Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › White House Requires Big Pharma To List Drug Prices On TV Ads
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) White House Requires Big Pharma To List Drug Prices On TV Ads (Read 231 times)
EWS
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: White House Requires Big Pharma To List Drug Prices On TV Ads
Reply #10 - May 14th, 2019 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 5:17pm:
What sort of natural answers have you found? You know you're free to try most of them.

Years ago (late 90's- early 00's) I watched my grandfather wither away from Parkinson's.  At the time someone had mentioned to me that marijuana would help alleviate his symptoms.  Not cure obviously, but allow him to actually function.  I asked his doctor about this, he acted as though I had just slapped him across the face! He then basically told me I was an idiot and whoever told me that was an idiot too and L-Dopa was the ONLY thing that would help.

Fast forward to a few years to when YouTube became a big deal and I find videos of Parkinson's patients using marijuana and how it calmed the tremors and was life changing. A massive improvement to quality of life for them.  Now the medical uses for cannabis products is becoming more widely accepted and that is great,  But it is to late for people like my grandfather who died in 2004. 

So how many other things out there are brushed off by big Pharma and the likes, things that could actually help people?  I am smart and will seek out other options beyond chemical drugs when possible. But most people just trust whatever the doctors are peddling to them. It's sad really.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 6:31pm:
Years ago (late 90's- early 00's) I watched my grandfather wither away from Parkinson's.  At the time someone had mentioned to me that marijuana would help alleviate his symptoms.  Not cure obviously, but allow him to actually function.  I asked his doctor about this, he acted as though I had just slapped him across the face! He then basically told me I was an idiot and whoever told me that was an idiot too and L-Dopa was the ONLY thing that would help.

Fast forward to a few years to when YouTube became a big deal and I find videos of Parkinson's patients using marijuana and how it calmed the tremors and was life changing. A massive improvement to quality of life for them.  Now the medical uses for cannabis products is becoming more widely accepted and that is great,  But it is to late for people like my grandfather who died in 2004. 

So how many other things out there are brushed off by big Pharma and the likes, things that could actually help people?  I am smart and will seek out other options beyond chemical drugs when possible. But most people just trust whatever the doctors are peddling to them. It's sad really.
It's the federal government that made marijuana illegal, but many people kept smoking it anyway... Too bad you didn't get some on the black market for your Grandpa.

Anyway, I guess you haven't tried any of the natural cures and remedies yourself.

I once packed a cut with spider silk until I could get back to where I had a way to clean it. It seemed to work well.

BTW, I know what you mean, but the drugs that plants produce naturally are chemicals too. Plants are rather sophisticated chemical factories.

IP Logged

EWS
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2019 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 8:04pm:
It's the federal government that made marijuana illegal, but many people kept smoking it anyway... Too bad you didn't get some on the black market for your Grandpa.

Anyway, I guess you haven't tried any of the natural cures and remedies yourself.

I once packed a cut with spider silk until I could get back to where I had a way to clean it. It seemed to work well.

BTW, I know what you mean, but the drugs that plants produce naturally are chemicals too. Plants are rather sophisticated chemical factories.

I was prescribed some Hydro's after a knee surgery, hated the way they made me feel just to numb the pain.  A friend got me some CBD tea and gummies. Did great for my pain but without the side effects. 

Beyond that, no I haven't busted out ye olde mortar and pestle to grind up my own stuff.

Ok let me rephrase that from chemical drugs to "Lab created". Or would synthetic work for this instance?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2019 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 15th, 2019 at 4:41pm:
I was prescribed some Hydro's after a knee surgery, hated the way they made me feel just to numb the pain.  A friend got me some CBD tea and gummies. Did great for my pain but without the side effects. 

Beyond that, no I haven't busted out ye olde mortar and pestle to grind up my own stuff.

Ok let me rephrase that from chemical drugs to "Lab created". Or would synthetic work for this instance?
Hyrocodone didn't work to stop the pain I had from shingles, but the doctor wouldn't prescribe anything stronger because the feds were keeping track of how much Oxycontin was being prescribed. I got a hold of some black market morphine and it worked to ease my pain, but it also gave me horribly frightening nightmares, so I just bore down and waited for the pain to ease up on it's own.

The hydrocodone didn't make me feel anything except a little less in pain.

I'm glad the CBD worked for you, but I'm disappointed to learn you don't really have knowledge of traditional natural ways of healing.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 16th, 2019 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Here's an interesting article regarding our governments convoluted and schizophrenic attitude toward drugs.

It raises a lot of questions:

https://reason.com/2019/05/15/the-justice-department-rules-that-the-fda-cannot-r...

From a statement in the article by the Asst. U.S. Attorney General:

"For example, the FDA has jurisdiction over hot tubs, saunas, and treadmills, ONLY when they are "intended for medical purposes." The FDA has no authority when they are used for recreational purposes as that is beyond its jurisdiction."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › White House Requires Big Pharma To List Drug Prices On TV Ads
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy