Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Police Officer Shoots Grandma Shouting, "I'm Pregnant!"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Police Officer Shoots Grandma Shouting, "I'm Pregnant!" (Read 32 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Police Officer Shoots Grandma Shouting, "I'm Pregnant!"
May 14th, 2019 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
The excuse:  Hey, she wasn't even pregnant . . .

A Texas police officer shot and killed a 44-year-old woman while trying to arrest her Monday night, authorities said.

A police spokesperson has since confirmed that the woman, identified as Pamela Turner, was not pregnant at the time of the shooting.

The unnamed officer involved in the shooting came across the woman while patrolling an apartment complex in the city of Baytown, some 27 miles east of Houston. He apparently recognized her from previous encounters and knew she had "outstanding warrants," according to a statement from Lt. Steve Dorris of the Baytown Police Department.

A struggle ensued when the officer attempted to arrest her for those warrants, Dorris said. The officer deployed his Taser on the woman, but, as he was trying to handcuff her, she apparently got hold of the device and used it on him.
(MORE: NYPD officer faces departmental trial for alleged chokehold death of Eric Garner)
PHOTO: Police are at the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Baytown, Texas, May 13, 2019. ABC News
Police are at the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Baytown, Texas, May 13, 2019.

The officer drew his gun and fired multiple rounds at the woman, striking her at least once. The officer then attempted to render aid to the woman but she was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Dorris.

A witness captured the altercation on video, which was obtained by ABC News. In the 30-second footage, the woman can be heard telling the officer, "I'm actually walking to my house," and shouting, "I'm pregnant," before she's shot.

The woman's relatives allegedly told police she was not pregnant, according to Dorris, and another statement from the Baytown Police Department confirmed that she "was actually not pregnant." An autopsy is being conducted.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-accused-cops-taser-shot-dead-scuffle-texas/story...

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/texas-officer-shooting-pregnant/index.html

By the time it comes out that her "warrants" were for unpaid tickets and that she actually was pregnant in spite of what police "confirmed" before the autopsy, this will be old news.  Just another Black person shot by police who never seem to be able to de-escalate these situations before they have to resort ot gunplay.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Police Officer Shoots Grandma Shouting, "I'm Pregnant!"
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2019 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 7:57pm:
The excuse:  Hey, she wasn't even pregnant . . .

A Texas police officer shot and killed a 44-year-old woman while trying to arrest her Monday night, authorities said.

A police spokesperson has since confirmed that the woman, identified as Pamela Turner, was not pregnant at the time of the shooting.

The unnamed officer involved in the shooting came across the woman while patrolling an apartment complex in the city of Baytown, some 27 miles east of Houston. He apparently recognized her from previous encounters and knew she had "outstanding warrants," according to a statement from Lt. Steve Dorris of the Baytown Police Department.

A struggle ensued when the officer attempted to arrest her for those warrants, Dorris said. The officer deployed his Taser on the woman, but, as he was trying to handcuff her, she apparently got hold of the device and used it on him.
(MORE: NYPD officer faces departmental trial for alleged chokehold death of Eric Garner)
PHOTO: Police are at the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Baytown, Texas, May 13, 2019. ABC News
Police are at the scene of an officer-involved shooting in Baytown, Texas, May 13, 2019.

The officer drew his gun and fired multiple rounds at the woman, striking her at least once. The officer then attempted to render aid to the woman but she was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Dorris.

A witness captured the altercation on video, which was obtained by ABC News. In the 30-second footage, the woman can be heard telling the officer, "I'm actually walking to my house," and shouting, "I'm pregnant," before she's shot.

The woman's relatives allegedly told police she was not pregnant, according to Dorris, and another statement from the Baytown Police Department confirmed that she "was actually not pregnant." An autopsy is being conducted.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-accused-cops-taser-shot-dead-scuffle-texas/story...

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/texas-officer-shooting-pregnant/index.html

By the time it comes out that her "warrants" were for unpaid tickets and that she actually was pregnant in spite of what police "confirmed" before the autopsy, this will be old news.  Just another Black person shot by police who never seem to be able to de-escalate these situations before they have to resort ot gunplay.
Yes, by the time the truth is fully known, nobody will care, but the story that it was another unjustified police shooting will remain.

I notice in the video she keeps trying to tase him... That's resisting arrest with style!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Police Officer Shoots Grandma Shouting, "I'm Pregnant!"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy