Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Economic Class Is a Good Thing, Sorry Marx
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Economic Class Is a Good Thing, Sorry Marx (Read 123 times)
Jacob
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Economic Class Is a Good Thing, Sorry Marx
Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
What Capitalism has achieved is the elimination of CASTE, the idea that your are born under your lot in a feudal society. Yet the Communist Manifesto only ever conflates caste with class to serve its proletariat collectivist agenda.

Economic classes are great because of the meritocratic mobility inherent in them, which may have never existed in its current form until modern history.

If someone brings up class "warfare," they have no idea what they actually benefit from. _Caste_ warfare, however, has its historical lineage, like peasant revolts.

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Economic Class Is a Good Thing, Sorry Marx
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Jacob wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:34pm:
What Capitalism has achieved is the elimination of CASTE, the idea that your are born under your lot in a feudal society. Yet the Communist Manifesto only ever conflates caste with class to serve its proletariat collectivist agenda.

Economic classes are great because of the meritocratic mobility inherent in them, which may have never existed in its current form until modern history.

If someone brings up class "warfare," they have no idea what they actually benefit from. _Caste_ warfare, however, has its historical lineage, like peasant revolts.
Good post. Good points.

I'll quibble and say I hate the term "capitalism", and not just because Marx coined it. I prefer to say "economic liberty" or "free market economies".

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jacob
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:40pm:
I'll quibble and say I hate the term "capitalism", and not just because Marx coined it. I prefer to say "economic liberty" or "free market economies".

I prefer to see the coining of the word capitalism as the philosophical equivalent of scoring on your own net! Grin

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Jacob wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:44pm:
I prefer to see the coining of the word capitalism as the philosophical equivalent of scoring on your own net! Grin
How many people think "capitalism" is a dirty word?

In fact it is, because Marx coined it to describe the mercantile systems that prevailed in Europe in his time, and they were nasty evil systems of economics.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jacob
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:48pm:
How many people think "capitalism" is a dirty word?

In fact it is, because Marx coined it to describe the mercantile systems that prevailed in Europe in his time, and they were nasty evil systems of economics.

I had no idea he was looking at mercantilism when he coined the phrase...  Shocked
Another opportunistic conflation!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Jacob wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:52pm:
I had no idea he was looking at mercantilism when he coined the phrase...  Shocked
Another opportunistic conflation!
Marx was a sort of religious fanatic, just not about a traditional kind of religion.

Like most fervent fanatics who think they are prophets, he was often short of knowledge and very short on understanding (Especially his understanding of people, which was limited to suppositions about people of his own class, who were most often cronies or leeches in the mercantile system.

It gave him a bad opinion of people, but he didn't bother to look beyond the government and it's cronies and the types of people they were. Tsk tsk...).

I've come to believe he was a sociopath. Of course I got that idea when I first read some of his fantastic prophecies back when I was in College. Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Economic Class Is a Good Thing, Sorry Marx
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy