Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People (Read 1143 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Reply #50 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:04am:
I should pretend black bigots aren't prejudiced and practicing discrimination because white bigots still are?

No.

You should pretend that only white folks can be racist.   

Accept the new, revised definition of racism.    It literally costs nothing to do this. 

Think of all the people who will feel better about themselves knowing they can never be accused of racism.

A calming message from Deepak Chopra:

“We must go beyond the constant clamor of ego, beyond the tools of logic and reason, to the still, calm place within us: the realm of the soul.”

edit:   in a related story,  Ocasio-Cortez just called Speaker Pelosi a RACIST!  I was hoping this would happen - - the freshman House reps would start playing the race card.    I had no idea it would happen so soon, though!   

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:35am:
So let's say you have a party of 200 people, you don't go calling everyone to ask if they prefer Organic, Non-GMO.  You just buy everything Organic, Non-GMO.

Exactly, and everyone ends up paying for the preferences of a few, because of what I call the Outrage Effect.

Those who use outrage have a disproportionate power on the free market, because they often act as a group, commanding significant even if nonmajority segments of the population, and no one can afford to lose that business, so they cave.

I would prefer a world where you can just serve what you like and if people don't come to the party, that's on them.

Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 6:51am:
It's a brand new definition then, a re-definition of racism so that black racists are excused for their bigotry and hatred. Cry

Do you think the word regicide is excusing anyone for murder just because they didn't murder a royal?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
This argument needs to end.  There are no superior races, just too many inferior ones.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 10:34pm:
Exactly, and everyone ends up paying for the preferences of a few, because of what I call the Outrage Effect.

Totally agree, the Outrage Effect is real.

This is why people who don't understand this get freaked out when they see Gilette published propaganda against their own male customers. Athletic company Nike hired a spokesperson (Colin Kaepernick) who is more known as a race complainer than an athlete. Family-friendly retail chain Target changed its policy to allow tranny men to use female bathrooms. Coffee company Starbucks is bludgeoning its mostly white customers with Black Lives Matters wokeness. The National Football League puts homosexual cheerleaders on the same field that its gladiator athletes compete on. Banks and financial service firms like Chase and Paypal shut down customers because of their personal ideas. On and on it goes of corporations that are supposed to be in the business of profit going against that profit to appease a globohomo agenda that hates heterosexuality, the family, European-derived peoples, and God.

Do you think that the world is actually not run by the government or the free-market but by corporations?  I am starting to.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2019 at 1:06am by yamcha »  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 1:04am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:40pm:
Do you think that the world is actually not run by the government or the free-market but by corporations?  I am starting to.

I do. This is why I asked on this very forum if a good definition of government is that the government picks the laws.

Well, that's not anyone entrenched in D.C. They couldn't care less who feeds them. They want the most food.

The ones with the most money pick the laws.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:22am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:03pm:
This argument needs to end.  There are no superior races, just too many inferior ones.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:24am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:40pm:
Totally agree, the Outrage Effect is real.

This is why people who don't understand this get freaked out when they see Gilette published propaganda against their own male customers. Athletic company Nike hired a spokesperson (Colin Kaepernick) who is more known as a race complainer than an athlete. Family-friendly retail chain Target changed its policy to allow tranny men to use female bathrooms. Coffee company Starbucks is bludgeoning its mostly white customers with Black Lives Matters wokeness. The National Football League puts homosexual cheerleaders on the same field that its gladiator athletes compete on. Banks and financial service firms like Chase and Paypal shut down customers because of their personal ideas. On and on it goes of corporations that are supposed to be in the business of profit going against that profit to appease a globohomo agenda that hates heterosexuality, the family, European-derived peoples, and God.

When the government regulates corporations heavily, corporations become willing to do what the government wants them to do, because if they don't, they know they can and will be punished.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:28am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 1:04am:
I do. This is why I asked on this very forum if a good definition of government is that the government picks the laws.

Our elected representatives in Congress are supposed to enact laws within the authority granted to them by the Constitution.

That they have shirked their responsibility and given lawmaking authority to executive branch bureaucrats who are quite happy to suck up to rich cronies is a serious problem.

This is pertinent:

https://reason.com/2019/07/12/house-votes-to-stop-trump-from-attacking-iran-with...

Unfortunately, it most likely won't pass in the Senate... Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 8:28am:
Our elected representatives in Congress are supposed to enact laws within the authority granted to them by the Constitution.

That they have shirked their responsibility and given lawmaking authority to executive branch bureaucrats who are quite happy to suck up to rich cronies is a serious problem.

They no longer pick the laws. They're pigs in a pen, pushing whichever buttons give them the most slops. The cronies pick the laws. They're the ones engaging in a meaningful choice about result, benefit, and cost.

The pigs just eat. They neither design nor choose one law over another.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 12:01pm:
They no longer pick the laws. They're pigs in a pen, pushing whichever buttons give them the most slops. The cronies pick the laws. They're the ones engaging in a meaningful choice about result, benefit, and cost.

The pigs just eat. They neither design nor choose one law over another.
Cronies still have to convince congress or some bureaucracy or other to do what they want.

I assume your second reference is to buying votes with promises of 'welfare'  or other types of benefits? Including corporate subsidies?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Michigan Music Festival Doubles The Ticket Price For White People
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy