13am:
It's not what he leaked, it's that he did and the potential of negative outcomes.  Personally I am all for total transparency from the Government, but I understand that there are some things that need to be kept secret in order to protect people from assassination, attacks, etc...

I have not stayed up on the Manning stuff, but if memory serves most of what he leaked was fairly inconsequential. But Imagine the wrong radicalized person reads the info and decides it's reason enough for him/her to go and blow up a building.  Granted that's extreme, but hey it happens. I mean weren't we expected to believe that Bhengazi was reaction to a youtube video...
It's not like the people in the countries we are bombing don't already know we are doing it and killing civilians from time to time in the process... And it's not lkie many of the people in countries where we have troops stationed and fighting on the ground don't already know that.

The idea of all the secrecy is to keep the American people from knowing exactly what's being done in our name, and where, and why.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

EWS
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - May 13th, 2019 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 2:58pm:
It's not like the people in the countries we are bombing don't already know we are doing it and killing civilians from time to time in the process... And it's not lkie many of the people in countries where we have troops stationed and fighting on the ground don't already know that.

The idea of all the secrecy is to keep the American people from knowing exactly what's being done in our name, and where, and why.

Yes that is true. Some of that "how and why" falls into the category of : We need to know, but dont really WANT to know.  We just want the results that some of those things bring. 

I could go at length about the hows and whys of being in the middle east and why we should and shouldn't be there. But I feel like this is not the place to beast a dead horse and tell you all things yo already know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Freedom of the press
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy