Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › I think healthcare, abortion, and immigration are essentially the same
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I think healthcare, abortion, and immigration are essentially the same (Read 140 times)
genepool
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

I think healthcare, abortion, and immigration are essentially the same
Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Sometimes I think universal healthcare is similar to abortion and immigration.

The idea is the same. People have a right to live. However, those right to live expire when living means being excessively parasitic. If living means being a burden for other citizens/taxpayers, then their right to live should go.

Just look at Osama bin Laden. Does he has the right to live? If he’s a normal businessman then yea. After all the shit he pulls out, no. He's parasitic. He costs you money and he kills productive people and people beneficial for you. Killing him is profitable. So yap. Kill him.

Case 1. Bob is sick. Bob requires $100k for cure. Bob doesn’t have $100k. What should we do? We should let Bob die. If Bob requires $5k then yea cure him. $100k? Taxpayers should have right here.

Case 2. Ann is pregnant. Ann wants to keep the baby. But Ann is a welfare parasite and the baby is expected to cost $100k of taxpayers’ money. Same thing. Taxpayers should have right here. It’s one thing to fed Ann. It’s another to let Ann breed. Reasonable solution: Give Ann free abortion. Make sure it’s a condition of Ann continuing welfare.

Case 3. Charlie wants to immigrate. However, Charlie doesn’t have a special skill, unlikely to contribute to the economy. Charlie is expected to cost $100k on welfare if he enters. Solution? Same thing. No.

The right is inconsistent. On 1, I agree with them. On 2, they put the bar too far on the side of life. They would require Ann not to abort their baby even if Ann wants to. In 3 They put the bar too far on the side of no. They would kick Charlie out even if Charlie is capable to contribute and even pay extra for the entry.

I see 1, 2, 3 as essentially the same problem. If states have owners and maximize profit, the effect will be the same for 1, 2, 3 the solution will be similar.

The left is consistent. They would bill $100k from taxpayers in all 3 cases. I disagree with them all. But I admit, they’re consistent.

Also, their solution for Case 2 is close enough to mine. We know a baby shouldn't be born if even its own mom doesn't want him. Value of anything is determined by supply and demand. A baby with no demand is trash.

A consistent right would be something like forcing Bob to get healthcare, forcing Ann to give birth, and kidnap Charlie and put him inside the border.

After that bitch, about how high tax is, how parasitic those people are, why governments sucks, yada yada yada.

Of course, the government sucks. Of course, tax is too high. That’s what happens if you force parasites to give birth.

You can try to reason with right wingers and show him the obvious math.

However, many right wingers based their reasoning on some ancient books written by some nomadic tribes that supposedly declare that fetus are sacred beings. You can’t reason with people like that.

You can reason with the libertarian right. You can't reason with the religious right.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2019 at 8:46am by genepool »  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: I think healthcare, abortion, and immigration are essentially the same
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2019 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
genepool wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 3:57am:
They put the bar too far on the side of life.

This is why the cycle will just keep repeating.

People figure out laws to create prosperity by advantaging the productive over thieves and parasites.

Life becomes good. People don't have any experience with starvation. They think resources are infinite. And why shouldn't they? That's all they know.

It seems super cruel to let anyone starve or not breed.

"Oh my gosh these laws are oppressive!" they say. They see the laws because the laws are still there, but they don't know what happens without them.

They get rid of the laws. They make new laws that advantage parasites.

Productive people die off.

Starvation again.

Then people figure out laws to advantage productive people over thieves and parasites.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

genepool

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 10:05am
Print Post  
That's why we need competition among states.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 6th, 2019 at 2:05pm:
People figure out laws to create prosperity by advantaging the productive over thieves and parasites.

What are you babbling about now?

Do you look at everything from an inside out perspective?

I assume you mean laws against theft "advantage" productive people? They don't you know. They just create a level playing field.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › I think healthcare, abortion, and immigration are essentially the same
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy