Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Updated Cat Joke
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Updated Cat Joke (Read 283 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Updated Cat Joke
Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I'm sure you have heard this one:

A family friend asked a little kid about her cat's kittens.  She said, "These kittens are Democrats!"

The (very liberal) friend praised the little girl, of course.  A couple of weeks later, she came again and said, "How are your kitten Democrats doing?"

The girl replied.  "Oh, they're Republicans, now that their eyes are open."

*rimshot*

Here's my update:

Yet more weeks later, the family friend visited and saw the nearly grown cats out chasing mice and climbing trees.  She said rather grumpily, "I see your Republican kittens are almost grown."

The girl replied, "Oh, they are libertarians, now that they can take care of themselves."

Many on here could learn from the wisdom in that joke.

(yes, I wrote it myself)

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Updated Cat Joke
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:28am:
(yes, I wrote it myself)

No you didn't. You ripped it off from the "atheist puppies" joke.

I know all the things, dude.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:53am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:32am:
No you didn't. You ripped it off from the "atheist puppies" joke.

I know all the things, dude.

Let me clarify:

The "Now they are ____ because their eyes are open" is not new.  Hence I said, "I'm sure you've all heard this one." 

I wrote the update about cats being libertarian having learned to take care of themselves.   If you have a link to a similar joke, I'll admit that someone thought of it before I did.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
We all hope people open their eyes and minds and become libertarians, but, both the Republicans and the Democrats are a threat to our liberties.

Here's an example:

https://reason.com/2019/05/31/think-trumps-attacks-on-journalism-are-bad-san-fra...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 1st, 2019 at 12:44pm:
We all hope people open their eyes and minds and become libertarians,

Many Democrats and Republicans have eyes that are very wide-open.  They covet and stare with greed, jealousy and longing at all the wonderful things that they democratic-republican kleptocracy funnels to them or promises to funnel to them and they gaze in fear at anyone or anything who threatens or even suggests that the stealing be reduced.

The point you carefully avoid is that gaining confidence in one's ability to self-sustain is a good first step toward true libertarian thought.  Libertarianism springs from courage.  Statism - all stripes of statism - springs from fear.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 1st, 2019 at 3:45pm:
Many Democrats and Republicans have eyes that are very wide-open.  They covet and stare with greed, jealousy and longing at all the wonderful things that they democratic-republican kleptocracy funnels to them or promises to funnel to them and they gaze in fear at anyone or anything who threatens or even suggests that the stealing be reduced.

The point you carefully avoid is that gaining confidence in one's ability to self-sustain is a good first step toward true libertarian thought.  Libertarianism springs from courage.  Statism - all stripes of statism - springs from fear.

You literally don't know what "statism" means

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:28am:
yes, I wrote it myself

No kidding

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
You are talking about people with narrow closed minds.

It's important to have both mind and eyes open.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2019 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
The point you carefully avoid is that gaining confidence in one's ability to self-sustain is a good first step toward true libertarian thought. 
I've never been shy about saying that taking responsibility for one's own life is essential to becoming an adult self-actualizing person, but I think you are wrong to imagine that every human who becomes an adult will be a libertarian.

A really good cat burglar might have great confidence in their ability to "self-sustain".

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2019 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 1st, 2019 at 11:53am:
Let me clarify:

The "Now they are ____ because their eyes are open" is not new.  Hence I said, "I'm sure you've all heard this one." 

I wrote the update about cats being libertarian having learned to take care of themselves.   If you have a link to a similar joke, I'll admit that someone thought of it before I did.

I'll do you one better. I'll update your joke.

Once, there was a tiny kitten. She'd been abandoned by her mother, blind and deaf (as baby kittens are) and she favoured redistribution, because otherwise, she would starve. She favoured strong government, to stop dog aggression, because a dog got hold of her and nearly killed her.

Through all the tax money the government could provide, kitty ended up in a nice home with nice Humans, was nursed back to health, and grew up happy and healthy. When she gave affection, she got affection. When she clawed her owners, she got less affection. Kitty learned to give and take and became a conservative.

Being a curious cat, kitty one day zipped outside in search of ever more freedom. She discovered that now, she was lithe enough to avoid dogs on her own. She could kill birds and feed herself. Kitty became a libertarian.

Kitty got pregnant, gave birth in a dumpster, and left them. When asked why she did that, she said, "They'll be taken in, be democrats for a while, then climb the ladder of selfishness right back to the top again like I did. Cycle of life, nyan."

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Updated Cat Joke
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy