Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Would the Statists on Here have Made Good Nazis?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Would the Statists on Here have Made Good Nazis? (Read 2804 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Would the Statists on Here have Made Good Nazis?
Reply #180 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 4:55pm:
Fine. Amend what I said to say "every child who wants to go to school or whose parents want them to go to school".

If the parents want them to go to school, they will pay for it.

Viola!

Or are you saying that if a child wants to go to school, the government should make sure they go, even if the parent says no?

Answer please, don't just dodge the question.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #181 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:01pm:

Viola!

Or are you saying that if a child wants to go to school, the government should make sure they go, even if the parent says no?

So you admit your plan for voluntarily funded governments is pie-in-the-sky nonsense?

I'd think a voluntarily funded public school would be one of the easiest programs to sell people on...

You say it won't work?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #182 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
So you admit your plan for voluntarily funded governments is pie-in-the-sky nonsense?

I'd think a voluntarily funded public school would be one of the easiest programs to sell people on...

You say it won't work?

It is already working.

Viola!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #183 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:09pm:
It is already working.

Viola!

Unless the parents can't afford it. Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #184 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 5:09pm:

What do you think? If a child's parent(s) want it to work instead of attending school because they need/want the money the child can earn, should they be allowed to force the child into menial work for low wages? Or sell the child for sex if they want to make more money from it? Or just keep it home to act as their slave?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #185 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 6:36pm:
What do you think? If a child's parent(s) want it to work instead of attending school because they need/want the money the child can earn, should they be allowed to force the child into menial work for low wages? Or sell the child for sex if they want to make more money from it? Or just keep it home to act as their slave?

So, you equate "menial work" with sex traffic and slavery?

How much are the Democrats paying you?

No, I don't think that the government should force parents to send their children to school. 

Obviously, you want government to have that power.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #186 - Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 23rd, 2019 at 6:07am:
Ideally, your parents and neighbors and teachers will teach you from an early age "Don't hit the other children, don't take their stuff."

That you suffer from the delusion that redistribution of wealth by governments is an overall good is another problem that I don't expect children to learn at an early age, but by the time they finish high school, they should know the realities of wealth redistribution as demonstrated by the mountains of empirical evidence proving that it's a very bad idea.

"But it saved my child's life" is nice, but it's not evidence of the actual long term society wide effects, which are negative rather than positive.

That you think making basic schooling available to all children regardless of their parent's ability to pay is a bad idea just shows what a coldhearted elitist you are. You want children with great potential to remain uneducated so there will be plenty of people around to clean your swimming pool and mow your lawn for not much money. Angry

This sounds to me like the lawnmower man is simply making an unacceptably low amount of money. So fine. Tax me and give him money. I do not care.

Taxing me to give him school, which 90% of the time he won't benefit from, is just wasteful. We spend $11k per head, per year, on giving children school, and the problem of kids out of school being unable to get jobs is only getting worse as we increase the cash flow.

It would be much more efficient to just decide how much you need me to pay him to mow my lawn, and take it from me, and give it to him. That way I can mow my own lawn and I never have to see his ugly face.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #187 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 6:54am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 8:04pm:
No, I don't think that the government should force parents to send their children to school. 

Again, you change the subject, and it was a subject you brought up. Cry

This- (that you just said)

"It is already working.

If the parents want them to go to school, they will pay for it."

is not evidence that public schools can be funded voluntarily, it's simply an acknowledgement of the fact that private schools that charge tuition exist.

Are you claiming that private schools let any child attend whether their parents can pay or not?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #188 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 6:56am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 26th, 2019 at 9:28pm:
This sounds to me like the lawnmower man is simply making an unacceptably low amount of money. So fine. Tax me and give him money. I do not care.

It will be far more efficient to cut out the expensive middleman and have you just give him the money you think he deserves. Go for it!

Edit: And the Sack will love you for it, because you're doing it voluntarily! Kiss Kiss Kiss

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #189 - Jun 27th, 2019 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 27th, 2019 at 6:56am:
It will be far more efficient to cut out the expensive middleman and have you just give him the money you think he deserves. Go for it!

Edit: And the Sack will love you for it, because you're doing it voluntarily! Kiss Kiss Kiss

You see that in this case, why are all the others so hard for you?

If you want kids to go to "free" school, why not cut out the middle man and start a scholarship for low-income kids to go to private school where they will actually learn?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Would the Statists on Here have Made Good Nazis?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy