Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing (Read 1090 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing
Reply #30 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 4:53pm:
Does a doctor have a right to refuse service or not?
What makes you think the law says doctors have to do things for free? Which law are you imagining?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:06pm:
Why would I want to do that since I'm agsaint forcing doctors to provide service and I'm against government schools?

You and the little guy are stupid as shit.  That's why I created the thread for you

I read the whole thing. I see no winning argument against public schools, if done at the local level.

I was against public schools, but I lost the argument, so I changed my mind.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:09pm:
What makes you think the law says doctors have to do things for free? Which law are you imagining?

Does a doctor have the right to refuse service or not?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:09pm:
I read the whole thing. I see no winning argument against public schools, if done at the local level.

They didn't mention the "taxes are theft" angle, or the "paying teachers is wealth transfer" argument?

I guess they would have had to mention the need for uneducated menial laborers to support the aristocracy in the future... You don't find that one persuasive?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:09pm:

I was against public schools, but I lost the argument, so I changed my mind.

There is no Constitutional authority for redistribution of wealth. Only the general welfare.  I don't give a shit if you understand the argument or not, but it's really not debatable

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:11pm:
They didn't mention the "taxes are theft" angle, or the "paying teachers is wealth transfer" argument?

You refuted those cleanly with your "good idea" argument.

Because you shifted the burden of proof, we can't ask if government has the right to take money from some and use it to buy school for others.

We'd have to prove it was a bad idea.

And that very much depends on who's in focus. Obviously, for the kids getting an education for free, it's a good idea. For the businesses getting their employees trained for them, for free, it's a great idea.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:10pm:
Does a doctor have the right to refuse service or not?
Why no, once they get that state certification and a license to practice, they are agents of the state, employees almost, and must do what the government tells them to do, lest they be sent to Cuba...

That's the punishment for doctors who try to charge money when the law says they have to work for free. Serves them right.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:13pm:
There is no Constitutional authority for redistribution of wealth. Only the general welfare.  I don't give a shit if you understand the argument or not, but it's really not debatable

You wouldn't win against Jeff with that. You know it, which is why you won't debate him.

If you can't refute the other heavy hitters, why should I trust what you say?

I dare you to try telling him he's stupid and doesn't understand the Constitution.

Hmm. You wouldn't. Because he does, and he knows public school is fine on a local level.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:14pm:
You refuted those cleanly with your "good idea" argument.

Because you shifted the burden of proof, we can't ask if government has the right to take money from some and use it to buy school for others.

We'd have to prove it was a bad idea.

And that very much depends on who's in focus. Obviously, for the kids getting an education for free, it's a good idea. For the businesses getting their employees trained for them, for free, it's a great idea.
OK, so it's only a bad idea for anarchists like the Sack who want to be free of everything, including government? (Especially taxes...)

Another way to look at is as opening up opportunities for lots of young people, who won't have many opportunities if they don't learn to read and write and do math. That educated people allow businesses to grow and expand and create wealth is well known, but it's not a one way transaction, both students/future employees/employees benefit from it all too.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:19pm:
Hmm. You wouldn't. Because he does, and he knows public school is fine on a local level.
kaz was talking about Constitutional authority for transferring wealth from person to person or people to favored businesses. There is none.

Why not lizard up (Vulcan up? Vulcanize? Volcanoize ... that's it!) and quit changing the subject on him.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy