Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › No Collusion
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) No Collusion (Read 511 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: No Collusion
Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 10:38am:
1.  No, you ae correct.  Rothbard, like Voltaire, advocated unfettered free speech.

Even when it's fraud? That can infringe on property rights, just like every other kind of theft.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 10:44am:
Are you sure? From the article I just posted.

This article is excerpted from chapter 16 of The Ethics of Liberty, by Murray N. Rothbard.

https://mises.org/library/knowledge-true-and-false

No, I'm not sure, and I can't speak for seemingly solid libertarians such as Jacob Hornberger or Walter Block; and besides, I label myself a classical liberal.

All I know for sure is that I favor free, unfettered speech and oppose patent, copyright, and any other "intellectual property rights" laws, not that anyone should care.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Jun 11th, 2019 at 2:45pm:
No, I'm not sure, and I can't speak for seemingly solid libertarians such as Jacob Hornberger or Walter Block; and besides, I label myself a classical liberal.

All I know for sure is that I favor free, unfettered speech and oppose patent, copyright, and any other "intellectual property rights" laws, not that anyone should care.
The classical liberals who created America cared about intellectual property rights.

The evidence is in Article I, Section 8 where it says Congress shall have the power:

To Promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 6:31am
Print Post  

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:00am
Print Post  

Phew, that's a relief.

Yes, someone spends years writing a book or filming a movie.  Someone has a great invention.  Steal it!  That's liberty in action!  Not.

If you don't like the word anarchist for whatever reason, you could call yourself an anarcho capitalist.  Classic liberal means you believe in limited government, it doesn't mean you believe in no government.

Then again, definitions of words isn't your forte

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 9:46am
Print Post  

I care, whether I ought to or not.

This forum is absolutely unpleasant to be on because it's libertarianism in action. The rules apply to me, and no one else, and that's fine, because it's private property.

(However, it's not the property of the mod, Land of Freedom. It's actually the property of YABB. All I would have to do to get this forum cleaned up or gone is go over Land of Freedom's head, which I won't do, because I am individually for free speech. My position is the same as yours, except that it's personal only. I will never do anything to restrict speech. If I invent something, I'll put it in the public domain. Even if I can silence people who abuse me, I still won't.)

I swim in the shark tank every day, knowing I'll get torn apart, because I care what libertarians are for or against, and why.

90% of the time I don't get a response like that. I just get called stupid for asking. The other 10% of the time I get a partial response and I get called stupid for asking. But this is also libertarianism in action. Why would anyone use any tactics except those that work best?

So thank you. It actually means a lot to me.

But you engaged with the heavy hitters, and got flattened, just like I said you would.

This is how the free market will work.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 9:46am:
90% of the time I don't get a response like that. I just get called stupid for asking

90% of the time you get called stupid because you already asked the question and it was clearly answered.  Typically repeatedly

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 10:33am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 12th, 2019 at 9:46am:
I swim in the shark tank every day, knowing I'll get torn apart...
My hero!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › No Collusion
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy