Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting (Read 1417 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting
Reply #10 - May 11th, 2019 at 7:17am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:05pm:
I don't know what you're talking about. No one ever stopped anyone from beating me to a pulp in public school.
I'm sorry. Do you think that's why you became a sociopath, or were people beating on you in response to your sociopathic behavior?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 11th, 2019 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 7:17am:
I'm sorry. Do you think that's why you became a sociopath, or were people beating on you in response to your sociopathic behavior?

I think it's the reason I was always a little sceptical of rights.

Maybe I wouldn't be if anyone had ever treated me like I had any.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 11th, 2019 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 10:58am:
I think it's the reason I was always a little sceptical of rights.

Maybe I wouldn't be if anyone had ever treated me like I had any.
There have always been people who don't respect the rights of others, but it's just not rational to question the existence of rights because some kids beat you up at school.

I suppose someone stole your lunch money too, and that caused you to think that property rights don't exist...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 11th, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 12:37pm:
There have always been people who don't respect the rights of others, but it's just not rational to question the existence of rights because some kids beat you up at school.

I suppose someone stole your lunch money too, and that caused you to think that property rights don't exist...

It's illogical not to question the existence of something there is zero evidence for.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 11th, 2019 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
EWS wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 2:23pm:
Unpopular Opinion Warning:

I believe that we have seen an up-trend in school shootings because we stopped allowing pubescent, hormone riddled, agnsty teens to do what is in their nature, beat the snot out of each other once in a while.  I am not saying I am ok with bullying, but I and everyone I know made it through HS, got in a few fights, generally ended up friends after and not a single one of us shot up a school, or anything really.

When you force people to suppress the things that nature tells them to do, and instead "talk about it" you create a pressure cooker, as stated by OP.  Take a kid who has to learn screwed up math, fake history, indoctrination and and some hormones and a bully to that stress. Then sit them down (sometimes with said bully) and say "Now how do you feel?" What the crappity smack do you expect to happen?

Your opinion may be unpopular, EWS, but it is spot on.  I don't know as much about as Little Big Man, but I had a nephew who was told by a public school teacher WTTE of "no, you can't hit back a bully in self-defense.   Self-defense means avoiding further injury, such as walking away or calling for help by an adult.  Hitting back would only cause the bully to hit you again, that's the opposite of self-defense."  How do you even begin to respond to that kind of "logic?"

So, yeah.  Instead of punching a bully in the nose, some of these medication-addled teenagers bring a gun to shoot "all the bullies." 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 11th, 2019 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 4:02pm:
It's illogical not to question the existence of something there is zero evidence for.
There's lots of evidence, but it's logically reasoned philosophical arguments, not psychical evidence.

You're consistently narrow minded.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 12th, 2019 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 5:14pm:
There's lots of evidence, but it's logically reasoned philosophical arguments, not psychical evidence.

You're consistently narrow minded.

I have to agree with Oppo, even though I do believe that there is such a thing as property rights.  Still, arguments are not evidence.  Arguments need evidence as their base.

I'm not sure if there is any evidence of property rights, physical or otherwise.  It's more like "it would be best" if we at as if there are such things as property rights.

The ironic thing here is that I'm sure you are going to also make a personal attack on me for saying that there's no evidence of property rights when there is such substantial evidence that you think property rights are non-absolute and should be ignored when government decides it needs to take our property.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 12th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
Still, arguments are not evidence.  Arguments need evidence as their base.

Yes, and arguments with facts as their base are philosophical evidence, which is useful in many ways.

The primary use is countering philosophical arguments based on fantasies.

The technical term for arguments with fantasy as a basis is bullshit.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 12th, 2019 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
The ironic thing here is that I'm sure you are going to also make a personal attack on me for saying that there's no evidence of property rights when there is such substantial evidence that you think property rights are non-absolute and should be ignored when government decides it needs to take our property.
You should not write when under the influence of mind altering drugs, but if you do, you should proof read your own work. Smiley

Is it a personal attack to say that your confusion seems to be absolute. You lack understanding of fundamentals...

If you feel insulted, I'm sorry.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 12th, 2019 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 5:35pm:
You should not write when under the influence of mind altering drugs, but if you do, you should proof read your own work. Smiley

Is it a personal attack to say that your confusion seems to be absolute. You lack understanding of fundamentals...

If you feel insulted, I'm sorry.

No need for apologies, Jeff.  Your insults are as the babbling of a mentally challenged child to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy