Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border (Read 522 times)
Little Biq Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Our representative republic has failed to build a barrier to prevent illegals from pouring in.  The current administration's reaction to that is to punish the families who take advantage of that failure to enter the U.S.

Right now, a woman is testifying en espanol about her nineteen month old daughter who died in custody after being cleared by a nurse and then packed into a room with sick children.   Heartbreaking testimony which will be effective.  Trump will change his policy once again.

Time to stop this expensive and inhumane action.  Instead of focusing on preventing immigration we should focus on ending the freebies - especially public education - that draws so many immigrants who have little to contribute and will be a drain on our economy.

This hearing will have its effect.  The Trump administration has thrown the Dems a hanging curve ball that they will knock out of the park.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 3:26pm:
Our representative republic has failed to build a barrier to prevent illegals from pouring in.
That's great! We can't afford it, it would make us too much like East Germany, and it would be even less effective than the Berlin Wall.

Besides, it would require another billion or two of DHS agents of one sort of another... Pretty soon, everybody is a Secret Policeman. Shocked That never works out well.

You should move to North Korea. Smiley Smiley Smiley

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Trump will change his policy once again.
This is one of the problems I've been talking about.

The way our government is structured, Congress makes policy and the President executes it.

Any president that tries to make policy on their own has tyranny in mind and should be impeached.

All the tyrannical minded asshats in congress that vote to allow a president to exercise Congressional Powers are also thinking of tyranny and should be impeached.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Instead of focusing on preventing immigration we should focus on ending the freebies - especially public education - that draws so many immigrants who have little to contribute and will be a drain on our economy.
Citations needed.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Watched a little more of he hearings. 

We need to either block people from coming or treat them with human dignity when we let them enter.

This idea of inducing them to come in and then treating them like animals is absurd.  I wouldn't treat zoo animals the way these children are being treated. 

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Our representative republic has failed to build a barrier to prevent illegals from pouring in.  The current administration's reaction to that is to punish the families who take advantage of that failure to enter the U.S.

Right now, a woman is testifying en espanol about her nineteen month old daughter who died in custody after being cleared by a nurse and then packed into a room with sick children.   Heartbreaking testimony which will be effective.  Trump will change his policy once again.

Time to stop this expensive and inhumane action.  Instead of focusing on preventing immigration we should focus on ending the freebies - especially public education - that draws so many immigrants who have little to contribute and will be a drain on our economy.

This hearing will have its effect.  The Trump administration has thrown the Dems a hanging curve ball that they will knock out of the park.

Little Biq Man,

This makes me think is there really is such a thing as a centrist or Libertarian.  Seems either we lean left or right.

I claim to be more or less a Libertarian but when I see news about open borders and acceptance of illegal immigration from 3rd world countries I am not happy at all.  Sure I want everyone to have liberty but then I don't want my society to be reduced to the lowest common denominator...

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:50am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 10:23pm:
Little Biq Man,

This makes me think is there really is such a thing as a centrist or Libertarian.  Seems either we lean left or right.

I claim to be more or less a Libertarian but when I see news about open borders and acceptance of illegal immigration from 3rd world countries I am not happy at all.  Sure I want everyone to have liberty but then I don't want my society to be reduced to the lowest common denominator...

I hear you on that one.  Borders are kind of an interesting topic among libertarians, definitely not "settled science."  Some libertarians want a libertarian nation that as closed borders to prevent a flood of unfortunates and opportunists from non-libertarian countries, while others favor open borders since closing them is use of force. 

I could get behind either one, and I go back and forth about which approach I favor.  My point is, let's make up our minds as a nation.  Either close the border and build a barrier since we know nothing else will stop illegal immigration or admit that we want open borders and stop putting children in cages for a political stunt.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the libertarians on here want to address the fact that we are keeping kids in cages.  They are too busy ragging on AOC because she doesn't know that prison toilets are also water fountains.  If it were their kids drinking that water, I don't think they would be happy about it.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:50am:
I'm kind of surprised that none of the libertarians on here want to address the fact that we are keeping kids in cages. 
The parents of the kids know damn well their kids will be held in detention cages.

THEY made the decision to have their kids locked up - NOT me.  I bear zero guilt for the mess at the border.   

These parents who put their kids in harm's way are the bad guys  -  not us Taxpayers burdened with keeping the kids housed, clothed, and fed. . . . Which can cost over $700/person/day, incidentally.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:09am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:58am:
The parents of the kids know damn well their kids will be held in detention cages.

THEY made the decision to have their kids locked up - NOT Trump. 

These parents who put their kids in harm's way are the bad guys  -  not us Taxpayers burdened with keeping the kids housed, clothed, and fed. . . . Which can cost over $700/person/day, incidentally.

Ok, good.  Thanks for commenting on the substance of the OP.

Yes, THEY made the decision to take a chance on crossing the border so their children can have a better life.  But WE (our government) made the decision to not secure the border and they know damn well that desperately poor people are not going to pass up a chance to come into the land of opportunity out of respect for laws that we don't bother to enforce.

Trump could have built the wall any time he chose and dealt with legal objection in court.  The voters would have backed him on that.  Even in the incredibly unlikely even congress impeached him, he would win in 2020 by a landslide.

Even if you disagree with that, our government has made the decision not to build the barrier so punishing these kids so harshly for our government's failure makes zero sense.

Spending $700 per day to punish those kids damn sure makes no sense.  We could stop doing that right now.  Then we can either build a wall, end welfare, or both.  But just from a dollars and sense perspective giving them the full welfare bennies that any American lazy-ass would get wouldn't cost $700 per day.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:50am:
I hear you on that one.  Borders are kind of an interesting topic among libertarians, definitely not "settled science."  Some libertarians want a libertarian nation that as closed borders to prevent a flood of unfortunates and opportunists from non-libertarian countries, while others favor open borders since closing them is use of force. 

I could get behind either one, and I go back and forth about which approach I favor.  My point is, let's make up our minds as a nation.  Either close the border and build a barrier since we know nothing else will stop illegal immigration or admit that we want open borders and stop putting children in cages for a political stunt.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the libertarians on here want to address the fact that we are keeping kids in cages.  They are too busy ragging on AOC because she doesn't know that prison toilets are also water fountains.  If it were their kids drinking that water, I don't think they would be happy about it.

OK, let me take a shot at this.  The border-free people see borders as arbitrary manmade thought constructs, meaningless lines drawn on a map.  And in reality, the world is one undivided whole.  If that is the case then you don't need to go anywhere since you are already in it?

Borders are real and not because they separate demographics or geographical differences.  They are real because they separate different cultures and civilizations.  The border between Mexico and America separate the 3rd world culture from the 1st world culture and it doesnt really matter where or how you draw the border since that changes all the time actually.  So my point is borders are natural and even if you erase them they will eventually draw themselves.

Italy 200 years ago consisted of 20+ different countries/kingdoms each with its own form of government that best match the majority local culture.

Sometimes people don't think about this:  The Mexican-American border is not only to keep Mexicans and those who come through Mexico out of America but also to keep Americans from accidentally and thereby unlawfully stepping into Mexico.  Your thoughts many friend.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy