Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People (Read 676 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Reply #40 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:52pm:
Here's a cited quote that blows those guys out of the water:

"Jeff says they are full of shit. Jeff knows this to be true, because Jeff has known a few black bigots and read about a lot more...".

Black people can be bigoted.   They can be prejudiced.  But they can't be racist.   The definition of racist has evolved.   Of course, you can ignore it, but then that makes you irrelevant.

BTW,  here's another citation:

" In order for a racial group to dominate another, that requires power  - it is impossible to be truly racist against white people."

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/racism-against-white-people-doesnt-exist/

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:11pm:
Black people can be bigoted.   They can be prejudiced.  But they can't be racist.   The definition of racist has evolved.
So a bigoted, prejudiced person isn't a racist.

What horse shit.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:44pm
Print Post  

" In order for a racial group to dominate another, that requires power  - it is impossible to be truly racist against white people."

More horse shit. If you go into a place where everyone else is of a different "race" and they all hate you simply because you look different, they will have local and immediate power over you. You can still be a racist in spite of the fact that you are among racists who hate you, but you probably need to be circumspect about it. Shocked

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:37pm:
I agree that it's not your job to get offended on behalf of the entire world.

That shouldn't mean that you'd want to have a racist as a roommate!

Pfft. You don't know what illogical is.

You can't stop liking people because reasons... if one of those reasons is that the person you stopped liking has stopped liking other people because reasons.

That's illogical. You just became what you're supposedly outraged against, QED.

I like everybody who likes me. This is the universal creed of minimal exclusion. If you dislike exclusion, this should be your credo.

When Bill excludes Sally, the solution is not to exclude Bill. Six people who don't see Sally just saw that you excluded Bill and exclude you. Now you've created a chain reaction of exclusion and a big %$#&ing mess with everyone arguing over who is being legitimately excluded (hint: none of them).

I like Bill. I like Sally. If Bill wants to exclude me for liking Sally, that's his problem. No chain reaction.

Universal creed of minimal exclusion.

Black people can be bigoted.   They can be prejudiced.  But they can't be racist.   The definition of racist has evolved.   Of course, you can ignore it, but then that makes you irrelevant.

Correct. That is the definition.

Just like you could kill Jeff, but it wouldn't be regicide.

You can't commit regicide against a non-royal.

That is explicit in the definition of regicide.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:35am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:12pm:
You can't stop liking people because reasons... if one of those reasons is that the person you stopped liking has stopped liking other people because reasons.

That's

When Bill excludes Sally, the solution is not to exclude Bill. Six people who don't see Sally just saw that you excluded Bill and exclude you. Now you've created a chain reaction of exclusion and a big %$#&ing mess with everyone arguing over who is being legitimately excluded (hint: none of them).

The Opposition,

I would like to expand on this a bit, if I may, about the invisible part.

If you look at the label on just about everything you eat, you will see the Kosher symbol.  Most people will have never noticed it but Jews spot it right away.  So basically we all have been eating Kosher all our lives without knowing it.

So even if Jews make up a small minority it is more cost-effective to just make everything Kosher since Jews only eat Kosher and the rest don't care.  However, to take Chief's view, it all depends on how much more it would cost to make something Kosher.

So let's say you have a party of 200 people, you don't go calling everyone to ask if they prefer Organic, Non-GMO.  You just buy everything Organic, Non-GMO.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 6:51am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:12pm:
Correct. That is the definition.

It's a brand new definition then, a re-definition of racism so that black racists are excused for their bigotry and hatred. Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:02am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:35am:
If you look at the label on just about everything you eat, you will see the Kosher symbol.  Most people will have never noticed it but Jews spot it right away.  So basically we all have been eating Kosher all our lives without knowing it.

So even if Jews make up a small minority it is more cost-effective to just make everything Kosher since Jews only eat Kosher and the rest don't care.  However, to take Chief's view, it all depends on how much more it would cost to make something Kosher.

So let's say you have a party of 200 people, you don't go calling everyone to ask if they prefer Organic, Non-GMO.  You just buy everything Organic, Non-GMO.
I can't find anything in my pantry or refrigerator that is Kosher.

If I have a party, I buy whatever I want to, and almost all of it is likely to not be organic non-gmo labeled... I did notice the other day that I bought a can of tuna fish that's labeled "gluten free". Grin Grin Grin

I don't buy inorganic things as food... They are hard to digest.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inorganic

Besides that, people have been modifying plants and animals we use for food for a very long time by cross breeding and selection. Doing it with modern gene splicing technology just makes it easier. Smiley

Edit: Muslims look for Kosher food too.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 6:51am:
It's a brand new definition then, a re-definition of racism so that black racists are excused for their bigotry and hatred. Cry

Think of it as a form of reparations.   Grin

It doesn't bother me, as long as nobody takes my money.

They can charge me double for tickets because I'm white -  all I ask is that they tell me they are doing this BEFORE I buy the ticket - not after.

That's just good business ethics.

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:51am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:47am:
They can charge me double for tickets because I'm white -  all I ask is that they tell me they are doing it BEFORE I buy the ticket - not after.

That's just good business ethics.

Chief, why don't you just use your White Privilege to get in for free?  Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:04am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:47am:
Think of it as a form of reparations.   Grin

I should pretend black bigots aren't prejudiced and practicing discrimination because white bigots still are? Or because white bigots discriminated in the past? Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy