Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People (Read 672 times)
yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:05pm:
Because ethics.

A very rare commodity these days! 

I don't think so.  If you come up to me and ask me how much to buy my car, I can name any price I want and it's up to you assuming you know the market value or have a certain budget.

It is arguably unethical if I were to sell you a commodity that I have foreknowledge that the price will drop drastically after you have bought it.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 12:20pm:
I don't think so.  If you come up to me and ask me how much to buy my car, I can name any price I want and it's up to you assuming you know the market value or have a certain budget.

It is arguably unethical if I were to sell you a commodity that I have foreknowledge that the price will drop drastically after you have bought it.

So you're saying it would be unethical for the event organizer to disclose the fact that they double the ticket prices for white people?

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:00pm:
So you're saying it would be unethical for the event organizer to disclose the fact that they double the ticket prices for white people?

No, this is different.  This has nothing to do with price disclosure or not.  This a matter of racism.  That is the bigger problem if you consider it a problem.  The next step is to bar white people from getting in regardless of if they can afford to or not.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 3:12pm:
So, were tickets only available for purchase in stores or at the venue?  That would be weird.  If they were sold on line or over the phone, how'd they decide what to charge?

Other than that, I don't actually care.  Let them, its douchey but lots of things are. 
Good point. Who would pay to hear rap music anyway?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:11pm:
No, this is different.  This has nothing to do with price disclosure or not.  This a matter of racism.  That is the bigger problem if you consider it a problem.  The next step is to bar white people from getting in regardless of if they can afford to or not.
Good idea. Bar white people from the rap festival. I would. Then black people would have to pay more.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:11pm:
This a matter of racism.  That is the bigger problem if you consider it a problem.  The next step is to bar white people from getting in regardless of if they can afford to or not.

There are already laws which prohibit discrimination based on race, meaning a white person cannot be turned away because he's white.   

He CAN however be turned away if his attire doesn't meet standards for the business. 

“No shirt, no shoes, no service.”

There are no laws that prohibit charging white folks double for goods or service, so the rap festival organizers are not doing anything illegal by making white people pay double for tickets.

The ethical thing to do is disclose that to the white folks BEFORE they buy their ticket - not after.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:44pm:
There are already laws which prohibit discrimination based on race, meaning a white person cannot be turned away because he's white.   

He CAN however be turned away if his attire doesn't meet standards for the business. 

“No shirt, no shoes, no service.”

There are no laws that prohibit charging white folks double for goods or service, so the rap festival organizers are not doing anything illegal by making white people pay double for tickets.

The ethical thing to do is disclose that to the white folks BEFORE they buy their ticket - not after.
If I liked rap music and wanted to go to the festival cheap, I'd just use my gender fluid abilities and morph into my black lesbian persona. Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:47pm:
If I liked rap music and wanted to go to the festival cheap, I'd just use my gender fluid abilities and morph into my black lesbian persona. Smiley

Jeff, your Gender-Fluid abilities don't allow you to become black.   Angry

Some white people are allowed to self-identify as black, but that is up to black people to decide who can and cannot self-identify as being black.

Rachel Dolezal, a white woman, wore dark make-up and pretended to be black.   She was embraced by the NAACP.  They even made her N.A.A.C.P. President in Spokane, Washington!! 

In 2016, Rachel Dolezal changed her name to Nkechi Diallo to keep federal prosecutors off her back.  Apparently she was involved in welfare fraud.     Typical, right?    Grin

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:07pm:
Jeff, your Gender-Fluid abilities don't allow you to become black.   Angry

Feeling Chief, feeling, it's not about becoming, it's about feeling.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 3:07pm:
Some white people are allowed to self-identify as black, but that is up to black people to decide who can and cannot self-identify as being black.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You can be a real hoot sometimes Chief! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Edit: Can any individual black person decide that me feeling black is simply not enough?

Wouldn't that mean that any man could decide who can and cannot self-identify as male? As in "Shit girl, you ain't no man"?

Just wondering...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy