Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing (Read 1086 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing
Reply #40 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 5:19pm:
You wouldn't win against Jeff with that. You know it, which is why you won't debate him.

If you can't refute the other heavy hitters, why should I trust what you say?

I dare you to try telling him he's stupid and doesn't understand the Constitution.

Hmm. You wouldn't. Because he does, and he knows public school is fine on a local level.

Yeah, that's why I won't "debate" Jeff.  You're all over that one.  Can I try some of whatever you're smoking?  Don't Bogart that joint

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm:
Yeah, that's why I won't "debate" Jeff.  You're all over that one.  Can I try some of whatever you're smoking?  Don't Bogart that joint
Do Vulcan dragons smoke pot?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:31pm:

You could easily prove me wrong by winning against him, even once, but there's no way you possibly could.

Libertarianism is pure pecking order. Zero principles. You want the world to work like this forum.

You intentionally don't debate the other heavy hitters because you know you're wrong.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
This is pertinent to our discussion:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Civil-Rights-Cases

The S.Ct. basically ruled that private discrimination couldn't be prohibited, but that codified discrimination was prohibited.

Somehow, this was taken by the former slave state governments to mean they could codify discrimination, so they did, and the federal government let them get away with it for 100 years.

Rutherford B. Hayes made a really vile and venal "compromise" about this time in order to end a controversy about the electoral college vote that was keeping him from being sworn in as president. Essentially the "compromise" tossed black citizens under the bus... Where they stayed for a long time.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:37pm:
You could easily prove me wrong...
You keep admitting that you lose all the discussions you enter into... I'd think you'd start getting the idea that you are wrong?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:37pm:
You intentionally don't debate the other heavy hitters because you know you're wrong.
kaz discusses things with me from time to time... I'm sure he's do it more often if I was a "heavy hitter" instead of a moronic drunken hillbilly cousincrappity smacker. Embarrassed

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:47pm:
You keep admitting that you lose all the discussions you enter into... I'd think you'd start getting the idea that you are wrong?

Yes, even when I reverse my position, which I have done every single time a libertarian says I'm wrong.

So it's not about a certain position being right. It's purely about certain people being right.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 6:51am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2019 at 10:27pm:
Yes, even when I reverse my position, which I have done every single time a libertarian says I'm wrong.

So it's not about a certain position being right. It's purely about certain people being right.
So did you read the Britannica article I linked about the Civil Rights Cases? You should read about the Civil Rights Act of 1875 too, and the 1877 Hayes Compromise.

There's plenty of room for civilized discussion right there if you want to engage.

Start reading here:

https://history.house.gov/Historical-Highlights/1851-1900/The-Civil-Rights-Act-o...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 6:51am:
There's plenty of room for civilized discussion right there if you want to engage.

I'm not reading your articles anymore. I think I've done my due diligence reading everything you post. You still don't want an honest discussion.

I already agreed to kill myself because you want me dead. I can't give up more than my life. That's the maximum I can give up.

What's the point of reading your articles if the moment I ask a question, you're just going to attack the question instead of answering it?

What's the point of reading anything if the moment I adopt those views, you'll just reverse your position so you can ridicule?

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Jun 10th, 2019 at 9:50am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 10th, 2019 at 9:01am:
I'm not reading your articles anymore. I think I've done my due diligence reading everything you post. You still don't want an honest discussion.

If you're interested in discussing the current issue of forcing people to bake cakes for others, it's better if you can ground your discussion in the realities of the past that relate to the same issue. Past laws and the Supreme Court decisions that overturned them are the best place to start.

If you aren't interested in learning the real background, why would you think your discussion would be of value to anyone?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Uh Oh - Here We Go Again With The Gay Wedding Cake Thing
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy