Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Problems With Red Flag Laws And The 4th Amendment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Problems With Red Flag Laws And The 4th Amendment (Read 635 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Problems With Red Flag Laws And The 4th Amendment
Reply #30 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 11:09am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 4:43am:
Chief,

Do you recommend using pepper spray if 2 or 3 armed robbers break into my house in the middle of the night? 

Grin    Smiley      Smiley

If Trump pushes for more infringement of the second Amendment (Red Flag Law), I am officially changing my prediction for his re-election.

Why did Trump suddenly go into self-destruct mode?

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 11:09am:

If Trump pushes for more infringement of the second Amendment (Red Flag Law), I am officially changing my prediction for his re-election.

Yeah, it's weird.  I know the guy himself used to carry and maybe he still does.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 9:19am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 11:09am:

It was part of the plan from the beginning.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Aug 13th, 2019 at 9:21am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Aug 9th, 2019 at 7:29pm:
Yeah, it's weird.  I know the guy himself used to carry and maybe he still does.
Right. Trump would be crazy to support red flag laws.

Thousands of people would turn him in immediately as being a threat to the country because of his unstable insane talk and he'd be disarmed!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Red Flag Laws are an egregious assault upon the Bill of Rights - specifically the 2nd Amendment and the 4th Amendment.  And the 14th.

The accused has no right to face his/her accuser, no right to legal counsel, no right to a fair trail even though  no crime has been committed! 

If your neighbor doesn't like you, he can contact local law enforcement and say that he thinks you might use your firearm to harm yourself or others.

A private hearing is conducted - you or your lawyer are NOT allowed to be present.  A judge reviews the complaint, and may issue a warrant for the confiscation of your firearms.

What can you do at that point?   You must prove that you're innocent.  The Court might return your firearms.  But they might not.

It really depends how well you can prove your innocence of a crime you never committed!   

A 7th grader could tell how unconstitutional these Red Flag laws are.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Aug 17th, 2019 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 17th, 2019 at 1:35pm:
Red Flag Laws are an egregious assault upon the Bill of Rights - specifically the 2nd Amendment and the 4th Amendment.  And the 14th.

The accused has no right to face his/her accuser, no right to legal counsel, no right to a fair trail even though  no crime has been committed! 

If your neighbor doesn't like you, he can contact local law enforcement and say that he thinks you might use your firearm to harm yourself or others.

A private hearing is conducted - you or your lawyer are NOT allowed to be present.  A judge reviews the complaint, and may issue a warrant for the confiscation of your firearms.

What can you do at that point?   You must prove that you're innocent.  The Court might return your firearms.  But they might not.

It really depends how well you can prove your innocence of a crime you never committed!   

A 7th grader could tell how unconstitutional these Red Flag laws are.
I'm pretty sure I know what the majority of Supreme Court Justices will say about them...

That's just another reason the Democrats are trying to castrate the Court.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - yesterday at 6:28am
Print Post  

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - yesterday at 10:00am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote yesterday at 6:28am:

Great.   They suspended the 2nd, the 4th, the 14th,  and now they want to suspend the 1st. 

It's like they're begging for a Revolution.   

They swore an oath tho uphold and defend the Constitution against all enemies - foreign AND domestic.  Now THEY have become the enemy.

Impeach.   Convict.   Public Hangings on the steps of the Capitol building!

That would restore order back in the Columbia district.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - yesterday at 10:18am
Print Post  
No Chief,

You won't live to see the revolution since you are supposed to be the revolution.  You don't see it?  They are waiting for old guys like you to die before they crush the rest of us.  You are the last generation to have tasted freedom and liberty.  The generations after you wouldn't recognize it if it were laying in front of them.  Most young people are happily giving away their freedom and liberty in order to move cartoon characters around screens. 

This is what the Jew wants.  Do you really think the SJW's, Progressives and Mestizos have the brains to orchestrate the subjugation of the free world when they can't even talk properly?  Don't you think there is some bigger and smarter group is doing the evil?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - yesterday at 10:37am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote yesterday at 10:18am:
No Chief,

You won't live to see the revolution since you are supposed to be the revolution.  You don't see it?  They are waiting for old guys like you to die before they crush the rest of us.  You are the last generation to have tasted freedom and liberty.  The generations after you wouldn't recognize it if it were laying in front of them.  Most young people are happily giving away their freedom and liberty in order to move cartoon characters around screens. 
Right, us old people escaped from our parents basements and tasted the fruits of our own enterprise and labor, and we got to vote for people like Jimmy Carter and Nancy Pelosi...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Problems With Red Flag Laws And The 4th Amendment
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy