Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School (Read 323 times)
yamcha
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School
Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Little Biq Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2019 at 9:05am:
When not influenced by stolen tax money, it sure is!

I read somewhere, and I wish I could find it again, that the average age of an electrician is fifty-seven.  Fifty-seven.  Because young folks are being told that manual labor is beneath them and they are not being told the difference between high-paid skilled trades and minimum wage ditch digging. 

Not only that but some manual labor for young people is character building in my opinion!  I did construction every summer during high school and after.  Great fun and great people.  Got some good-sized muscles for it too!

In the office I used to work in, we had college grad apply almost every week for the local and prestigious university (UCI).  So since they have no work experience, they get 3 choices: reception, phone answering or copy room.  They get paid a few dollars over the minimum (If minimum gets increased to $15/hr then they will be paid just that.)  This is what we offer anyone coming in regardless of education if they don't have industry experience.

Since they made college available for everyone regardless of grades or aptitude, a college degree has become common and worthless.  Especially if it is a liberal arts degree.  I have no use for a guy with a degree in philosophy, sociology, humanities, etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Illegal Alien Kids are Taught in Public School
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy