Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is libertarianism linked to Holocaust-denial?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Is libertarianism linked to Holocaust-denial? (Read 371 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is libertarianism linked to Holocaust-denial?
Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 2nd, 2019 at 11:53am:
I think making the connection between liberarianism and holocaust denial is despicable.

It's cheap beyond description, really.
It's something the lizard would do, since it's idea of pure liberty includes the right to exterminate anyone you think isn't totally committed and extremely useful.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 10:05pm:
If Hitler had invented the toothbrush

But the toothbrush was invented by someone from North Carolina.  How do we know?

Because if someone from another state had invented it, it would have been called a "teethbrush."

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:13am
Print Post  
DontTread44 wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 7:27pm:
I don't know whether I can continue to call myself a libertarian or pursue studying Austrian economics at this point.

This is all because of three men: Harry Elmer Barnes, Gary North and James J. Martin. They all have something in common. They deny that 6 million Jews were executed in Nazi Germany. They are Holocaust deniers.

I don't see the connection.  So let's say Albert Einstein denied the holocaust, would that change the validity of his work?  Or how about if it were John von Neumann?  Would this make his equations mathematically unsound?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:12am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:13am:
I don't see the connection. 

That's because there IS no connection between libertarianism and Holocaust-denial.

OP is trying to trigger an emotional response from libertarians.

A few took the bait, but you didn't.   Smiley 
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2019 at 2:10pm by SkyChief »  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 4:13am:
I don't see the connection.  So let's say Albert Einstein denied the holocaust, would that change the validity of his work?  Or how about if it were John von Neumann?  Would this make his equations mathematically unsound?

That's precisely what I think about it.

Though the Mises Institute should definitely take down their profiles.

To be completely fair, a mathematical equation is absolute, whereas you could say (but I don't think) that a political philosophy requires some degree of trust in the founders thereof.

I don't see that necessity for trust, but some people might.

I think you look at the philosophy, and see if you agree with it or not.

If it turns out the philosophy is entirely founded by Nazis, you at least do a double-take here, and ask yourself, "Is this philosophy's entire purpose to advantage Nazis?"

If it's obviously not, I wouldn't take it further.

Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 2nd, 2019 at 6:22pm:
Because if someone from another state had invented it, it would have been called a "teethbrush."

They have better jokes on my planet.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 1:06pm:
Though the Mises Institute should definitely take down their profiles.

Yeah, they probably should if they want to get new people to interested in their economics without someone shouting RACIST ORGANIZATION!  uh-huh...

Back in 1979 when I was a kid and first heard about this holocaust, they said the number was over 1 million and every few years they would add a million till at one point they even got to 7 million and then now it is back down to 6.  I guess 7 million was just too mathematically ridiculous that even the Zionists couldn't swallow it.

If you were to not factor in historical motives,  historical events (such as the bombing of civilian targets) and other factors and just do the math, it won't take you more than a few minutes to see something isn't adding up.

Like, let's say the number that Jews both killed and bodies disposed of over the span of 1939-1945, 6 years and 24/7. While in the middle of an all-out war against 10+ countries.  Manpower? Cost?  It would probably be way more efficient to use these people as your cheap industrial labor to help win your war and then decide what to do with them but then "history" says differently.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2019 at 10:36pm by yamcha »  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:23am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:47pm:
Back in 1979 when I was a kid and first heard about this holocaust, they said the number was over 1 million and every few years they would add a million till at one point they even got to 7 million

Interest.

yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 8:47pm:
and then now it is back down to 6.  I guess 7 million was just too mathematically ridiculous that even the Zionists couldn't swallow it.

Debt consolidation service.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:23am
Print Post  
DontTread44 wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 9:55pm:
They have profiles on antiwar.com, too. I'm literally sick. I don't know what to think anymore. It's not about, "oh, there are libertarians of all stripes", or, "you can't agree with what every libertarian has said", these men are the ROOTS of libertarianism and revisionism.

I don't know who they are or whether they are at the roots or Libertarianism but this is called the genetic fallacy. 

Libertarinism and/or austrian economics stand on their own merits not on the merits of those who founded them. 

What would you study or believe if you looked for pure roots?  Progressivism?  It was steeped in racism at the beginning.  Conservativism?  Its mired in racism now, though in the past it was less racist than progressivism. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:45am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:23am:
I don't know who they are or whether they are at the roots or Libertarianism but this is called the genetic fallacy. 

Libertarianism and/or austrian economics stand on their own merits not on the merits of those who founded them. 

What would you study or believe if you looked for pure roots?  Progressivism?  It was steeped in racism at the beginning.  Conservativism?  Its mired in racism now, though in the past it was less racist than progressivism. 

You are completely correct about it being a genetic fallacy.

If I may, would like to correct what you said about conservatism currently being more racist than progressivism though.  Progressives want to marginalize all races (and sexes)by forcing them to stand and stay in their individual boxes.

Black Lives Matter for example.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:25am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:45am:
You are completely correct about it being a genetic fallacy.

If I may, would like to correct what you said about conservatism currently being more racist than progressivism though.  Progressives want to marginalize all races (and sexes)by forcing them to stand and stay in their individual boxes.

Black Lives Matter for example.
I'm not sure black lives matter is a great example but I won't argue your point otherwise.  There is a wide spread racism on among progressives too, in the form of identity politics.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is libertarianism linked to Holocaust-denial?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy