Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights and Self-Defence
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rights and Self-Defence (Read 3603 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rights and Self-Defence
Reply #120 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 11:05am
Print Post  
N567 wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:03am:
Of course they are free to give grants to whoever they want, but since they are left-wing, they will only give grants to scientists who will conduct research that promotes leftist ideology, and that is why the leaders of governments and corporations should have a Libertarian mindset that is open to all kinds of scientific research so that scientific progress can proceed unhindered and unbiased.

The Libertarian mindset is also opposed to some opinions. Two members were banned from this site for racist opinions. Even the Libertarian Party website declares racism to be wrong.

They were wrong, but I'm saddened that people feel that it's better to prove this by silencing those with the wrong views rather than engaging them.

Some research supports some racist conclusions. This doesn't mean those conclusions are correct (they're not) but they never get addressed with discourse because it's just easier to exile people from the scientific community, ban them from forums, and kick them off social media. This leads them to believe they're being silenced because they're right, and I have to admit, it's easy to draw that conclusion.

They're being silenced because they're wrong, and because it's just easier than engaging with people.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #121 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 11:05am:
The Libertarian mindset is also opposed to some opinions. Two members were banned from this site for racist opinions. Even the Libertarian Party website declares racism to be wrong.

Racism is a symptom of group think, which is a "progressive" thing, not libertarian at all.

People who are racists and bigots are not thinking of others as individuals, which is an essential part of libertarian theory, that every individual hum has value simply because of their humanity, and they must be judged on their actions, how they treat others, whether or not they respect the rights of others.

Libertarians don't want to round up racists and put them in concentration camps, or deport them, or have them branded with red 'R's. Libertarians recognize that the rights of free speech and free association apply to racists as well as to everybody else.

What we will fight to prevent is having racists and bigots control governments and make laws that discriminate against groups based on the physical characteristics of the people in those groups, just as we wil fight to prevent governments from discriminating based on religion (or lack of it), or political ideology.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #122 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
They were wrong, but I'm saddened that people feel that it's better to prove this by silencing those with the wrong views rather than engaging them.

Take it up with the moderator.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #123 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Some research supports some racist conclusions.
If you start with the premise that people have certain characteristics based on skin color or culture or religion, and place them in groups, which is tribal thinking, you can reach all sorts of apparently valid conclusions about various groups/tribes, which tells you nothing at all about the individuals in the groups.

It might be found to be true that bald men are more likely to be gay... So what?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #124 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
...it's just easier to exile people from the scientific community, ban them from forums, and kick them off social media.
This is a common and age old tactic of "progressives". Libertarians oppose it.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #125 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:14pm:
If you start with the premise that people have certain characteristics based on skin color or culture or religion, and place them in groups, which is tribal thinking, you can reach all sorts of apparently valid conclusions about various groups/tribes, which tells you nothing at all about the individuals in the groups.

It might be found to be true that bald men are more likely to be gay... So what?

So nothing.

It also might be found that people from Africa are more violent and commit more crimes.

So nothing. Even if that were true (it's not, as you point out the problem is progressive ghettos), treat people as individuals.

But when you silence people for saying it is true, you give them every reason to believe they're right.

Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:16pm:
This is a common and age old tactic of "progressives". Libertarians oppose it.

I have seen libertarians use it. On this very forum. You prefer to jeer at or silence opposing views rather than engage them.

Of all the common political philosophies, only conservatives are against this tactic. Everyone else uses it. This is why conservatives are being silenced first.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #126 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:08pm:
It also might be found that people from Africa are more violent and commit more crimes.

If you choose your group carefully, you can prove anything, but it might only apply to the group you very carefully chose.

People in ghettos facing a complete loss of hope often turn to violence. And crime. And drug use. Prostitution too.

Appalachian hillbillies have been known to turn to violence, and not just once, but often, and crime is higher than average in their communities, as is drug use, and out of wedlock births.

That tells us everything we need to know about white people with European ancestry doesn't it?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #127 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:08pm:
You prefer to jeer at or silence opposing views rather than engage them.

I jeer at the idiotic nonsense you spout on a regular basis, but I also engage you, or try to anyway.

It's you who is always running off into the weeds and hiding, refusing to stay on topic, obfuscating and re-defining and pretending to misunderstand.

Screw you! (With permission only, of course Smiley).

Edit: There is absolutely no way I can silence you, nor do I want to. Kiss Kiss Kiss

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #128 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:48pm:
I jeer at the idiotic nonsense you spout on a regular basis, but I also engage you, or try to anyway.

Okay, can you tell me where I went wrong?

Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:30pm:
The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 11:17am:
None. But they may have effectively granted me self-defence by homesteading me.

Without rights, I cannot self-defend.

However, if I have an owner, I could self-defend on behalf of that owner if the owner wished it.

You're crazier than a shithouse rat.

The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:02pm:
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:30pm:
You're crazier than a shithouse rat.

Okay. Can you explain where I went wrong?

The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 7:20pm:
Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 6:27pm:
I have, many times.

Your most basic essential premises are wrong.

Your thinking is upside down, completely inverted. 

You let your reptile brain rule the rest of your mind, which had great potential until you wasted it. Cry

Okay. Can you tell me where I went wrong?

Jeff wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 7:24pm:
It's probably just genetic. Maybe you can blame your Mom...

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #129 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Okay, can you tell me where I went wrong?

You got to stop whining and acting like a defenseless wimp.  Stop being a spectator in life and start acting.  You sound like a smart loser with no money and diminished expectations when it comes to women.  Stand up and change that!

Look at me dude, I say what I want and I am not scared of being silenced here.  If I ever do get banned then I don't care, I just go on with my life the same.  By the way, if I do get banned it will not be because of Jeff.  Jeff doesn't agree with me but he does respect me.  If you would just stop acting like such a pussy you could get some respect too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights and Self-Defence
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy