Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians Establish Sanctuaries From Gun Control Laws
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Libertarians Establish Sanctuaries From Gun Control Laws (Read 237 times)
ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarians Establish Sanctuaries From Gun Control Laws
Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:27am:
Modern soldiers have automatic rifles. The right of civilians to have automatic rifles is highly restricted, something that was said to be necessary during Prohibition when rival gangs in some big cities were using machine guns to shoot each other.

I assume that the U.S. military will be on our side. Why wouldn't they be? We are their parents and children and friends, their countrymen.

A well regulated militia was intended to be a substitute for a standing army, these days it should be a standby supplement to a standing army.

However you envision it, there is no authority granted to the government to disarm us. Self defense is a natural right, and the people of America did not create a government in order to grant it power to restrict or deny rights, but rather to protect them.
The citizens of the Roman Republic probably thought the same thing.  As it turns out, there are military families and communities and the rest of the country that doesn't even know why someone would join the military except out of desperation. 

That's not a great situation long term. 

To the crowd.
Does the "well regulated militia...." part not mean anything?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:19am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:13pm:
Do you think if all civilians were armed with AR15s it would be enough to defeat the US military and would you like to accompany me to the next AfroFuture Fest if I can get us tickets for half off?

Yes. I think if HALF of all civilians were armed with AR15s, that would be plenty to defeat the US military. . . provided the military played by Geneva Convention rules.    If the military is authorized by the president to use biological and chemical weapons against civilians, we're toast.    Cry

I'll pass on the AfroFuture Fest event offer, . . . I'm really not a big fan of rap.  I can't stand rap.  Tongue

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:00am:
The citizens of the Roman Republic probably thought the same thing.
It's the DHS drones I worry about.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:19am:
provided the military played by Geneva Convention rules.    If the military is authorized by the president to use biological and chemical weapons against civilians, we're toast.    Cry

Probably have to do with the demographics.  Let's say it was only the southern states that revolted then yeah but if the rebels were in every demographic than using dirty weapons would be killing their own families!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians Establish Sanctuaries From Gun Control Laws
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy