Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People (Read 1147 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
A biracial rapper pulled out of a Michigan music festival after she learned that white people would be charged twice the amount to attend than "people of color."

Tiny Jag, whose real name is Jillian Graham, was scheduled to perform at AfroFuture Fest's event in Detroit in August. But when she learned about the ticket gouging for white people, she quickly dropped out.

"It seems almost like it has spite, and unfortunately with spite comes hate, and that’s just not obviously going to be a good direction for us to go if we’re looking for positive change."  said Tiny Jag.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/afrofest-festival-biracial-rapper-white-pe...

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the race-based ticket pricing . . . .
AS LONG AS WHITE PEOPLE ARE INFORMED THAT THEY ARE BEING GOUGED BEFORE THEY BUY THEIR TICKET.

The government should stay out of this. 

The event organizers (AfroFuture Fest) should disclose the ticket pricing policy voluntarily.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
So, were tickets only available for purchase in stores or at the venue?  That would be weird.  If they were sold on line or over the phone, how'd they decide what to charge?

Other than that, I don't actually care.  Let them, its douchey but lots of things are.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:04pm:
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the race-based ticket pricing . . . .
AS LONG AS WHITE PEOPLE ARE INFORMED THAT THEY ARE BEING GOUGED BEFORE THEY BUY THEIR TICKET.

Why should they have to disclose that? Your price is X. If X is too high, don't buy.

I used to hate that differential pricing was allowed. I rearranged my priorities since joining this forum.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I didn't know such a thing was legal.  So obviously nigs don't want to have to be with the whites.   But yeah, I believe in freedom of association and free markets.  So if they think they can still do well excluding customers then sure.

So if it is truly possible to double charge whitey at the Negrofest then I hope that it is also legal to completely bar them from attending and hopefully whites will do the same.  I seriously hope this is legal since I have my own list of those who I don't want to serve and the list is long.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:11pm:
I didn't know such a thing was legal.  So obviously nigs don't want to have to be with the whites.   But yeah, I believe in freedom of association and free markets.  So if they think they can still do well excluding customers then sure.

So if it is truly possible to double charge whitey at the Negrofest then I hope that it is also legal to completely bar them from attending and hopefully whites will do the same.  I seriously hope this is legal since I have my own list of those who I don't want to serve and the list is long.

I do not believe it is legal in the opposite direction.

One group is a protected group, the other is not.

Also, watch what you say when Jeff is around. He's gotten two people banned from the site for racist remarks (they would be Dissident Right and Norwegian Libertarian).

And he's permitted to say stuff like this, because he's the biggest libertarian on the board and the mod has a hardon for how PC he is.

Jeff wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 5:07pm:
RubyHypatia wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 9:03am:
We can have the Draw Mohammed Day on the internet again.  I'm reminded of that movie about the North Korean dictator.  If we won't allow him to bully us out of free speech, why should Muslims be allowed to?  Why should anyone be allowed to?

Ruby, if you feel "bullied out of free speech", I can only say, Hurrah! Hallelujah!

But obviously you don't, because you haven't shut up.

If you want to be a Hero of Free Speech, do the organizing and make sure your real name and face become well known.
Please, please do it.

Jeff wrote on Feb 26th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
At least, think about suicide? Thanks.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Hey thanks,

Really?  No free speech allowed here?  ok.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:36am
Print Post  
deleted
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:25pm by SkyChief »  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 9:36pm:
Hey thanks,

Really?  No free speech allowed here?  ok.

Yep, because it's a private platform. This is my point about how libertarianism will turn out, because not being a hypocrite is not a libertarian principle.

Absolute private property rights is a libertarian principle.

This gives you private property owners who are unscrupulous like Land of Freedom. Jeff gets to tell me to commit suicide and wish Ruby dead, and I'd better watch what I say about Muslims.

You don't get freedom under libertarianism. A few people (business owners) get absolute freedom, and others lose freedom. You don't gain freedom just because you own a house. Even if you grew your own food and didn't use electricity or water, you still must earn enough to pay taxes on that house and that means doing whatever business owners say.

I can't believe someone who is pro-white wouldn't notice this. All private businesses must cater to the same interest groups. You don't get an upstart saying to Hell with PCism because the PC groups (the ADL, ACLU and SPLC are not the government) will make it unprofitable for them to do that.

I still believe libertarianism is right, which is why I'm here, but the principles do not create a paradise, or even a world that's better than the one we live in now. Most of us will be worse off.

But as I've said, I care about the principles. If that makes life worse for me, then fine. I definitely think the government has no right right to tell Land of Freedom what to do with his board or how to enforce his rules.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:15am:
I still believe libertarianism is right, which is why I'm here, but the principles do not create a paradise, or even a world that's better than the one we live in now. Most of us will be worse off.

So you have decided you want to live in a world where you are not a business owner?

Are there any other philosophies you've looked into besides Libertarianism whose principles you have found to have merit?

p.s.  I am not pro-white.  I just am not PC.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 8:57pm:
Why should they have to disclose that? Your price is X. If X is too high, don't buy.

Because ethics.

A very rare commodity these days! 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy