Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jim Jordon: "There's no one on this committee that would support . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jim Jordon: "There's no one on this committee that would support . . . (Read 1588 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Jim Jordon: "There's no one on this committee that would support . . .
Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
. . . denying coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions."

That was the fourth sentence of his opening statement at a hearing on Obamacare.  Let's think about what that means from this  conservative Republican.  His use of the positive/negative construction may make it a little confusing so you have to parse it out. 

Well?

Do you understand that what Jordan means is that NO ONE on that committee would be willing to vote for a law that did NOT force insurance companies to sell insurance against sickness to people who are already sick? 

To make it less confusing, that means that EVERYONE on that committee insists that any comprehensive law regulating health insurance MUST include a provision forcing health insurance companies to sell insurance to people who are already sick.

As has been pointed out over and over, that is like forcing a home insurance company to sell insurance to a person who waited until his house was on fire to purchase it.  It's even more like forcing a life insurance company to sell life insurance on their spouse to a recently widowed person.  After, all.  That person needs the money because the death of a spouse can be financially devastating. 

This is Republican Jim Jordan, hero of the right wing.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Jim Jordon: "There's no one on this committee that would support . . .
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Now Representative Gibbs, Jordan's fellow Republican from Ohio also reiterated that NO lawmakers will defend the rights of insurance companies deny insurance to people who have already experienced the insured against event. 

So, I guess next time I run red light and T-bone another driver and the driver asks me for my insurance, I can say, "No problem, I'm calling a company to start that right now."

IP Logged

Industry
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
so my mom's friend had a health scare and was on private insurance which sucks and she died.

I don't think people against the preexisting condition thing are like the house on fire thing because what the insurance would alwauys do was say preexiting condition and delay treatment by the time they prove it wasn't you're dead lol.

the problem is they are all HMO and they have their own doctors so they just dny it that way

I only know because my mom is always on about it and she is pro no denying coverage for preexisting condition.

I say let them give you a checkup first and say no then but if they say yes to the checkup you're healthy they take you're money no denying then.

Also yes let them charge more for fat and smoker (see I am fat i'm not biased) but if they take it then no denying because oh you brought you're heart attack on urself.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
I guess both parties will agree on this one.  Higher premiums for sure.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 11:31am:
. . . denying coverage to Americans with pre-existing conditions."

That was the fourth sentence of his opening statement at a hearing on Obamacare.  Let's think about what that means from this  conservative Republican.  His use of the positive/negative construction may make it a little confusing so you have to parse it out. 

Well?

Do you understand that what Jordan means is that NO ONE on that committee would be willing to vote for a law that did NOT force insurance companies to sell insurance against sickness to people who are already sick? 

To make it less confusing, that means that EVERYONE on that committee insists that any comprehensive law regulating health insurance MUST include a provision forcing health insurance companies to sell insurance to people who are already sick.

As has been pointed out over and over, that is like forcing a home insurance company to sell insurance to a person who waited until his house was on fire to purchase it.  It's even more like forcing a life insurance company to sell life insurance on their spouse to a recently widowed person.  After, all.  That person needs the money because the death of a spouse can be financially devastating. 

This is Republican Jim Jordan, hero of the right wing.

The TwoParty leadership rules Congress.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 1:34pm:
The TwoParty leadership rules Congress.

I assume that  you fully support the idea of mandatory coverage for pre-existing conditions?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:06pm:
I assume that  you fully support the idea of mandatory coverage for pre-existing conditions?

If you remember, I don't even support mandatory car insurance, dolt.

I like free markets.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:09pm:
If you remember, I don't even support mandatory car insurance, dolt.

I like free markets.

Ok.

I just assumed that since you are so compassionate about the children of drunken ditchdiggers being able to go to school, that you would also be compassionate about those same children dying of leukemia because their parents bought six-packs instead of health insurance.

I should stop waiting for you to be consistent, I guess . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:22pm:
I just assumed that since you are so compassionate about the children of drunken ditchdiggers being able to go to school...
It's nice that you recognize that I care enough about all children to want every one of them to have an opportunity to go to school., but beyond that, you should stop assuming. You aren't good at it. I think your weeny little narrow mind is the problem, but it seems that every time you assume something about me, you make an ass of yourself by being wrong. Are you some sort of weirdo masochist?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 2:22pm:
I should stop waiting for you to be consistent, I guess . . .
I think that because you have a weeny little narrow mind, you don't recognize consistent adherence to broad principles... But it could be because you yourself have crappy principles and don't know any better... Kiss

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Jim Jordon: "There's no one on this committee that would support . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy