Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Equal pay for equal work and freedom of association
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Equal pay for equal work and freedom of association (Read 1304 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Equal pay for equal work and freedom of association
Reply #130 - Nov 1st, 2019 at 8:35am
Print Post  
I liked this article, and think it's probably topical to the "equality" issue:

https://fee.org/articles/5-spooky-facts-about-power-and-inequality-you-probably-...

From the article:

"1. Historically, the Wealthy Got Rich by Exploiting the Poor, but ...

For most of human history, there was a single story of how the rich got rich. The ruling political class extracted great sums of wealth from everyone else. Kings and emperors topping the list of the 10 richest men of all time reported by the BBC earlier this year include Mansa Musa I, Genghis Khan, Emperor Akbar I, and William the Conqueror."

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Equal pay for equal work and freedom of association
Reply #131 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 7:41am
Print Post  
News about the Chicago Teachers union:

https://www.newser.com/story/283141/chicago-teachers-strike-comes-to-historic-en...

25,000 unionized teachers struck for "social justice:

"Union leaders said the strike forced city officials to negotiate on issues they initially deemed out of bounds, including support for homeless students. Lightfoot, who took office this year, said the strike was unnecessary and dubbed the city's offer of a 16% raise for teachers over a five-year contract and other commitments on educators’ priorities "historic." Once the strike ended, Lightfoot said the entire city would benefit from the negotiated deal. "Our contract fight was about the larger movement to shift values and priorities in Chicago," says CTU Vice President Stacy Davis Gates."

I wonder if the final contract is available on-line? And I wonder if the City made promises to implement the union's "social justice" policy proposals?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Equal pay for equal work and freedom of association
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy