Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School (Read 219 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School
Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:55pm:
Read the rest of the statement.

I did.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 6:54pm:
Are you saying that local communities build would build schools with tax money but would not regulate them?  They would just let the teachers do whatever they want?

Are you drunk or drugged?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Greetings Little Biq Man,

I am in California and this problem is probably much worse than in TX.  Half of them don't graduate high school even after the curriculum has been dumbed down to the jr. high school level.  Even after 12 years of schooling they neither can read or write properly.  (Many cannot even read.)

I have never been supportive of compulsory schooling and see it as indoctrination instead of education. I think perhaps if manual labor is what these kids are cut out for them it would be good to get them to start working early and ease the citizen's tax burden.

IP Logged

Little Biq Man
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:34pm:
Greetings Little Biq Man,

I am in California and this problem is probably much worse than in TX.  Half of them don't graduate high school even after the curriculum has been dumbed down to the jr. high school level.  Even after 12 years of schooling they neither can read or write properly.  (Many cannot even read.)

I have never been supportive of compulsory schooling and see it as indoctrination instead of education. I think perhaps if manual labor is what these kids are cut out for them it would be good to get them to start working early and ease the citizen's tax burden.

Well put!

Our immigrants historically made us better, but that was after the system of free markets and opportunity made them better.  Now our system encourages the freeloaders to immigrate and then maintains their freeloader lifestyle.

Doesn't mean that Latin Americans are doomed to be manual laborers for generations any more than Italians, Polish, Chinese, etc. were.  But the first generation often had to work hard so their children would be able to climb the ladder.

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:53pm:
Well put!

Our immigrants historically made us better, but that was after the system of free markets and opportunity made them better.  Now our system encourages the freeloaders to immigrate and then maintains their freeloader lifestyle.

Doesn't mean that Latin Americans are doomed to be manual laborers for generations any more than Italians, Polish, Chinese, etc. were.  But the first generation often had to work hard so their children would be able to climb the ladder.

Yeah, and you make a really good point with the Chinese.  They got tricked to come over here to mine for gold but then got put to work on the railroads.  But the difference is they didn't whine and were not helpless.  Within a very short time, they established their Chinatowns with their own school and associations and became more or less self-sufficient and independent from the rest of America.

The Asian story really pisses of the Democrats who want to marginalize all minorities by making promises to get them to vote Democrat.  The Asian don't care because they are too busy kicking ass and don't want Democrat help because it is too slow and too low profit! haha!

They are way underrepresented in all areas of society.  You hardly ever see any Asian politicians, police, fireman or human right's activists.  They don't have time shit for that since they are too busy kicking ass.  getting into the best school and nabbing the best jobs.

Want to know something funny, when they were back in the "old country", they couldn't have what they have here because there was just too much competition from their own kind!  Then they come here and they see a bunch of people screaming for rights, debating about equality and not working and they say, "What the hell? this is too easy!"

They are so interesting!  I live in an Asian neighborhood (Irvine, CA), of which they took over literally by an organized community method spanning several decades.  They make the greatest neighbors! They are clean, respectful and law-abiding.  They don't even play music, like ever.   None of them have anything to do with us whatsoever. They won't even say hello. Even Chinese and Koreans don't speak to each other. They are too busy pursuing happiness.  It's like a white neighbor could put up a giant Swastika flag in their yard and the Asians wouldn't care in the slightest! Grin

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:50pm:
They are so interesting!  I live in an Asian neighborhood (Irvine, CA), of which they took over literally by an organized community method spanning several decades.  They make the greatest neighbors! They are clean, respectful and law-abiding.  They don't even play music, like ever.   None of them have anything to do with us whatsoever. They won't even say hello. Even Chinese and Koreans don't speak to each other. They are too busy pursuing happiness.  It's like a white neighbor could put up a giant Swastika flag in their yard and the Asians wouldn't care in the slightest! Grin

It's almost like what I keep saying about authoritarian regimes producing people who actually produce freedom.

That not caring about that giant flag?

That is them producing freedom where 90% of people will oppress others if they get a chance.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

yamcha
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 8:53pm:
Doesn't mean that Latin Americans are doomed to be manual laborers for generations any more than Italians, Polish, Chinese, etc. were. 

No, they are not.

Interesting fact: Did you know that high school is not mandatory in Japan?

It is a myth that the Japanese have to kill themselves in order to get into good universities in order to find a good job and have a decent life in their society.

Most of the ones who do not go to high school choose so wisely.  They often apprentice themselves in a trade and become masters by the time they are in their mid-20s.  The Japanese economy is great and barely has poverty.

Back in high school one of our buddies dropped out in 11th grade and went to be a grease monkey in an auto repair shop.  Last time I saw him, he had 5 repair shops, 2 used car lots, a hot wife and an even hotter girlfriend and several very expensive homes.  Me?  I just paid off my student loans last year and am only starting to be in the black.

The free-market is beautiful!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:07am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 10th, 2019 at 9:55pm:
It's almost like what I keep saying about authoritarian regimes producing people who actually produce freedom.
Where is that happening? Where has it happened?

Are you talking about military dictators who prevented communist takeovers and then stepped down when a legitimate government was created?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 7:11am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:55am:
The Japanese economy is great and barely has poverty.
Japan has been in a recession for 20 years or so. Their managed economy and fiat money haven't been working.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Biq Man
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:05am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 1:55am:
No, they are not.

Interesting fact: Did you know that high school is not mandatory in Japan?

It is a myth that the Japanese have to kill themselves in order to get into good universities in order to find a good job and have a decent life in their society.

Most of the ones who do not go to high school choose so wisely.  They often apprentice themselves in a trade and become masters by the time they are in their mid-20s.  The Japanese economy is great and barely has poverty.

Back in high school one of our buddies dropped out in 11th grade and went to be a grease monkey in an auto repair shop.  Last time I saw him, he had 5 repair shops, 2 used car lots, a hot wife and an even hotter girlfriend and several very expensive homes.  Me?  I just paid off my student loans last year and am only starting to be in the black.

The free-market is beautiful!

When not influenced by stolen tax money, it sure is!

I read somewhere, and I wish I could find it again, that the average age of an electrician is fifty-seven.  Fifty-seven.  Because young folks are being told that manual labor is beneath them and they are not being told the difference between high-paid skilled trades and minimum wage ditch digging. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy