Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting (Read 1345 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting
Reply #20 - May 12th, 2019 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
Yes, and arguments with facts as their base are philosophical evidence, which is useful in many ways.

What are the facts on which you base your argument that property rights are real (except when the G needs ya' dough)?

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - May 12th, 2019 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
What are the facts on which you base your argument that property rights are real (except when the G needs ya' dough)?

Starting at the very basics, "That's mine, you can't have it."

What are the facts on which you base your argument that property rights don't exist?

Start with the basics please, so it's easy to understand. Thanks.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - May 13th, 2019 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 5:05pm:
I have to agree with Oppo, even though I do believe that there is such a thing as property rights.  Still, arguments are not evidence.  Arguments need evidence as their base.

I'm not sure if there is any evidence of property rights, physical or otherwise.  It's more like "it would be best" if we at as if there are such things as property rights.

The ironic thing here is that I'm sure you are going to also make a personal attack on me for saying that there's no evidence of property rights when there is such substantial evidence that you think property rights are non-absolute and should be ignored when government decides it needs to take our property.

It is more argument than evidence to say that property rights are a natural part of the NAP.  If I fell a tree on unoccupied land and build a canoe out of it, no one can take it from me without aggression.  Therefore property rights to portable property such as this are part of the NAP.

It is also why, under my proposal of geo-agrarian libertarianism (GAL), there is no property right to land.  Land use is a privilege granted by a legitimate government.  Unlike personal property ownership, there can be no land ownership without government, so this requirement violates no rights.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 13th, 2019 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 4:18pm:
It is more argument than evidence to say that property rights are a natural part of the NAP.  If I fell a tree on unoccupied land and build a canoe out of it, no one can take it from me without aggression.  Therefore property rights to portable property such as this are part of the NAP.

It is also why, under my proposal of geo-agrarian libertarianism (GAL), there is no property right to land.  Land use is a privilege granted by a legitimate government.  Unlike personal property ownership, there can be no land ownership without government, so this requirement violates no rights.
Self abuse is often counterproductive, but it can be fun!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 8:31pm:
Self abuse is often counterproductive, but it can be fun!

That seems random.  Are you letting us know what you do right before you start posting on this forum?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 8:15am:
That seems random.  Are you letting us know what you do right before you start posting on this forum?

No, I was just commenting on the tortured argument you are having with yourself about property rights and how you think they are subordinate to the NAP except when they aren't... Or whatever it was you said to yourself...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - May 14th, 2019 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 5:31pm:
Yes, and arguments with facts as their base are philosophical evidence, which is useful in many ways.

The primary use is countering philosophical arguments based on fantasies.

The technical term for arguments with fantasy as a basis is bullshit.

Arguments founded on nothing but ideas can as easily prove someone has no rights, as they can prove people do have rights.

Jeff wrote on Apr 2nd, 2019 at 9:33am:
Your constant misrepresentation of libertarians as people who want rights for themselves so they can deny rights to others is absurd nonsense and gets tiring no matter how many bizarre ways you try to package it.

Jeff wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:49am:
You have no more rights than an animal, because your understanding of rights is at the level of a predatory animal.

Your "well-reasoned arguments" prove I have no rights.

They also prove everyone has rights.

...Anything follows from a contradiction.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #27 - May 16th, 2019 at 10:28am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 9:05pm:
I don't know what you're talking about. No one ever stopped anyone from beating me to a pulp in public school.

Um ... you didn't go to US schools ...

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - May 16th, 2019 at 10:32am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 10:09pm:
Your "well-reasoned arguments" prove I have no rights.

They also prove everyone has rights.

...Anything follows from a contradiction.
Your consistent refusal to claim that you are human forces me to believe you don't possess human rights.

But as I've said, if you look and act human, people will treat you as if you do have rights. Go buy a chicken. Feed it to your pet tiger.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - May 18th, 2019 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 4:18pm:

You're treading pretty close to communism there, since the only way to get the tree and make the canoe is to have the land the tree is on. If you don't have the right to use the land, someone will just chase you off.

Jeff wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 10:32am:
Your consistent refusal to claim that you are human forces me to believe you don't possess human rights.

So? As I said, if your arguments aren't based on evidence, but only on other arguments (which also aren't based on evidence), they can as easily prove I don't have rights as that I do. Case in point.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Anonymous Mom: Pressure Led to School Shooting
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy