Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border (Read 347 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:50am:
Borders are kind of an interesting topic among libertarians, definitely not "settled science."  Some libertarians want a libertarian nation that as closed borders to prevent a flood of unfortunates and opportunists from non-libertarian countries, while others favor open borders since closing them is use of force. 

I could get behind either one, and I go back and forth about which approach I favor.  My point is, let's make up our minds as a nation.  Either close the border and build a barrier since we know nothing else will stop illegal immigration or admit that we want open borders and stop putting children in cages for a political stunt.

There's a third option; enact better immigration laws so more immigrants can come here legally and ditch the idea that the U.S. is a sanctuary for anyone in the world who lives under a bad government.

And of course, get rid of the "welfare" state, which almost all libertarians already oppose.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:10am:
There's a third option; enact better immigration laws so more immigrants can come here legally and ditch the idea that the U.S. is a sanctuary for anyone in the world who lives under a bad government.

And of course, get rid of the "welfare" state, which almost all libertarians already oppose.

There's a fourth option, too.   Which is actually the best of all options.

Guest Visas.   

These will eliminate the need for amnesty or asylum.    Anyone from any country (except the ones listed in Trump's travel ban) can apply for a Guest Visa.

The Guest Visa costs $500 and is good for 12 months.   It is renewable indefinitely.  It allows the migrant to come and go as he/she pleases - without fear of deportation, or separation from their loved ones.   

In most cases, a Guest Visa can be issued within an hour of submitting it.   (Some applications may take a bit longer to vet properly.)

It's the obvious libertarian solution.  Hopefully, lawmakers will implement my Guest Visa plan, and we can say adios to all the insanity happening on our southern border.

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:27am
Print Post  
9SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:09am:
and we can say adios to all the insanity happening on our southern border.

We would also need to say zài jiàn, xin chao and see you later Furback (Canadians).

IP Logged

Little Biq Man
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 10:10am:

There are dozens of other options better than our system of outlawing immigrants and also encouraging them to come in.  But we haven't opted for anything else but outlawing immigrants and encouraging them to come in.

We shouldn't be putting kids in cages because of our failure is my point.

Quote:

Yeah.  Almost.

How much is your monthly check again?  Surely not as much as $700 per day, is it?

Would you be opposed to being required, as a part of your monthly government check, to take in an immigrant mother and child?  Your check could be increased to cover the makings for tamales and frijoles. 

The one that testified about the tragic death of her daughter was kinda cute, so who know . . .

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Ok, now a young Democratic Representative on the house judiciary committee, chaired by Nadler, channeled Matthew McCon-a-hay (sp) and asked the memmbers to imagine children being treated the way the kids in cages are being treated, and then, "now imagine if they were white."

You MAGA folks need to start worrying. 

Jeff?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:09am:
There's a fourth option, too.   Which is actually the best of all options.

Guest Visas.   

That would come under the option of enacting (arguably) better immigration laws.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 11:33am:
Would you be opposed to being required, as a part of your monthly government check, to take in an immigrant mother and child?  Your check could be increased to cover the makings for tamales and frijoles. 
I'd rather take in a young single man from somewhere in Africa, but what I'd really like to see is the end of Social Security.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 12:22pm:
Ok, now a young Democratic Representative on the house judiciary committee, chaired by Nadler, channeled Matthew McCon-a-hay (sp) and asked the memmbers to imagine children being treated the way the kids in cages are being treated, and then, "now imagine if they were white."

You MAGA folks need to start worrying. 

Jeff?

You want me to poll people I know who like Trump? What should I ask them?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote Today at 11:33am:
Quote:

Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:47pm:
I'd rather take in a young single man from somewhere in Africa,

Oh.

Well, Jeff my level of respect for you just went up.  I hope you weren't trying to provoke me into making an issue of that preference for African men over a Guatamalan hottie.  I have no issue with that at all.  It shows a willingness to be open about both your same-sex preference and your not falling into the Euro-centric standards of attractiveness which is out of place in a diverse society such as ours. 

From a libertarian perspective, I think that the USSC ruling on gay marriage has made it much easier for people to be honest about themselves.  At first I was annoyed because I felt that decision should have been left up to states.  After all, it would have  only taken one state to allow same-sex marriage to make those marriages legal in all states under the "full faith and credit clause."  But how many times has the USSC had to step in to end discriminatory practices by states in violation of the IV amendment?  Countless.

Quote:
but what I'd really like to see is the end of Social Security.

I would trade every check I have coming when I am old enough if my own kids no longer had to pay into that absurd Ponzi scheme.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 3:49pm:
You want me to poll people I know who like Trump? What should I ask them?

Ask them how they think the deaths of these children in cages are going to affect Trump's re-election chances.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Now Playing: Hearing on "Children in Cages" at the Border
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy